first class organization. second class decision

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

first class organization. second class decision

was at the game Thursday night and had a chance to catch up to the TV broadcast this morning.
    I have to say, I admire 98% of the decisions made by Kraft and Pats management with regards to the fans. Stadium is first class all the way. Patriot Place is a lot of fun. Even in and out of parking, and stadium security is first rate.
    The fans deserve it. They have live and die for the team, are a very knowledgeable group and based on the cost of tickets (especially preseason) should get first class all the way.
    What I don't understand is the decision Pats management made for the preseason broadcast team? Criqui and Cross are horrible. In general, they are horrible announcers and worse together. They are ill prepared, do not know the players and mis pronounce the names. To make matters worse, they have had 17 years to get it correct! (Criqui has been at the Pats preseason helm for that long!) 
    I say it is laziness. Pats fans deserve better. Surely some one local would do a better job. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: first class organization. second class decision

Yeah, they are pretty damn terrible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Do you really think the choice of announcers is a matter of class? And isn't the choice of personnel up to the company that broadcasts the event rather than the team? And, it's pre-season, so who really cares.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The networks choose the announcers, not the teams.  It was a nice rant though, and would have been even better if it were true Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I'm sure Kraft would have input on the announcers since the broadcast is generally a Pats ball washing session.

I have trouble thinking of ways the announcing could be worst. They don't know Jerod (not Gerard...he's not a freaking rookie FA!) Mayo's name, call Matt Light Todd Light, and in general don't really call the game accurately. For instance:

-They said Albert Haynesworth played the entire first half.
    -Crique thougth a FG attempt that missed by over 20 yards was good.
    -They don't understand the difference btw a 3-4 and 4-3.

I wonder if they even prepare for these games. I'd be embarrassed to be so bad at my profession.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Have you listened to some of the announcers doing the other games?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

The same can be said about the broadcast guys for the seahawks game on TV here.... it was bad and they couldn't ever call the stats from the game they are watching right... one guy would say something wrong and the other guy would just go with it.... I can't wait for the season to start.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: first class organization. second class decision:
    The networks choose the announcers, not the teams.  It was a nice rant though, and would have been even better if it were true 
    Posted by carawaydj

The preseason games are a Patriots production. The networks have nothing to do with it. Criqui was hand picked by Kraft to be the voice of the preseason games 17 years ago, and he has been allowed to keep that spot as he has grown stale and lazy.
    As someone who takes interest in the preseason games, enjoying the decisons of the last 10-12 roster spots, I find the lame announcing distracting. As a fan, I think we deserve better. As a person in the media end of the business, I am embarrassed by the laziness of the current personel, which also extends beyond the booth.
    As true workaholics and professionals such as Suzy Kolber get unfair criticism for their sideline work, what is labeled sideline reporting at these preseason games is a joke.
    Knowing other decisions that Pats management has made, the preseason broadcast is the 100% complete opposite of most every decision and endeavor they have tackled.
    Just one guys opinion....and for what it is worth I have personally chided media writers for the free pass given their bretheren (hello CHad)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: first class organization. second class decision:
    In Response to Re: first class organization. second class decision : The preseason games are a Patriots production. The networks have nothing to do with it. Criqui was hand picked by Kraft to be the voice of the preseason games 17 years ago, and he has been allowed to keep that spot as he has grown stale and lazy. As someone who takes interest in the preseason games, enjoying the decisons of the last 10-12 roster spots, I find the lame announcing distracting. As a fan, I think we deserve better. As a person in the media end of the business, I am embarrassed by the laziness of the current personel, which also extends beyond the booth. As true workaholics and professionals such as Suzy Kolber get unfair criticism for their sideline work, what is labeled sideline reporting at these preseason games is a joke. Knowing other decisions that Pats management has made, the preseason broadcast is the 100% complete opposite of most every decision and endeavor they have tackled. Just one guys opinion....and for what it is worth I have personally chided media writers for the free pass given their bretheren (hello CHad)
    Posted by rkarp

I see your point. Not at the top of my list , probably not yours either , but your right. They are terrible. It bothers me when grown men take no pride in what they do. You know some are probably half in the bag before the game. People give these guys too much credit , in terms of how knowledgeable they are. Guys like Cross and Millen might have been good as players. They are absolutely terrible analyst , gm/analyst in the case of Millen.

Sections
Shortcuts