Re: First LARRY FITZGERALD thread of the offseason! lol
posted at 1/24/2014 5:50 PM EST
In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
In response to pcmIV's comment:
In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
You know...if the Pats take what money they have available and fix the O and D lines this team will take a quantum leap....it really would.
I agree. I hope most of their resources are devoted to the interiors of both lines.
1. Do you think Vince comes back say midseason and can be a good spot player?
2. Do you think Kelly plays and plays well again?
3. What is your opinion on Siliga, Jones and Vellano?
4. Do you think Armstead, with his red s hirt sort of year, will figure in next year?
I agree they could also look at the interior of the lines on draft day, but I am curious what your take is on the current roster personnel there.
Russ, as follows;
1. I think the sun is setting on Vince. You saw the slippage prior to his injury.
2. Kelly ain't no kid either. Fighting in the trenches is a young man's game.
3.Armstead has never played in the NFL and he is trying to recover from a heart attack. Whatever you get from him consider it gravy but you are foolish counting on him.
4. Silga was a find but perhaps not A level. Vellano and Jones are servicable back ups.
5. Wendell was a undersized at center and led to a pourous middle.
6. I'm still waiting for Solder to be consistent...and stronger.
7. Mankins has slipped as well.
8. Vollmer will be back and solid.
I'm old school, I come from an era when the O line and D line set the mark for the rest of your team.
I think our current crop of WR is better with Brady getting more time.
I think Ryan, Dennard, Harmon are good kids who play better if Chandler Jones finally gets some help up front.
And Brady is better if he ain't worried about getting smashed around.
The lines come first.