Find a great defense in that list...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Find a great defense in that list...

Im shakin over hear.

Gramps probably couldnt even get his arm up high enough, but thats what  the internet is for. Acting tough behind a keyboard....lol

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Please explain the relevancy of that list when the 2 No. 1 seeds are at the absolute bottom of it at 31, and 32. The two absolute worst defence according to those stats have earned two of the best records in the NFL and are at the top of their divisions. I don't care how you try to bend it, it seems Green bay and New England have the inside track what really matters, wining. You can keep your stats, all they want is the win.

Looking to get even for 1997 Pats 35
                                             GB   21  15 years later for MHK

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

49ers, Steelers, Baltimore, Houston have all been great defensively this year relative to the new rules being enforced. The Steelers actually did beat us you know?

Teams like the Packers and Patriots while not great have been very opportunistic in regards to interceptions and takeaway's, enough to put them in the solid category.  While we certainly can't be stopped offensively, if we run the wrong game plan we can certainly stop ourselves going all pass happy like the past few years of first round exits... but there I go complaining again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Find a great defense in that list...:
    In response to "Re: Find a great defense in that list...": I didn't say that, I said the opposite of that.
    Posted by shenanigan

You'll have to excuse the good Doctor - he's not very quick on simple things like 5th grade reading comprehension.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

You'd be dead if you punched me in the nose.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Great stuff Doctor Skippy.  So now, in addition to being an internet PhD, you're a tough guy also.  I suppose you sparred with Bruce Lee - LOL :).  Gotta love it, PhD and trained killer.  Next thing you know you'll be employed - oops, my bad - no one will "give" you a job.  Must be your sparkling personality (kinda like a bent trash can).  Keep yapping Doc - you're pegging the unintentional comedy meter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Find a great defense in that list... : Isn't claiming to punch me in the nose a threat as well?

Again Doc - epic fail on that dreaded reading comprehension - keep tryin' Skippy - sooner or later you'll put out a lucid idea - of course, that may not happen for a while, seeing as you haven't done so in over 3,600 posts.  Institutions of higher learning bviously failed you - but like good little "let's worry about student self-esteems" they just pushed you through.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The Pats can score 30 on every team there.

The only ones that can stop them are themselves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

49ers, Steelers, Baltimore, Houston have all been great defensively this year relative to the new rules being enforced. The Steelers actually did beat us you know? Teams like the Packers and Patriots while not great have been very opportunistic in regards to interceptions and takeaway's, enough to put them in the solid category.  While we certainly can't be stopped offensively, if we run the wrong game plan we can certainly stop ourselves going all pass happy like the past few years of first round exits... but there I go complaining again.
    Posted by wozzy

I don't think you are complaining.

There have been some game situations where the old  under-center offense with a run or pass option would seem to be just the trick but they never seem to commit to it.

I don't think it is bad to point that out.

My conclusion is that they are working on some options for the shotgun to counteract the rush and to help in the situations where the o-line cannot hold protection hopefully ready by playoffs.

This forum can never really discuss this in depth frankly because of the dynamics between many here who throw the baby out with the bath-water due to KingIIs extensive, and repeated , what I think is a crusade at this point to put this team into the 2003-2004 offensive mold and all the side stories such as Brady's ego and O'Brians playcalling...

Unfortunately SOME of what he is pointing out parellels some of your arguements but I am afraid you are condemned by association at this point.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: Find a great defense in that list... : Maybe, since the idea is to move the ball and score points, tehy feel it doesn't work?  The PAts' coaches do know more than you about this, after all. Which is my point-fans have no right to complain or whine about things out of their control regarding the playing of games and the running of the offense.

I think in the end there is a valid reason for everything the PAtriots are doing and I agree, if it would score points this team would probably would be doing it.

Being extrememly curious I would love to know the reasoning behind some of the decisions they have made some have theories since I do not have access to anyone in the know on the team have to piece together little bits of information to come up with a plausible theory. that is where discussion comes in.

Why do you think they are not switching to under center  the few times this year  they were getting killed in the shotgun?

-BB philosophy that execution is always the answer?
    -No running back the calipher of Corey Dillon?
    -Using the opportunities to work out the kinks in the new offense that has even greater promise?
    -Brady controls Bill O'Brien?

To bring it back to the point ..against not so great defenses this  Pats offense does go through disturbing dry spells that seem to be realated to teams playing hyper agressive pass defense. As a scientist aren't you the least bit curious of what they are working on as a counter-measure?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: Find a great defense in that list... :   Does the run work against a blitz?   The run won't work against that. Why should I be?  It's out of my control.  Frankly, as I scientist, there are more important things for me to worry about.

Good points.

"Does the run work against a blitz?"

Delayed handoffs from the shotgun after the blitz comes in and the secondary has commited to recievers is a most awkward play, it sometimes gets snubbed and sometimes breaks for 8 yards...not consistant. Also forces a potential runinng back to hang around Brady pretending to be protection..really awkward.

If they go to the under center...then you are looking at a standard defense against standard offense...probably for their own reasons not the mismatch the Pats are looking for.

So what does that leave? They need to develop another play or two that works from the shotgun. Since they need it they are already doing it. Do you disagree?

"Frankly, as I scientist, there are more important things for me to worry about."

So thinking in this way when you are spending time on this forum anyway burns more brains energy away and takes away from the other important stuff you are doing? Have an energy bar.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Stop wasting your time. Noone is buying that there arent any good defenses. We have televisions and internets and some even have sunday ticket like my self. Whats your point? You can say those defenses arent "great" but they DO get off the field... Noone is asking for the 85 bears. How about getting a stop now and then...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

I think his point is good.  No shutdown defenses, and I'm not sure the 49ers are that great.  They play in the NFC west, there are at least 4 gift games there.  Lets face it, the NFL has outlawed defense.  They say its for safety, but hey, if they let Dbacks compete for the ball, there wouldn't be so many vicious hits anyway.  LET THE HANDFIGHTING GO.  Let guys get in there and try to break up a pass.  As bad as the Patriots defense is, they seem get the job done, and they do get turnovers at crucial times.  All you statboys should pay attention to OUTCOME, and factor that in.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: Find a great defense in that list... :   Would YOU rather I create a treatment for Parkinson's/schizophrenia/Alzheimer's or I worry about the Pats offense and why no one is fixing it?

Doesn't really need fixing..just a little tweek.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Is the GB defense opportunistic or does their offense make them that way?

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: Find a great defense in that list... : Oh, kind of like a methyl group is better than a hydrogen?   Sometimes tweaks are worse.  There's a drug on the market that is in actuality a metabolite of the proposed original compound.  The proposed original had bad side effects but was thought to be very active by the chemists.  The metabolite was originally proposed by a modeler but a chemist suggested the final "tweak".  His tweak was wrong and bad and could have actually killed people.

no need to explain, I knew what you meant....NOT.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The "Pickers and the "Lyings"... lol... Comon Maureen your not going to make anyone dead, unless you girl slap em to death.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts