Finnegan and Jenkins have Helped Make Rams Defense #13 in defense.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Finnegan and Jenkins have Helped Make Rams Defense #13 in defense.

wise moves by fisher paying dividends.

hope dennard and talib are studs for us in the future. it would really shore up our de.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Finnegan and Jenkins have Helped Make Rams Defense #13 in defense.

has anyone noticed?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Yep, two guys you named would make impacts from Day 1, you called it. BB passed on them in FA and Draft. Good call by you!  (Dennard has to be steal of the draft.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep, two guys you named would make impacts from Day 1, you called it. BB passed on them in FA and Draft. Good call by you!  (Dennard has to be steal of the draft.)

[/QUOTE]
    hey jj,
    dennard is def one of the steals agreed. he needs to continue to improve. (he will really be a steal, and more importanlty we will have 1 side locked down.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I was wondering when you were going to start pounding your chest over your boy, JJ, again, bredbru

Three TDs in the last two weeks, including that spectacular dive and roll fumble recovery on Sunday

Hell of an athletic play

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was wondering when you were going to start pounding your chest over your boy, JJ, again, bredbru

Three TDs in the last two weeks, including that spectacular dive and roll fumble recovery on Sunday

Hell of an athletic play

[/QUOTE]

was a great play. post was really about rams makign it to 13 from "40th" last year....(dsiplaying what those two aquisitions did to the d)

but whatever take works for you of course.

if we are in chest pounding light, add finnegan who i (and rame) wanted in fa.

:)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Just joking with you

I know you were very vocal about him pre-draft

The kid can definitely play

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just joking with you

I know you were very vocal about him pre-draft

The kid can definitely play

[/QUOTE]

hear ya. 

thanks for the rib. so much antipithy on this board, hard to tell good natured ribs (esp ovr the net).

:)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Russell Wilson may be the steal of the draft...considering how hard it is to get a solid QB in the first two rounds, let alone the third.

Alfred Morris is also up there. He's helped a bit by RGIII, but he's still looked pretty good.

Dennard is solid. Don't know if we can classify him as the steal of the draft...but I've liked what I've seen so far

Legatron has been good too

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

13th ranked defense? Is that good? Seems mediocre to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

13th ranked defense? Is that good? Seems mediocre to me.

[/QUOTE]

do you know how bad they were last year?

do you know we are 28th?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Russell Wilson may be the steal of the draft...considering how hard it is to get a solid QB in the first two rounds, let alone the third.

Alfred Morris is also up there. He's helped a bit by RGIII, but he's still looked pretty good.

Dennard is solid. Don't know if we can classify him as the steal of the draft...but I've liked what I've seen so far

Legatron has been good too

[/QUOTE]

"Russell Wilson may be the steal of the draft...considering how hard it is to get a solid QB in the first two rounds, let alone the third."

you are seeign my wilson thread are you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

didnt we put like 60 points on them?????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sam0377's comment:
    [QUOTE]

didnt we put like 60 points on them?????

[/QUOTE]

and we should with the wepaoons we have. they arent sf or the giants (they are 13th)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Finnegan and Talib are a wash overall IMO, as long as the Pats don't lose on the road in the playoffs which can be blamed directly on losses early in the year and a bad secondary at the time. 

If Talib keeps playing this way and has no character issues, and with his track record as an elite talent, he will earn himself 4-5 years and 30-40 million. Considering how badly we could have used him games 1-10, it makes sense to want Finnegan at 5/50 and have been here all season than have Talib for the last 6 games and playoffs and maybe pay him 4/30 at the end of the year.

But if the two would be doing the same things for us when it counts and Talib costs 10+ million less to have the next 4 years then its a superior move. We'll wait and see. Finnegan wanted to play for his old coach anyhow, flew there immediately when FA started.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Finnegan and Talib are a wash overall IMO, as long as the Pats don't lose on the road in the playoffs which can be blamed directly on losses early in the year and a bad secondary at the time. 

If Talib keeps playing this way and has no character issues, and with his track record as an elite talent, he will earn himself 4-5 years and 30-40 million. Considering how badly we could have used him games 1-10, it makes sense to want Finnegan at 5/50 and have been here all season than have Talib for the last 6 games and playoffs and maybe pay him 4/30 at the end of the year.

But if the two would be doing the same things for us when it counts and Talib costs 10+ million less to have the next 4 years then its a superior move. We'll wait and see. Finnegan wanted to play for his old coach anyhow, flew there immediately when FA started.

[/QUOTE]

rame you are one of my favorite people here to speak/write with. smart, great conversation and fun memes you bring up. no emotional issues getting in the way here on the board.

yes if we keep talb going forward, and he plays well, im happy

re finnegan, yeah he wanted to followhios coach. but if given a call at the same time, and an opp to play 5 years for a perrenial super bowl team.... id belive most would lean toward "i love you coach, but i gotta do whats best for my "family" (read career). further i dont think 50 mil is guaranteed.

thought of you today. glad you logged in.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jenkins is a non-issue, he went #39, Pats next picked at #48. We traded up twice already and weren't about to do it again. We weren't going to reach for him at 31 either and pass on Hightower, who would be a Raven right now if we did, I think everyone prefers Hightower to Jenkins.

There should only be 2 complaints about last years draft:

1. The Tavon Wilson pick should have been Kendell Reyes, Devon Still or Jerel Worthy... all guys who could play inside or out in the D line and would have provided some punch now and been real serious future building blocks on that front 7 as Vince ages.

2. Trading pick 62 to Green Bay for a 3rd and 5th was TERRIBLE value and the guy picked there in Casey Hayward, is a VERY good CB. Bequette wasn't needed with Nink, Cunningham, Scott, Jones and Hightower all here. 

With Dennard and Hayward on the team, and Wilson and Ebner off it, you can probably keep McCourty at safety from day 1. Or maybe bring in a guy like Jeremiah Bell in addition to Gregory. Still make the Talib trade off course.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

rame you are one of my favorite people here to speak/write with. smart, great conversation and fun memes you bring up. no emotional issues getting in the way here on the board.

yes if we keep talb going forward, and he plays well, im happy

re finnegan, yeah he wanted to followhios coach. but if given a call at the same time, and an opp to play 5 years for a perrenial super bowl team.... id belive most would lean toward "i love you coach, but i gotta do whats best for my "family" (read career). further i dont think 50 mil is guaranteed.

thought of you today. glad you logged in.

[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks buddy right back at ya!

I'd hope Finnegan would give Bb the same respect as ringless Fisher, even if he does rock that great 'stache, but the guy was on that plane to St Louis at midnight.

I'm sure only like 20-30 of that 50 is guaranteed.... but only like 15-20 of Talib's deal would be as well so the comparison still holds up.

Keep up the good work! Hindsight is 20-20 even if anyone would have made those different draft calls (a DT and a CB in rd 2 over Wilson and Bequette) the day of. Obviously pumped with the way the team looks now and I gotta root for the guys we got!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Jenkins is a non-issue, he went #39, Pats next picked at #48. We traded up twice already and weren't about to do it again. We weren't going to reach for him at 31 either and pass on Hightower, who would be a Raven right now if we did, I think everyone prefers Hightower to Jenkins.

There should only be 2 complaints about last years draft:

1. The Tavon Wilson pick should have been Kendell Reyes, Devon Still or Jerel Worthy... all guys who could play inside or out in the D line and would have provided some punch now and been real serious future building blocks on that front 7 as Vince ages.

2. Trading pick 62 to Green Bay for a 3rd and 5th was TERRIBLE value and the guy picked there in Casey Hayward, is a VERY good CB. Bequette wasn't needed with Nink, Cunningham, Scott, Jones and Hightower all here. 

With Dennard and Hayward on the team, and Wilson and Ebner off it, you can probably keep McCourty at safety from day 1. Or maybe bring in a guy like Jeremiah Bell in addition to Gregory. Still make the Talib trade off course.

