FINISHED BUSINESS....BEST MILESTONES REACHED BY PATS ON SUNDAY? ARE WE BETTER THAN '07 FOR PLAYOFFS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: MOST UNFINISHED BUSINESS.... 14 catches and 1000 YARDS FOR WELKER, 1000 YARDS FOR BJE?

Neither, but if I had to pick one I would go with Law Firm.  Welker is established, while Law Firm is creating his nitch (His first milestone as a pro).  But both would raher have rings regardless I think. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: MOST UNFINISHED BUSINESS.... 14 catches and 1000 YARDS FOR WELKER, 1000 YARDS FOR BJE?

In Response to MOST UNFINISHED BUSINESS.... 14 catches and 1000 YARDS FOR WELKER, 1000 YARDS FOR BJE?:
    [QUOTE].... did we not get brady his 50 and randy his 23 in game 16 of 07. u play to win the game and help out the individual if you can while helping the team!

Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

As I recall they needed all of those points to win that particular game. Had zero to do with getting any record.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

If they even throw the ball to Welker in a meaningless game their sking for him to get hurt. I'd be happy if he didn't play at all. Last year against Baltimore would have been different if Welker wasn't hurt. I want to make a dominant playoff run. Our O is something to marvel at. I hope we run the ball all day sunday. Let Taylor play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: MOST UNFINISHED BUSINESS.... 14 catches and 1000 YARDS FOR WELKER, 1000 YARDS FOR BJE?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to MOST UNFINISHED BUSINESS.... 14 catches and 1000 YARDS FOR WELKER, 1000 YARDS FOR BJE? : As I recall they needed all of those points to win that particular game. Had zero to do with getting any record.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Well, it did have to do with one record...... 16-0

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

Who cares?? All I care about is the Lombardi trophy. As for BJE and Welker, a 1000 yards? Big whoop!! 62 yards per game is average.No big deal.
      Pro bowl?? Who cares!! Merriweather making the pro bowl is as much a joke as the game itself. The MVP? Yeah Brady deserves it IMO,but big deal.Only guys on the Ravens,Jets,or Chargers would actually show that trophy off at home.
      Just like TB said,the only award I want is the ring.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: MOST UNFINISHED BUSINESS.... 14 catches and 1000 YARDS FOR WELKER, 1000 YARDS FOR BJE?:
    [QUOTE]If they even throw the ball to Welker in a meaningless game their sking for him to get hurt. I'd be happy if he didn't play at all. Last year against Baltimore would have been different if Welker wasn't hurt. I want to make a dominant playoff run. Our O is something to marvel at. I hope we run the ball all day sunday. Let Taylor play.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

I agree. If they pound it 50 times and loose the game I could care less. Let Taylor get himself back into the flow of the game and hand it off to Benny. The last thing I want to see is one of our passing weapons go down, because our passing game is our bread and butter. I'd also sit any of the guys that are nursing injuries and just practice them hard in the bye week so they don't loose their conditioning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I only chose BJGE because having a RB gain 1,000 or more yards will make an even bigger statement in the playoffs. The Pats haven"t had serious RB for years, not to mention Woodhead's multiple skill set this team has an established running game teams will have to try and stop. Welker has a ridiculous streak going, but he is coming off an injury and was being worked into a new offensive style. Although his role is essentially the same, he has a lot more targets to compete with now. Just my take, BJGE deserves some due credit and 1,000 yards would do that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to MOST UNFINISHED BUSINESS.... 14 catches and 1000 YARDS FOR WELKER, 1000 YARDS FOR BJE?:
    [QUOTE]enough already with all the rest talk. sometimes it is about glorifying the individuals who have sacrificed for the greater good of the team. they may not appreciate it in today but they will in a few years when their legacy is being debated. brady will appreciate he was a 2 time regular season mvp along with his post-season heroics. welker has had 3 straight seasons of 1000 yards and 100 catches. y not try to get the guy a feel-good 14 catches and the 152 yards he need for 100/1000. he has 2 weeks to recuperate. if he gets hurt again, tough.. football playas play on sunday! y not get bje his 1000 yards? he only needs 72 yards... while we are at it, lets give gronk his 10th TD for the rookie record (he already has nine). did we not get brady his 50 and randy his 23 in game 16 of 07. u play to win the game and help out the individual if you can while helping the team!

Koolaid,

You're punch drunk. "If he gets hurt again, tough" is a rather stupid statement on your part and as a Patriot fan I'm suprised others haven't called you out on it. Personal records are not what the game is about. Personal glory is secondary to the accomplishments of the team, that's why Randy Moss was banished. The Lombardi trophy is what it's about, and risking Welker to get a record may risk losing a valuable player come playoff time. I'm not saying don't play these guys, but we needn't over play them for sake of thier accomplishing personal goals.

Hetchinspete !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to MOST UNFINISHED BUSINESS.... 14 catches and 1000 YARDS FOR WELKER, 1000 YARDS FOR BJE? : As I recall they needed all of those points to win that particular game. Had zero to do with getting any record.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]great point.. bottom line is that the belichick way is to try to win every game esp when you have a 2 week bye coming up. i dont want this team losing any games. all games are meaningful..period! we could have laid down like colts but instead we went for the record. same with the giants for also bringing their a-game. pats should play ALL key starters at least 3 quarters. i am saying focus more on welk since he has the record not solely because of it... bottom line if he is catching 14 balls it means we are WINNING! i would feature taylor, bje and morris in the running game and give wood a bit of a break but that's my only concession. i want brady to throw his usual 2 TDs to extend his record in that category and to make sure he includes one to gronk.... bottom line is that all of these things mean we should win the game if done and portends well for the playoffs! want us to take this momentum with us. will keep the defense vamilla and rest wilfork and mccourty but i want the offense out there. perhaps rest branch a bit since he is kinda beat up. i would have price dress for this game perhaps at the expense of wood or in place of hernandez. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Count me among the guys that say individual stats and awards are pretty much meaningless.  To say that the Pats should make a concerted effort to get Welker 14 catches and 152 yds is ridiculous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Agreed.  Too many teenie boppers here playing too much Madden and fantasy football.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

I'm all for resting guys who are hurt, but I think that rookies should play at least 3 quarters of the game.  DMC is only improving with more experience, same with Gronk, Hernandez and all of the other rookies.  Unless they have an injury that would normally keep them out, treat it as business as usual for the rookies.  On a similar note, I wouldn't mind seeing Butler lined up in Arrington's spot at least to start the game.

That being said, I would like to see Price, Tate and Edelman featured in the passing game with Brady at QB for the first half so they can get valuable experience with him throwing the ball.  Second half is when we can see what Hoyer can do.

Give BJGE some much needed rest, but keep Woody involved (I know he's not a rookie, but he might as well be).  Taylor should see as many touches as his toe allows.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

They have a bye week for the first round . That can be their rest. How much do they need ? or how much is prudent to keep the team sharp ?
    The Colts rested a lot last year and it took their "mojo" away.
    Play the starters vs Miami until the win is secured and then empty the bench.
    They are winning because of winning the turnover battle.. Not so much because they are some statistical juggarnaut.
    Don't "cool down" the turnovers machine..you may not get it back.

As Crash Davis would say.."Never F*** with a winning streak".

Not a fan of 2 weeks off.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Both are going to get a shot to break the record because BB is going to play his starters well into the 3rd quarter. These boys already have a BYE week to their name, giving them two weeks is a bad idea. Especially with that young defense back there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Left out Brady....1 TD pass this week gives him at least 1 in every game this season. would be only 7th player in league history to do it....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Let law Firm make a case for 1,000 yds

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Really stupid premise - glorifying personal stats is completely add at odds with NE philosophy.  Treat this like the fourth preseason game - a series or two for the key guys.  Let's see Taylor, Edelman and Price get some touches.  
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]i say play it like a THIRD preseason game. in that u play starters for most of the game looking for sharpness not necessarily a victory.  if firmly ahead to end the third quarter u bring i  the rok sa nd others. no i dont want edelman, price and the like getting balls from brady. want welker getting balls from brady. as for personalizing stats, yep i am sure that his personal greatness never came up in negotiation. of course the team comes first but dont be naive to think that personal numbers are totally irrevelant. i am sure welker and bje have personal stats incentives to be eligible for binuses and the like...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MOST UNFINISHED BUSINESS.... 14 catches and 1000 YARDS FOR WELKER, 1000 YARDS FOR BJE? : If you think BB is going to make decisions based on player's contract incentives, instead of what he thinks is best for the team, you are the naive one.
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]hmmm excuse me.. bak in 2004, he did it with corey dillon! like it or not, it means a lot to the players regardless of what they may say publically and bel knows it! stop with your sweetened kool-aid, bring some adult vodka to this dialogue!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MOST UNFINISHED BUSINESS.... 14 catches and 1000 YARDS FOR WELKER, 1000 YARDS FOR BJE? : hmmm excuse me.. bak in 2004, he did it with corey dillon! like it or not, it means a lot to the players regardless of what they may say publically and bel knows it! stop with your sweetened kool-aid, bring some adult vodka to this dialogue!

Not sure what Corey Dillon had to accomplish to reach his goal. It's realistic to see BJE  going for I believe it's 72 yards to get to 1000, but to expect or to try and get Welker 14 catches is a bit unrealistic and puts him in harms way twice as much as the normal game risking injury going into the playoffs.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I can't believe how many people want the Pats to rest their starters....go root for the Colts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

BB left Brady in some absolute blowouts that season long past the teams need for him to be there.

Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Interest question. Welker dropped a number of balls thrown to him last week . Wonder whether the calls are to run and let BJGE get to 1000 or throw to continue the unintercepted pass attempt record?  But I hope stats and records are secondary to getting everyone some game time and not risk injury to key players.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If any of these two personal accomplishments for BJGE and Welker are to happen, it will be the result of the game plan to win the game, not to give the players these stats.  My guess is the Law Firm has a better chance as targeting Welker enough to get 14 catches is a lot to ask and Brady likes to spread it around.  Forcing a pass or two to Welker may also cause an errant throw and there goes the No-INT streak, right?