Fire Bill O'Brien!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Fire Bill O'Brien!

Bill O'Brien has shown the world that he is a complete moron.  And a Moron should not be the offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots!

My reasons:

1. Sticking up for T. Underwood over Brady.  If Bill isn't smart enough to tell the difference between a Hall of fame QB and a scrub like Underwood, he's a moron.

2.  Understanding that Brady has taken the Pats to four superbowls with two other offensive coordinators before his dumb a** cam to New England.

3. The fact that The Pats would not lose a step if Bill O'Brien was here or not, but would be one of the worst teams in the NFL if Brady were not.

So fire Bill O'Brien and get a real offensive coordinator, this guy is way too stupid.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnNH3. Show JohnNH3's posts

Re: Fire Bill O'Brien!

Well, not sure I agree with all your points, but I do think O'Brien should be ashamed of his conduct - he's the one that had to be "restrained", acting all touch, ripping off his headset. He's the coach for heavens sake - act like a professional.  Brady actually looked pretty calm , remained seating, etc. Just saying a few choice words!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wouldn't surprise me once O'Brien sees the tape, he will see what Brady was screaming about, that being Underwood was open and simply made no play to "GET" the ball.  We have seen Brady make those throws and the receiver gets it.  Now, could Brady have not tried to fit that pass into a tight spot, certainly, but, at the time he let the pass go Underwood was clearly open and the defender made a great play to reach up and snag it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

You throw a pick you should get yelled at. As far as not just running the ball and making it a 2 possession game at that point. Yeah. Fire him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Bill O'Brien!:
    I am not a fan, but I actally like how he stood up to Brady just like how I liked when he did it last year to Moss. WHo knows what Brady was saying, but when the ball is late or behind a WR's route, that's not on the WR.  I've seen that  at l;east a dozen times this year.  So, good for O'Brien for not letting Brady talk down to Underwood after just a Tony Romoesque boneheaded play. Love Brady, but come on now. What's frustrating is, we've seen OB be capable, but there are stretches where he looks like he's randomly picking plays, with no real sense of logic or strategy where the plays actually set up more potential for various plays later on.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

Yes, that is a head scratcher.  The Pats O will be rolling along and, out of nowhere, the play calling veers from what is working.  Not because the opponents D made any adjustments, but, out of nowhere!  Is he trying to catch them off guard? Who knows.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

1) Brady was out of line and needed to be put in his place. You can't and shouldn't yell at the #4 WR when you make a bad decision and then make a bad throw on top of it. He also shouldn't be yelling at his coach. That's something you do behind close doors not on the field

Actually I think Brady blowing up shows that he has zero respect for OB which is a good reason to fire OB

2) Yes Brady get them to SB's but what's the Patriot way? No player is bigger then the team. Brady made the mistake and should be called out for it

3) You don't know that but I agree with this statement

If you want to argue OB doesn't know how to play call then that's a great reason. It's obvious to almost everyone that on that drive he should have ran it all 3 times and at worst kicked the FG killing the clock. Why pass it twice to stop the clock when you could make it a 2 score game? That's not to mention the sweep call using BJGE. You have a power back you have him run right behind your high priced G not a sweep.

You can also cite that the players don't have any respect for him (See Brady yelling at him on the field)

Then you can add to that the complete lack of player development. If you are the OC it's your job to make sure young players get in game reps and experience when you can put them in. Since OB has taken over the team player development has gone down from Tate, Price, and even this year with Ridley and Vereen.

There are plenty of things you can fire OB over but because your QB made a mistake and was called out because he was trying to deflect blame for a poor decision and a poor throw?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Megatron would have caught that ball

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Run the ball... kill clock, and take 3 points....

Fire TB if you wanna fire anyone, but that's obviously stupid as well... almost as much as this thread, for this event does not influence O'briens time here in NE.  There are other areas to pick at if you don't want him as OC anymore.

I'm not a huge O'brien, but he's right to question TB. 

What the question here is:

Did O'brien call a run play and TB audibled to a pass?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

1) Brady was out of line and needed to be put in his place...... You can also cite that the players don't have any respect for him (See Brady yelling at him on the field) ..... was called out because he was trying to deflect blame for a poor decision and a poor throw?
    Posted by PatsEng

#1 - I do not think there is a lack of respect.  I believe O'Brien went after Brady for having tossed the pass into coverage and Brady kept saying.. " he was OPEN"  and went after Underwood for not making a better play for the ball.
    #2 - It is a bad decision, if the player was not open at all and Brady still threw the ball.  You can see in the replays Underwood was ahead of the receiver, he was open at the time Brady let the pass go.  The defender simply made the better play.  There are times a defender can make a play, too, but, Underwood didn't help the situation much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Run the ball... kill clock, and take 3 points.... Fire TB if you wanna fire anyone, but that's obviously stupid as well... almost as much as this thread, for this event does not influence O'briens time here in NE.  There are other areas to pick at if you don't want him as OC anymore. I'm not a huge O'brien, but he's right to question TB.  What the question here is: Did O'brien call a run play and TB audibled to a pass?
    Posted by Getzo

Any offensive Coordinator with half a brain would ride on Brady's coat tail.  Just like Weis and McDaniels did.  But O'Brien isn't smart enough for that.  He and Underwood should just hit the road and shop their talents arount the NFL and see who's interested, my guess is zero.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Bill O'Brien! : #1 - I do not think there is a lack of respect.  I believe O'Brien went after Brady for having tossed the pass into coverage and Brady kept saying.. " he was OPEN"  and went after Underwood for not making a better play for the ball. #2 - It is a bad decision, if the player was not open at all and Brady still threw the ball.  You can see in the replays Underwood was ahead of the receiver, he was open at the time Brady let the pass go.  The defender simply made the better play.  There are times a defender can make a play, too, but, Underwood didn't help the situation much.
    Posted by agcsbill

I've watched the play a number of times now. Underwood was never open. His jersey was held but he was covered pretty well. I'm not sure what Brady was seeing but almost everyone saw Underwood was not open. Even still it was a bad throw from Brady. Infront of Underwood maybe he catches but the defend wouldn't have been able to undercut for the int. The ball was towards Underwoods back shoulder and soft which gave the defender a chance to make a play

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

he did the right thing by letting brady have it yesterday but he still should be fired for being a bad coordinator. his play calling is atrocious. they would have beat the bills and the giants if not for his inept play calling. yesterday was a perfect example, they are well within easy fg range on 3rd and 2 and he calls a pass that we know what happened from there. 

he wont be fired though, not at least this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

That was my question and tied to Shizzly and my (amongst others) who are realiZing that maybe this passing obsession is Brady and not O:Brien this whole time. Why isn't Brady seeing man, flooding of the field, etc? Why do we see it and he doesn't? Wy does he a feel a shotgun spread on 3rd and 2 or from the 4 yard line to seal a game is a good idea? Which would then lead one to believe, Brady tossed a pick, over-ruled O'brien and then O'Brien reminded him it eas a bad pass and that lecturing Kid N Play is not really the source of the problem there.

yeah that could very well be and if so its a big problem.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Put yourself in O'Brien's shoes for a minute. A TD or a field goal seals the game. You try to get a TD first and throwing the ball gives you your best chance to get that. Under no circumstances do you risk a turnover in that situation. Then, Brady throws the INT. How would you react?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

he did the right thing by letting brady have it yesterday but he still should be fired for being a bad coordinator. his play calling is atrocious. they would have beat the bills and the giants if not for his inept play calling. yesterday was a perfect example, they are well within easy fg range on 3rd and 2 and he calls a pass that we know what happened from there.  he wont be fired though, not at least this year.
    Posted by kjfiton

The right thing would be to come up with a better offensive game plan.  But O'Brien isn't smart enough for that.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Run the ball... kill clock, and take 3 points.... Fire TB if you wanna fire anyone, but that's obviously stupid as well... almost as much as this thread, for this event does not influence O'briens time here in NE.  There are other areas to pick at if you don't want him as OC anymore. I'm not a huge O'brien, but he's right to question TB.  What the question here is: Did O'brien call a run play and TB audibled to a pass?
    Posted by Getzo

No, he's not right to question Brady.  Bill O'Brien is lucky too be a coach in the NFL.  This isn't just about the one play, this is about what kind of logic O'Brien uses to be arguing with his star player that could win plenty of games without him.  O'Brien is just not a smart guy, he right now he's the offensive coordinator for the Pats.  I understand completely why the Pats got knock off last season against the Jets in the playoffs.  It's a lack of qualified assistant coaches.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

1) Brady was out of line and needed to be put in his place. You can't and shouldn't yell at the #4 WR when you make a bad decision and then make a bad throw on top of it. He also shouldn't be yelling at his coach. That's something you do behind close doors not on the field Actually I think Brady blowing up shows that he has zero respect for OB which is a good reason to fire OB 2) Yes Brady get them to SB's but what's the Patriot way? No player is bigger then the team. Brady made the mistake and should be called out for it 3) You don't know that but I agree with this statement If you want to argue OB doesn't know how to play call then that's a great reason. It's obvious to almost everyone that on that drive he should have ran it all 3 times and at worst kicked the FG killing the clock. Why pass it twice to stop the clock when you could make it a 2 score game? That's not to mention the sweep call using BJGE. You have a power back you have him run right behind your high priced G not a sweep. You can also cite that the players don't have any respect for him (See Brady yelling at him on the field) Then you can add to that the complete lack of player development. If you are the OC it's your job to make sure young players get in game reps and experience when you can put them in. Since OB has taken over the team player development has gone down from Tate, Price, and even this year with Ridley and Vereen. There are plenty of things you can fire OB over but because your QB made a mistake and was called out because he was trying to deflect blame for a poor decision and a poor throw?
    Posted by PatsEng

+1 !!!!!

O'Brien yelling at his player (!) is the least of the concerns here. It's great fodder for the media, but that is what happens and what should happen.

Do people really want a team where a coach can't discipline a player?

That's Minnesota with Brett Favre ... I don't want that. And neither does Brady. 

O'Brien gets his own +1 for saying whatever he said. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Bill O'Brien! : Of course he wasn't open. Many of the INTs Brady has thrown this year are right at defenders. This is the concern, Why is he convinced they're open when they are clearly not? Also, why are we throwing so much?

I guess we can blame O'Brien for this one, huh?  If the alternative is more run, then shouldn't the Pats show an ability to run the ball?  On the occasion a run play is called, more times then not, it is stuffed.  Has to O-line forgotten how to run block, perchance?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

King your still reaching on the Brady ego/bad play thing. Brady is the QB, he is not the coach. He is told what plays to run and what plays to check into if certain coverages are there. BB is developing the game plan each week and it is clear that he thinks the best option is to pass, pass, pass. Otherwise it WOULDN'T BE HAPPENING. You don't undermine BB.

I watched the play again, and we see OB calling in the 1st play to Brady at the 7:20 mark a sweep to Wood, then we huddle and throw on 2nd, no audible(that was the call) then we huddle and go spread again and throw the int, no audible again.

The calls come in from the coaches. THEY wanted to throw it. It is our new philosophy. Not Brady's frigging ego. The guy wants to win and yeah probably wants to throw since he is a QB, but he IS NOT THE COACH. This comes from BB and OB. They feel it gives them the best chance to win.

You and I don't agree with it but it is what it is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

O'Brien was wrong to go after him like that on the sideline, it just leads to idiotic arguments like this one. BB preaches that everything should be handled internally, OB should have waited until they were in the locker room, and you can bet he heard about it from Belichik,

Sections
Shortcuts