first MALLET was knocked out in preseason now his HOY is likely out for the year, how has TB avoided all these hits?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: first MALLET was knocked out in preseason now his HOY is likely out for the year, how has TB avoided all these hits?

By not listening to people here telling to him to run 5 yards down the middle of the field and get himself killed and out for the season. He is one of the best at moving around IN the pocket. Out the pocket....not so much.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Re: first MALLET was knocked out in preseason now his HOY is likely out for the year, how has TB avoided all these hits?

By having less foot speed than Oscar Pistorius sans blades........

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Well remember that Mallet got knocked out in the pocket during the preseason. Obviously, Brady doesn't expose himself to vicious hits because he doesn't (can't) run. I think he also knows how to protect himself, plus he's a super tough guy. Remember how he played with fractured ribs a years back?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Tom Brady has the quickest average release in the NFL.  Also, he beats blitzes well enough that many teams have preferred to emphasize coverage.  Some of this is because Bill Belichick and staff consistently put really good, open receivers on the field.  They may not catch the ball every time but they're wide open so Brady delivers early, and then Brady keeps on playing.  Belichick's system of always having one receiver or another open at a certain spot at a certain time simplifies Brady's need to think, so he just looks at the spot, sees if the guy is open and then throws. 

I saw a curious new blocking scheme in the Atlanta game.  The running back stays in the backfield, a circle of blockers forms around Tom Brady, and then the RB crosses 180 degrees acrosss the circle if needed to pick up any defensive player that got by his initial blocker.. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Tom Brady has the quickest average release in the NFL.  Also, he beats blitzes well enough that many teams have preferred to emphasize coverage.  Some of this is because Bill Belichick and staff consistently put really good, open receivers on the field.  They may not catch the ball every time but they're wide open so Brady delivers early, and then Brady keeps on playing.  Belichick's system of always having one receiver or another open at a certain spot at a certain time simplifies Brady's need to think, so he just looks at the spot, sees if the guy is open and then throws. 

I saw a curious new blocking scheme in the Atlanta game.  The running back stays in the backfield, a circle of blockers forms around Tom Brady, and then the RB crosses 180 degrees acrosss the circle if needed to pick up any defensive player that got by his initial blocker.. 

good point.. talkin beyond protection. even with all out blitz or when hit, he never seems to take weird hits or land awkwardly like both ej and hoy did yesterday ir mallet in preseason.. maybe he's just lucky

he actually does practice  it though. If you ever notice, he always fall softly, almost never gets slammed to the ground and always puts his hands out on the way down to cushion his falls and avoid his shoulder being slammed in the ground, but he really doesnt scramble anymore. 

Another aspect to consider is the Respect factor. I think most players genuinely respect him and they are not looking to take him out. Ive seen guys pull up on him and lay him down. Now maybe  not a Suggs type, but he is a respected dude. You dont see him getting thrown around like Matt Stafford

Sections
Shortcuts