Finding a home for AD, where can he be dumped?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Finding a home for AD, where can he be dumped?

I think 99% of Patriot Nation wants to see this guy gone in 2010 and most wouldn't mind even if he's cut and there's no return on millions on dollars of investment.
    It hasn't been all bad, he has made some plays but for the money he has been paid they have been few and far between.  I remember when he was signed as a FA, everyone was so excited about an OLB that could cover WRs.  A guy that was supposed to be here as a leader and stud LB.  That never happened and this year without Bruschi Vrable or Seymour he became a cancer.

I think there's still value for this guy, there are a few teams that I believe would take a chance on him if they do not have to give up too much.  One team that I think could make a run at him is Dallas.  They have some holes at LB and need to help depth there.  Would it be too much of a stretch to think Jerry Jones would trade for him?  They hold a 3rd and a 4th, don't think we can get a 3rd but maybe a fourth.

Why trade when you might be able to wait and pick him up as a FA if released?  Well if a trade happens you are guaranteed to get him, wait to pick him up as a FA and he can sign elsewhere.

Regardless I don't want to see him as a Patriot next season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Finding a home for AD, where can he be dumped?

His tradeability will depend on whether other teams are willing to take on his $4.9 mil salary for next yr.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

The salary is the issue and that is why I think he ends up with an out right release because with this being a non cap year there is no cap hit from releasing him. It ends up saving the Patriots close to 9 million dollars clear.  I wouldn't trade for him... but if there is one team that might it is Oakland in my opinion because we all know Uncle Al doesn't give a crap how much he spends.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

They'll see him twice a season once he's released and signs with the Jets.......

With that as a possible scenario, I think they dial up AFL Davis and send him out west for whatever they want to give in return.  Remember it will be an uncapped year and I'm assuming Davis will want to take on payroll to make a championship run.....even though he's the only human alive (or is he?) that thinks they'd have a legit shot at championship........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

AD?  Isn't his initials AT?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

No, his initials are based on his first and middle name not first and last name.  He's known as AD, Adalius Donquail Thomas

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Adalius Don Quixote Thamas?  That makes more sense.....

AD is for Adrian "All Day" Peterson and he is not a Patriot.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

The Pats can dump him here and AD can be Underdoggs neighbor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Harley that is funny as hel l!!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

let the jets have him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

To the Raiders, straight up for Bush.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

That would be a great trade Michael Bush for AD.Except I don't think its part of the plan to improve the Raiders for next season,as the Patriots want them to finish dead last next year...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

It's hysterical whenever someone on this board is afraid he will end up with the Jets.
    I personally will drive him down to Jersey, drop him on their doorstep, ring the bell, and run like hell.
    Anyone who fears him in a Jets uni hasn't watched him for the last 3 years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

bn, i don't think it matters that other teams know bb does not like him. he would be a great addition to any team. lots of talent, young enough and probably will be playing with a chip on his shoulder next year. there will be a handful of teams who will bid a trade scenario. if a bidding contest develops then NE should get decent value for him. i just hope they don't get too greedy, because those bids will top out quickly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

I'm right there with you NYJOSEPH, just like with Bledsoe. You know the guy is useless so you let someone you play twice a year have him. You know his weaknesses and exploit them. He can't blitz or seal a corner.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

I wouldn't mind trading him to the jests for vernon gholston.  Bring in this kid with 2 years exp. and let him work his way into lining up next to mayo.  He's not the beast people thought he would be but he's a better value than getting nothing for AD.  Also ryan knows him so he might do it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Trade him to the Jets for their 1st or 2nd round :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

why is nobody talking about Chad Ochocinco?

I believe he is a free agent and reports that I have heard in the past say Belichick likes him....32 Still effective, I'd sign him

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from number1troll. Show number1troll's posts

why would anyone in their right mind trade for him when they know the pats will release him? so ... find someone not in their right mind ... redskins used to be an option, they loved spending $, but don't know if shanahan will continue the tradition. raiders? call in a favor from chiefs or broncos, maybe?

Sections
Shortcuts