First LARRY FITZGERALD thread of the offseason! lol

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

First LARRY FITZGERALD thread of the offseason! lol

Why not right?  Send Ariz a couple picks for Fitz ?  2 & a 4 maybe?  Re-WORK his deal before coming here ? Gives Brady the #1 WR for the offense to hopefully go along with a 'healthy' Gronk , a hopeful resign of Edleman, and Amendola (again, if healthy ;), and the recent rookies WRs.

I know this has been mentioned in past seasons, but this might be the best possible time to possibly 'lure' Fitz out of Zona - Esp. since Floyd is coming on there.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: First LARRY FITZGERALD thread of the offseason! lol

The Pats are less than 6 Million under the projected CAP, that not a lot of room to do a whole lot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why not right?  Send Ariz a couple picks for Fitz ?  2 & a 4 maybe?  Re-WORK his deal before coming here ? Gives Brady the #1 WR for the offense to hopefully go along with a 'healthy' Gronk , a hopeful resign of Edleman, and Amendola (again, if healthy ;), and the recent rookies WRs.

I know this has been mentioned in past seasons, but this might be the best possible time to possibly 'lure' Fitz out of Zona - Esp. since Floyd is coming on there.....

I'd like to see that happen...sell the farm I don't know but it would create a more dynamic offense and force the other teams to double up coverage on some of our receivers...but everything's a gamble, a roll of the dice...  I like Boldin as well though. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Be nice to have him. But we also need a couple 6'5 WRS. Need to go big

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

His contract makes him untradeable.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

roddy white for a 2nd. same talent level imo age is killing Fitz

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Roddy is older than Fitz even though Fitz has been in the league longer.  Fitz at his best is a much better player than Roddy (who is no slouch).  Fitz's contract makes him undesirable whereas Roddy has a reasonable cap number next year.  That is the real difference imo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The best WR's the Patriots can sign are Edelman, Cooper , and Decker and Decker's price will be higher that what they paid for Amendola. They need insurance in regards to Gronk's health so TE is more of a need position so they either draft a guy or the sign a FA, it would be nice if Gonzo would take a 1year team friendly deal, more realistically maybe a Dennis Pitta type signs a team friendly deal. By the way maybe is the operative word in that sentence...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Roddy is older than Fitz even though Fitz has been in the league longer.  Fitz at his best is a much better player than Roddy (who is no slouch).  Fitz's contract makes him undesirable whereas Roddy has a reasonable cap number next year.  That is the real difference imo.

[/QUOTE]

Fitz isnt at his best though. he is ceertianly a better red zone threat than Roddy. but this this he had a bad hammy all year and couldnt get separation...

fitz is obviously better, but i would take roddy 100% over Fitz 100% because of the cap hit and it would be less to get him

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Fitz isnt at his best though. he is ceertianly a better red zone threat than Roddy. but this this he had a bad hammy all year and couldnt get separation...

fitz is obviously better, but i would take roddy 100% over Fitz 100% because of the cap hit and it would be less to get him

Roddy wasn't healthy either this year so I don't give him an edge over Fitz in that department.  But yes people need to acquaint themselves with NFL contracts before they opine on trade options.  There is a reason guys that sign megadeals usually don't get traded with that much time left on their contract.  The trading team usually has to eat a lot of dead money and the receiving team usually can't afford to just add a guy that is that expensive.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Roddy wasn't healthy either this year so I don't give him an edge over Fitz in that department.  But yes people need to acquaint themselves with NFL contracts before they opine on trade options.  There is a reason guys that sign megadeals usually don't get traded with that much time left on their contract.  The trading team usually has to eat a lot of dead money and the receiving team usually can't afford to just add a guy that is that expensive.

[/QUOTE]

yes Roddy was hurt all year but once he finally got 100% he looked like good ol' roddy. it was the first time in his career he had a serious injury. Fitz had a nagging hammy. that scares me more than an ankle sprain..

but yes like i said the $ is a big factor too. people think a trade means we could trade all 7 of our draft picks for JJ Watt YEAH!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Although he would be a good addition I don't think the Falcons are going to trade Roddy.  More likely they extend him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

You know...if the Pats take what money they have available and fix the O and D lines this team will take a quantum leap....it really would.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

You know...if the Pats take what money they have available and fix the O and D lines this team will take a quantum leap....it really would.

I agree.  I hope most of their resources are devoted to the interiors of both lines.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Yes!!!!! Bring in Larry Fitzgerald, him and Brady would be an awesome combo.  I bet Brady gets back the single season TD record with Larry on the team.  I bet the high scoring offense of the Pats next season easily makes it to the Superbowl!!!

But it not going to happen, I expect Dobson to be the #1 and maybe some rookies in the draft.  Edelman may get better offers elsewhere.  Reality stinks.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

1. Do you think Vince comes back say midseason and can be a good spot player?

2. Do you think Kelly plays and plays well again?

3. What is your opinion on Siliga, Jones and Vellano?

4. Do you think Armstead, with his red s hirt sort of year, will figure in next year?

I agree they could also look at the interior of the lines on draft day, but I am curious what your take is on the current roster personnel there.

I think Vince and Kelly are old and are both coming off relatively serious injuries.  I think Vince is coming off an injury that at the very best scenario accelerates his aging curve.  It would not surprise me at all if at least one of Vince or Kelly is not on the team next year.  I would not be upset if Vellano is not on the team next year.  I think Armstead is an unknown and has to be treated as such.  I'd rather have Jones and Siliga on the back end of a rotation.

I think Wendell needs to be replaced.  I'd love to replace Connolly as well, but would be okay if he stayed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The story of the Broncos game was the interior of the DL got no push against Manning and the interior of the OL line made Terrance Knighton look like an all-pro.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts