First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady

In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady:
    [QUOTE]As we say in the south, "All Ya'll have lost your minds, (Bubba, his girls codwilly and UD6 are trolls so they dont count) TB Best in the business. Manning, cry baby jerk bad neck with brother who can throw Keep it straight
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

gmbill, you're apparently an idiot. Why would you lump me in with the aforementioned posters. Try reading my responses again, or better yet, have a literate adult do it for you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]His hunger to blame someone else for his poor decision?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Unlike your god Peyton Manning???

You could a 4 hours + loop of continous clips of Peyton pouting, throwing hands up in the air, and otherwise showing up his team

I think TB tried to force that ball into that spot - and it was a mistake - but a savvy receiver makes sure the DB never catches that pass - what is the worst that happens if he takes an offensive pass int penalty - they a 32 yard FG vs a 22 yd?

What would be wrong with a team leader - like Brady is  - telling Underwood that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : Thanks again for the objective insight.
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]

My eyes didn't miss Brady's mouth saying "go get the ball" to the receiver and "he was open" to the OC. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

The Patriots have not only a HOF QB in Tom Brady, but a player who has consistently demonstrated over the years that he is about the team. I am a fan who is happy to see he still has the "fire in the belly".  I do  not fault him for losing his temper, and he had the dignity to take the responsibility and move on.
    Don't get the mind set of reporters or fans who continue to look for ways to trash Brady.  And don't want too.
    Thank you Tom. Another WIN. Once again you showed tremendous leadership on and off the field.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : I have no fears that Brady will play well in the playoffs. If the O-line allows 5 sacks his ability to win it will be diminished if the D forces us to be in a shootout, which they likely will. Like the Colts it is unlikely Brady can carry them alone to a SB win with a shoddy D. I just don't get your view "if Brady continues to make mental errors". ALL QBs make errors. Brady's INT% is at his career norm. Why do you folks keep harping that one of the greatest seasons of all-time is the problem?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that quarterbacks don't make errors. Show me where I've said that.  To me, him chewing out Underwood is just the latest in his diva-like behavior. When Peyton made those kinds of errors and chewed his teammate(s) out, many people didn't think twice about making fun of him, calling him a pansy, nicknaming him Poutin' Peyton, or blaming him for his part in the error(s) - and yes - it cost the Colts a game or two (even a playoff game or two). 

Brady did not acknowledge his part in the poor decision until AFTER OB chewed HIM out.

So, when Brady does "it" - he is considered to be "competitive". If Peyton does "it", he's considered a loser, Poutin Peyton - does that about sum it up?

So, here's my take - either both Peyton and Brady are fierce competitors who merely made mistakes and are really good quarterbacks....or both are divas.

Again, I think there was a time when you had a fierce, hungry humble quarterback in Brady. Of all people left from the glory days, one would expect more of Brady out of a leader.  Peyton pissed his own players for behaving like a diva, you don't think Patriot players get sick of that attitude too?

Do I expect Brady to be error free? No. Do I expect him to minimize turnovers by playing smarter?

I can accept mistakes (i.e., defender tips his pass or he gets hit while passing and the ball goes awry), but the mental mistakes caused by a large ego and forcing the ball are less palatable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : Who did he blame? He came out right after the game and acknowledged that he made a poor play. He doesn't and has never thrown other team members under the bus, unlike a certain Indy qb that we know of.
    Posted by capecodwilly[/QUOTE]

Well, if we define "throwing under the bus" as when one person blames someone else in public for something that went wrong. No, Brady did not throw underwood under the bus.  What he did was berate underwood in public for the world to see. Brady blamed himself AFTER he got chewed out by OB.

IMO, OB, Brady, and Underwood ALL should be blamed - for their respective part.

What I would rather have seen was Brady, as a good leader should do, was pull Underwood to the side and say "next time either fight for the ball or knock the ball out of the defenders hand". It's not like Brady doesn't know that Underwood is green.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : Well, if we define "throwing under the bus" as when one person blames someone else in public for something that went wrong. No, Brady did not throw underwood under the bus.  What he did was berate underwood in public for the world to see. Brady blamed himself AFTER he got chewed out by OB. IMO, OB, Brady, and Underwood ALL should be blamed - for their respective part. What I would rather have seen was Brady, as a good leader should do, was pull Underwood to the side and say "next time either fight for the ball or knock the ball out of the defenders hand". It's not like Brady doesn't know that Underwood is green.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

That's very likely exactly what Brady did tell him. So what's your beef?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : Well, if we define "throwing under the bus" as when one person blames someone else in public for something that went wrong. No, Brady did not throw underwood under the bus.  What he did was berate underwood in public for the world to see. Brady blamed himself AFTER he got chewed out by OB. IMO, OB, Brady, and Underwood ALL should be blamed - for their respective part. What I would rather have seen was Brady, as a good leader should do, was pull Underwood to the side and say "next time either fight for the ball or knock the ball out of the defenders hand". It's not like Brady doesn't know that Underwood is green.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Um, he was on the sidelines, not in a presser. No mikes, no reporters. Puleeeze, not the same as what Manning has done in the past. Not even close.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : That's very likely exactly what Brady did tell him. So what's your beef?

Not at all like you put it.  I just watched it yet again and Brady launches into another one of his browbeat-the-faultless-receiver modes BEFORE OB gets involved.  It is because of Brady berating Underwood that OB gets involved.

I do not know what you've been noticing, but it is clear that there are at least a few fans here and some columnist that have seen Brady tear into helpless young receivers right after Brady has made a big mistake, repeatedly.  It is a bad habit.  Wreaks of diva. 

I'm a Pats fan, and want the greater good for the team.  I see no greater good in coddling an abusive peronsality on a team, no matter the legend.  It is for Brady's own good that somebody steps up and puts him back in place.  He is a player, a great one, but not the whole team.  I think the comparison to Marino is spot-on.  If you can't see it then maybe you are not old enough to remember. In that case, it would not be your fault.  But the comparison stands, nonetheless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I suppose in the heat of battle your always suppost to be politically correct at all times? Lord help us all if we lose it once in a blue moon. Even apologizing and taking the blame isn't enough to heal the delicate feelings of some fans. We want our heros to be perfect in every way at all times. I guess it was a slow day and Mazz wanted to find some angle to write a story about. So let's make a mountain out of a mole hill, it makes good copy. If Bubba wants to find someone who's perfect, go to church. The rest of us are all just human.
    Posted by NoahJustin[/QUOTE]

Good point, as political correctness seems to have gone to far.  I guess that's why I like shows like Mind of Mencia because he simply makes fun of everyone.

The thing is that, in my opinion, Brady seems to have changed. I think he used to be humble. Maybe the change is inevitable with the success, don't know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

It's not like that today. Brady is carrying the team

Is so...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Brady said after the game it was on him.  Stop acting like gossipy school girls.  Take him at his word.  It was on him, it's all better.  On to the Denver Tebows.  This will be like "Mangenius" the Wildcat, or the Josh McDaniels 5-0 era.  A bump.  Meteoric rise, meteoric fall.  Quickly over, and forgotten.  It begins on Sunday, with Denver returning with a LOUD thump to earth.  OP is from Hawaii, must be smokin too much of the local foliage.  He's all "grouchy" about the Patriots.  Fine for him, but he should remember that these threads can be dug up later when he is feeling rational.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : That's very likely exactly what Brady did tell him. So what's your beef?

Yeah, I saw a QB who chewed out a green WR - and basically took zero blame for the outcome until AFTER OB chewed out the diva. Like I've said elsewhere -all 3 are to blame for the outcome. But, I expect Brady to be more professional about it.
    What's your beef? Brady has no part in the blame?

The Patriots should have no concern about needless mistakes; like this one? Those are the types of mistakes that will bury THIS team in the playoffs. So, yeah - I think Brady needs to have a little humble pie before the playoffs to minimize (not eliminate) mistakes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : Bingo. Brady was buddies with McDaniels and now has felt a superior to O'Brien for at least 2 years. O'Brien had it. This may be the thing that snaps Brady out of the idea that the whole offense is he, Welker, Gronk, Deion and Hernandez.  Hopefully it is. It took the trade of MOss to shake Brady up last year, let's see if this is it this year. God forbid any one of these 4 players gets hurt, because we're in for a world of hurt and shouldn't be.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

You have completely lost your mind.  What happened to you?  You are like some bitter high school girl.  Really strange.  You started out the year o.k. I thought, but you sure are losing it now.  Yes it was a bad throw.  But, Brady said he was wrong.  And the truth is Underwood let some punk take his lunch money and did zero about it.  And O'brien went into a shrieking hissy fit and wouldn't stop, even after Brady clearly had.  So much that Belichick had to come over and tell him to knock it off.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Brady said after the game it was on him. 
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

of course he did, because part of the blame was indeed his. I'll tell ya what tho, when he was having his lil chat with underwood, Brady wasn't taking his fair share.

What did you think he said to underwood, mebbe something like: "I'm agawdamnmuthafukka for throwing that!" "dammit next time I throw crappe like that, just yell at ME"

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : HOW was that pick a "force"?  If Underwood comes back to the ball, as a good receiver should, it's a TD. You're a moron.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's more simple than that - if Brady doesn't throw the ball - it's not a pick.

Oh, and you're a towel.....hahahaha Laughing

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : So the "green receiver" is just supposed to be allowed to get off the hook? Get a grip.  We'll remember not to blame Brady the next time he throws a pick.

where did I say to let him off the hook? Yeah, that's not what I said at all - and you know it.  I said to have Brady discuss it like professionals, you know, like a mentor.

hmm,what's that I smell....oh, that's coffee....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Did anyone notice Welker's displeasure with Brady on the play where Wes went long and Brady threw short? Wierd game by Brady.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : Note that you said  "part of the blame"  is on Brady. Meaning that the majority of the blame is on Underwood.

No, I would say it's equal parts on OB, Brady, and Underwood. It's OBs fault because they could have run the ball. It's Brady's fault for forcing a pass. It's Underwoods fault for not knocking the ball out of the defenders hand.

if you want to spin it cuz it make you feel better about Brady, that's okay.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : No, it's a strip sack or a lost fumble or a blocked FG run back for a TD. You're too dim to be a moron.  Sorry I misjudged you.

Or, if brady throws it out of bounds...it's a field goal.

And you're still a towel.....hahahahaha Laughing

25. This post has been removed.