Fire Bill O'Brien!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Fire Bill O'Brien!

In Response to Re: Fire Bill O'Brien!:
    Sorry, but I am still chuckling at the last ditch desperation comments of the "WR didn't do enough to prevent the INT" people. UNBELIEVABLE. The same thing happened in Buffalo.  Or at many other times this year. Ochocinco is running a deep slant with no Safety in front of him. If Brady leads him, he's gone.  Same deal with Underwood in Philly! The ball was BEHIND the WR< to the point they have to slow up to adjust and by that time the defender is in perfect position due to where the ball is thrown! Has anyone ever played football before? There is too much air under the ball and it's not thrown well! Wake up! JESUS H. CHRIST Could it be the balls were poorly thrown????! We've only seen it all year, kids?! Stop being such Brady apologists!  It's ridiculous.  Do I really need to make a rolling list of missed opporutnities to WIDE OPEN receivers that Brady missed this year? Do I??? I've mentioned some in some threads, but if I really need to make the list, I will. ENOUGH Call it what it is and move on!  A poorly thrown ball or a poor decision is JUST THAT. UGH.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

Good thing I'm here to explain the game for you Spinboy.

You see, when your the receiver, and the ball is up for grabs, you fight for it. That's how football is played. Glad I could help.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So, when you pull back to play the ball that is BEHIND you in your pattern, and the good underneath coverage has you blocked, you expect a miracle and somehow Underwood to morph into someone from the Matrix or the Terminator, and run through JOsh Wilson's body, huh? Wonder twin powers activate! Aren't you a logical and reasonable individual. lol
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

You should look at the play again Spinboy. Both the receiver and the DB leave their feet to leap to the ball moving horizontally.

Actually Underwood jumps first and just miscalculates where the DB is and the guy takes it from him without as much as a whimper. He had every opportunity to come to the ball before he jumped and at least could have broken it up. He could have just grabbed the DB before he jumped and took the penalty and we then could still kick a FG.

You and Underwood need to learn the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Agree 110%.  Tom Brady is the MVP of the Pats team and the NFL.  He is the leader of the team so his voice need to be hear by his teammates.  O'Brien should know about this situation if he wants to be an assistant coach in the NFL. 
    In Response to Fire Bill O'Brien!:
     Bill O'Brien has shown the world that he is a complete moron.  And a Moron should not be the offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots! My reasons: 1. Sticking up for T. Underwood over Brady.  If Bill isn't smart enough to tell the difference between a Hall of fame QB and a scrub like Underwood, he's a moron. 2.  Understanding that Brady has taken the Pats to four superbowls with two other offensive coordinators before his dumb a** cam to New England. 3. The fact that The Pats would not lose a step if Bill O'Brien was here or not, but would be one of the worst teams in the NFL if Brady were not. So fire Bill O'Brien and get a real offensive coordinator, this guy is way too stupid.
    Posted by Grogan77

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Bill O'Brien! : You should look at the play again Spinboy. Both the receiver and the DB leave their feet to leap to the ball moving horizontally. Actually Underwood jumps first and just miscalculates where the DB is and the guy takes it from him without as much as a whimper. He had every opportunity to come to the ball before he jumped and at least could have broken it up. He could have just grabbed the DB before he jumped and took the penalty and we then could still kick a FG. You and Underwood need to learn the game.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Uhhh..."spin"-meister was a case of poetic license.  You know?  I don't think you are stupid, so I don't think I have to be so literal.

Babe, it is clear that Rusty knows a heck of a lot more about football than you.  Really, he knows more than most of us here.   I haven't always agreed with him all the time, but he has been pretty rock solid all this season.

In this case, you are completely missing two key points germane to this thread:

1) Brady should never have thrown that pass, regardless of Underwood's less-than-stellar attempt to fight for the ball.  It was a really, really bad pass in every regard.  I am not going to repeat here why, step-by-step.

2) It was Brady that unleashed a torrent of bile at OB first, when it appeared that all OB first said to Brady was to lay-off Underwood, "It was your bad pass." OB was not hot at that point.  Suddenly, Brady responds with a torrent of swearing and screaming.  Thus OB then responded to Brady in kind, and when Brady persisted, OB took it to another level. 

I've seen a lot of fights in clubs in Providence and Gainesville.  Hundreds. One thing I have noticed is that the way the person intervening intervenes bears no determination of who was the offending party of the combatants, so drop the "Hoyer had to block OB = OB was wrong" argument.  It has no basis in fact.  Just your opinion and nothing more.  

A lot of times, the person more inflamed has a better reason to be more inflamed, and I think this was a case of that, IMO.  Without audio, you, me, Rusty, whoever - we don't really know.  But stop changing the facts of what happened to fit your argument.  That is classic "spin".

Sections
Shortcuts