[/QUOTE]

"Jenkins is a non-issue, he went #39, Pats next picked at #48. We traded up twice already and weren't about to do it again. We weren't going to reach for him at 31 either and pass on Hightower, who would be a Raven right now if we did, I think everyone prefers Hightower to Jenkins."

excuse me, no its not hightower for jenkins.

its jenkins for the rest of our draft (and maybe a pick from 13 or 14).

(by the way j jenkins has 3 tds the last 2 weeks)

trading up after the hightowewr pick. yes again. 

same strategy for this year. few picks (dt, de, c/g), need game changer in 3 positions and some fa's ie safety, tackle if we let vollmer "back" go, separatign outside  wr. i adovate moving up with 14 picks. we are very very young, we dont need volume jags, but 3 key pieces. have you read my draft thread posts?

re:

"With Dennard and Hayward on the team, and Wilson and Ebner off it, you can probably keep McCourty at safety from day 1. Or maybe bring in a guy like Jeremiah Bell in addition to Gregory. Still make the Talib trade off course."

no problem with that strategy either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well when Jenkins was lingering in the mid 30's we had picks 48 and 62 and then 6th and 7th round picks, didn't have much of a draft left..

Likely would have meant packaging both 2nd rounders and maybe getting back a 4th rounder around 100 as far as the value chart goes. Sure if thats your guy then it makes sense I won't argue with you there, he is electric. 

Hayward has 5 INT's and was the guy at pick 62 that we traded away and those three DT's have all been solid for rookies and had moments where they flashed some scary talent when it comes to how they will look in 1-2 years... so its hard to say either way, you can make an argument for both. But there was little front 7 talent in this draft after the 3rd round.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

and again, its all hindsight 20-20. Take me back to 2011, where drafting Akeem Ayers or Brooks Reed over Glass-I and Justin Houston over Vareen made all the sense in the world.

Cullen Jenkins made WAY more sense than Fat Albert.

Dashon Goldson should never have been allowed to fly back to SF after his free agency visit here (when we'd just cut Merri/Sanders) and when Lloyd went on the block in the middle of last season and Ocho was clearly not getting it we could have trumped the Rams 5th rd pick with a 4th of our own.

Think we'd have won the SB with those rather simple and obvious moves?

And pick 32 could have been Jenkins... no need for Hightower when you have Houston.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Well when Jenkins was lingering in the mid 30's we had picks 48 and 62 and then 6th and 7th round picks, didn't have much of a draft left..

Likely would have meant packaging both 2nd rounders and maybe getting back a 4th rounder around 100 as far as the value chart goes. Sure if thats your guy then it makes sense I won't argue with you there, he is electric. 

Hayward has 5 INT's and was the guy at pick 62 that we traded away and those three DT's have all been solid for rookies and had moments where they flashed some scary talent when it comes to how they will look in 1-2 years... so its hard to say either way, you can make an argument for both. But there was little front 7 talent in this draft after the 3rd round.

[/QUOTE]

point. 

and also point on hayward...howeva if you think bb was going to pick the best cb value (in the 2nd rd) outside of the obvious j jenkins, id say the chances of that were pretty low.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

and again, its all hindsight 20-20. Take me back to 2011, where drafting Akeem Ayers or Brooks Reed over Glass-I and Justin Houston over Vareen made all the sense in the world.

Cullen Jenkins made WAY more sense than Fat Albert.

Dashon Goldson should never have been allowed to fly back to SF after his free agency visit here (when we'd just cut Merri/Sanders) and when Lloyd went on the block in the middle of last season and Ocho was clearly not getting it we could have trumped the Rams 5th rd pick with a 4th of our own.

Think we'd have won the SB with those rather simple and obvious moves?

And pick 32 could have been Jenkins... no need for Hightower when you have Houston.

[/QUOTE]

that goldson thing sticks in the craw.

yeah, hindsight is so much fun as a what if......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I remember the first time I got my 13th place ribbon.  My mom was so proud

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts