First Dillon, then Moss; and now, HAYNESWORTH!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

First Dillon, then Moss; and now, HAYNESWORTH!

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/09/haynesworth_kno.html

Read his comments. I have the utmost confidence in this guy. He's going to be a terror this year and earn his bigger payday next year. I'm telling you, this guy's retiring a Patriot. I see him being a huge part (literally and figuratively) of the next generation Patriots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

Re: First Dillon, then Moss; and now, HAYNESWORTH!

I was only able to watch the end of the game, how did he look?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

He played like 15-16 snaps. Something like that. On the first play he pushed his man right into David Carr. Carr still got off a pretty good throw but the receiver fumbled and Chung brought it back to the Giants 1-yard line. I wouldn't say he caused that fumble obviously but it was nice to see him completely manhandle his guy and later, have his defense behind him cause a turnover.

He played for five straight snaps in one stretch and looked winded so he's clearly not in game-time condition yet. It'll come.

Ellis also got a sack as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Truly great move by BB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

More from Haynesworth:

When it was noted he earned a handsome payday for his time -- as turbulent as it was -- with the Redskins, Haynesworth added, "You know what, when all is said and done, hell, I’d give that money back and I’d come here."

"Everybody is here for you," Haynesworth said when a reporter noted he seemed relaxed while addressing the media for only the second time since arriving. "I really enjoy that. I know my head coach is for me. I know my owner is for me. I know my players are for me. I feel relaxed, I’m having fun again. I’m having fun playing football again."

Haynesworth showed he's a fast learner. When a reporter tried to get him to state why he hadn't been on the field for much of training camp, Haynesworth smiled and noted, "I know I haven't been here that long, but you gotta talk to coach," which elicited laughter from the media horde.

Haynesworth went as far as to suggest this would be the last stop on his football journey.

"If, God forbid, I get cut from this team, I know I can go out there and play for another team, but I feel like this is going to my last place I’m going to play," he said. "If it doesn’t work out here, I'm not going to play anywhere else."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'm assuming he's much further ahead in our system than anyone could have thought. At least that's what I get out of the "I know I haven't been here that long, but you gotta talk to coach" response.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

AP, I just finished reading the article and was coming here to post it. All I can say is...wow. I can't wait to see this line in action during the regular season.

The haters will keep on hating, but I see a guy who's already made more money than he'll ever need, who realizes the 2nd chance that he has gotten here, and knows that he will not find a better situation anywhere else. A guy who's playing for his teammates, coach, owner, and organization (because of what they've done for him), and for his love of the game, which he lost in D.C., and NOT for his paycheck.

I had to watch the game online with the Giants announcers, who were saying during the game that they weren't sure if Albert was even going to make the team. LOL!

And don't think that other soon to be free agents haven't made note of the comments that both Ochocinco and Haynesworth have made about the organization.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: First Dillon, then Moss; and now, HAYNESWORTH!:
    AP, I just finished reading the article and was coming here to post it. All I can say is...wow. I can't wait to see this line in action during the regular season. The haters will keep on hating, but I see a guy who's already made more money than he'll ever need, who realizes the 2nd chance that he has gotten here, and knows that he will not find a better situation anywhere else. A guy who's playing for his teammates, coach, owner, and organization (because of what they've done for him), and for his love of the game, which he lost in D.C., and NOT for his paycheck. I had to watch the game online with the Giants announcers, who were saying during the game that they weren't sure if Albert was even going to make the team. LOL! And don't think that other soon to be free agents haven't made note of the comments that both Ochocinco and Haynesworth have made about the organization.
    Posted by tmot1234

I listened to the Giants broadcast too! Those guys were basically WISHING we cut Haynesworth and I found that funny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

Sweet! Thanks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to First Dillon, then Moss; and now, HAYNESWORTH!:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/09/haynesworth_kno.html Read his comments. I have the utmost confidence in this guy. He's going to be a terror this year and earn his bigger payday next year. I'm telling you, this guy's retiring a Patriot. I see him being a huge part (literally and figuratively) of the next generation Patriots.
    Posted by apdynasty23

just keep him healthy, keep up his conditioning....and it will be a fun season to watch.Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Everyone of these guys (including Carter) who've made their way to Foxboro later in their careers all think they've died and went to heaven.

Albert looks to be motivated and grounded in the reality that this may be his last shot at career redemption. If he's smart, we could all be very surprised at his level of play. But then Albert has never been confused with a Rhodes scholar.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

albert jsut has to do a lot of work to get in shape.
    really shouldve done the work on this in the preseason.
    that being said he looks and sounds motivated.
    conditioning, conditioning, conditioning

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i love this passage " “If I choose to go out there and play, like if God forbid, I got cut from this team, yeah, I know I can go out there and play for another team, but I feel like this is going to be the last place I want to play. If it doesn’t work out here, then I’m not going to play anywhere else.”"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Didn't see the game. Wasn't broadcast where I live. Wanted to get a look at the defensive starters, especially Albert. Reports sound encouraging. Excited to see him with the Pats. I think he'll do fine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Didn't see the game. Wasn't broadcast where I live. Wanted to get a look at the defensive starters, especially Albert. Reports sound encouraging. Excited to see him with the Pats. I think he'll do fine.
    Posted by antibody

I thought he looked pretty good considering he hasn't played since last November. He got a good push on most plays, was doubled a lot after a good early start and made a really nice play on the ball carrier - where he just tossed his guy aside and exploded down the line to wrap the guy up. Hard to imagine he'll be as good as he was in Tennessee, but he should be a big help.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: First Dillon, then Moss; and now, HAYNESWORTH! : I thought he looked pretty good considering he hasn't played since last November. He got a good push on most plays, was doubled a lot after a good early start and made a really nice play on the ball carrier - where he just tossed his guy aside and exploded down the line to wrap the guy up. Hard to imagine he'll be as good as he was in Tennessee, but he should be a big help.
    Posted by mthurl

Thanks. Sounds like the biggest concern right now is his stamina. That should improve with playing time. There seems to be more depth on the D line with Ellis and Carter. That should help. Unit is much improved. really loloking forward to this season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

One preseason game...ONE! and you put him in that group.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Oh, cool it dude. Preseason or not, you don't HEAR Haynesworth talk like that. He's PLAYED like that before, and much, much better even, but have you ever heard him TALK like that? No.

Jesus.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i only saw haynesworths first few snaps, (my cute female roommate wanted to spend some time together ;) so i wasn't paying attention to the game) one the other snaps he took how did he look? was he constantly getting pressure or being double teamed?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I don't care what he does early in the season. It's about being an impact player when it counts so the Pats can win some playoff games. If he's healthy and WANTS to contribute then it will obviously work out very well. It's 100% on him.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts