First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady

In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : I think a lot of the speculating fans could be lost, too.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself....lol. Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

One thing I did notice watching the replay was that even after Brady stopped arguing, O'brien wouldn't let it go.  He just would not give up as he continued screaming at TB.  

I personally do not understand what this OC think that type of behavior would accomplish.  He's made his point - no need to keep hammering it needlessly.  TB won 3 SB rings and has been on this team much longer he has.  There's just no need to scold him like a child.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]One thing I did notice watching the replay was that even after Brady stopped arguing, O'brien wouldn't let it go.  He just would not give up as he continued screaming at TB.   I personally do not understand what this OC think that type of behavior would accomplish.  He's made his point - no need to keep hammering it needlessly.  TB won 3 SB rings and has been on this team much longer he has.  There's just no need to scold him like a child.
    Posted by dastardly[/QUOTE]

it would be interesting to have a transcript of what was exactly said between brady and underwood, and brady and OC. But didn't Brady scold underwood like a child too?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from triplestix. Show triplestix's posts

Do you actually read what you write? I mean I sort of agree with you about what you said about  Brady making mental mistakes (which I attribute to the fact that he has no faith in his defense), but you actually think that pass was one? Watch the highlight bro. When Brady starts his throw Underwood is open. The DB made a good play and Underwood did nothing to help Brady out on the play. As a former reciever you are taught to come "down hill" on the ball to keep the DB from getting to it. Underwood didn't do that and thus the pick. I don't know about anyone else, but I am more willing to lay the blame on a guy who was on the streets 2 weeks ago than I am to lay it at the feet of one of the greatest QB's of all time. Just sayin...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : I'm not the one called Bubba.

there can only be one...lol. Jimminy crickets, don't you have a sense of humor at all?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from triplestix. Show triplestix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : Assuming Crennel wants to come back.  Big leap there.

Agreed. But would you not want to return to the place where you had success? It's not like he has had a good time of it since he left. And I seem to remember that Dom Capers was here 2 years ago... and look at what happened to the team he joined. All I'm saying is I'm way more worried about the coaching (or lack thereof) on the defensive side of the ball.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Do you actually read what you write? I mean I sort of agree with you about what you said about  Brady making mental mistakes (which I attribute to the fact that he has no faith in his defense), but you actually think that pass was one? Watch the highlight bro. When Brady starts his throw Underwood is open. The DB made a good play and Underwood did nothing to help Brady out on the play. As a former reciever you are taught to come "down hill" on the ball to keep the DB from getting to it. Underwood didn't do that and thus the pick. I don't know about anyone else, but I am more willing to lay the blame on a guy who was on the streets 2 weeks ago than I am to lay it at the feet of one of the greatest QB's of all time. Just sayin...
    Posted by triplestix[/QUOTE]

no, i hear what you're saying too. Like, I've said...I think there is plenty of blame to go around and not just one individual.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : Agreed. But would you not want to return to the place where you had success? It's not like he has had a good time of it since he left. And I seem to remember that Dom Capers was here 2 years ago... and look at what happened to the team he joined. All I'm saying is I'm way more worried about the coaching (or lack thereof) on the defensive side of the ball.

wasn't capers a "consultant" or something like that?  Not sure he was ever given a real chance to do anything with the Patriots.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]One thing I did notice watching the replay was that even after Brady stopped arguing, O'brien wouldn't let it go.  He just would not give up as he continued screaming at TB.   I personally do not understand what this OC think that type of behavior would accomplish.  He's made his point - no need to keep hammering it needlessly.  TB won 3 SB rings and has been on this team much longer he has.  There's just no need to scold him like a child.

OB went from OC at Duke to de facto OC of the Pats in 3 years. That's a ridiculous stroke of luck. BB really needs to rethink some of these crazy promotions he hands out, like Mangini, McDaniels and Obrien. They all kinda suk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : Yes, you're funny, but looks aren't everything. It's funny you're the one coming down hard on Brady, yet I'm the one without a SOH. Get a real name.

Actually, I'm coming down hard on 3 people regarding this specific incident.

Umm, sorry to break it to you, but a very small percentage of posters here use their real name. How did you get Patsfansince1966 thru the courts? Was it hard?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : OB went from OC at Duke to de facto OC of the Pats in 3 years. That's a ridiculous stroke of luck. BB really needs to rethink some of these crazy promotions he hands out, like Mangini, McDaniels and Obrien. They all kinda suk.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't mind getting rob ryan back, just for shyts and giggles.

When is his contract up, anyway?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : "Technically" your attitude with other posters is no better than mine. Your passive-aggressive nature just makes it look a little better to the unwary. I'm quite sure you have been told this before in your travels because you are classic. I can be abrasive to persons who try to discredit players on our team that don't deserve it just as I can to those that pump up players who don't deserve that. It's a matter of good and evil. Obviously Brady browbeating Gronk has had a positive effect. Or do you think Gronk is being held back by that? You probably want to put a stop to rookie hazing too, right? Are you seriously telling us Chad Jackson sucked because of how Brady treated him. You're preposterous. Here's a clue: This is football, not sensitivity training.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Good vs. evil? Do you really take yourself that seriously? Comic.

And yeah, I am telling you that my attitude is better than yours.  And no, I haven't been accused of being passive-agressive.  Never.  Not once.  Projecting?

OK Babe, I was making an effort to take a few people off of "ignore" this holiday season. You were one of those few people.  Now you've reminded me why I put you on ignore.  Thanks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

Can't believe this thread is still going. Did anyone else hear Gronk on Mike & Mike this morning? In essense he laughingly said that part of his success this year was the fact that Brady always gets on him and the other receivers during practice. So isn't this what leadership is about? Holding everyone accountable for doing their jobs properly. Do you have to be a perfect human being yourself to do this? I think it's the way Brady has always been. Would you prefer him to be "humble" and lack confidence, even if he's not always 100% corect? So far he's done a pretty good job for us, don't you think? Personally I don't want to see him change his personality. He's always had a fire in his belly and has been quick to give kudos to his teammates and not try to pump himself up. Geez, what more do you want from the guy?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

If you take it in context, and rewatch the tape, Underewood walks over to Brady sitting on the bench.  Before he even sits, Brady starts ragging on him.  Not screaming, but ragging.  ON a play in which Brady was 80% at fault. So OB steps in to defend Underwood.  At this point, OB is not screaming, as you can see from the side of his face in the tape.  That's when Brady unleashes a torrent of swears at OB.  Only after this does OB go off.  

Based on how many times Brady has beat down on receivers when, like this time, it was essentially a bad pass by Brady right to a defender (not talking timing plays here), I think Brady lit a fuse on OB's growing powder keg and OB blasted.  

To recap, Brady is the one that started it.  Brady is the one that elevated it.  It wasn't professional by either of them and I am not defending OB's escalation, but the guy is a human being, right?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Can't believe this thread is still going. Did anyone else hear Gronk on Mike & Mike this morning? In essense he laughingly said that part of his success this year was the fact that Brady always gets on him and the other receivers during practice. So isn't this what leadership is about? Holding everyone accountable for doing their jobs properly. Do you have to be a perfect human being yourself to do this? I think it's the way Brady has always been. Would you prefer him to be "humble" and lack confidence, even if he's not always 100% corect? So far he's done a pretty good job for us, don't you think? Personally I don't want to see him change his personality. He's always had a fire in his belly and has been quick to give kudos to his teammates and not try to pump himself up. Geez, what more do you want from the guy?
    Posted by capecodwilly[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem with it being done in a practice.  But in the game?  all that is going to do is traumatize a player.  Remember when Willie McG shoved Lonnie Paxton in the post-season because Paxton missed a block on a red zone defense?  Paxton was a lost cause for the rest of the game, the D fell apart and the Pats were knocked out.  That was the last time we saw McGinnest in a Pats jersey. Wouldn't happen to Brady, but it shows how that in-game confrotation is a dead-end, IMO.  

Seems a lot of successful QBs have won w/o publicly berating their teammates.  And lest we forget, Brady hasn't won a SB since he started berating his teammates in games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Do you actually read what you write? I mean I sort of agree with you about what you said about  Brady making mental mistakes (which I attribute to the fact that he has no faith in his defense), but you actually think that pass was one? Watch the highlight bro. When Brady starts his throw Underwood is open. The DB made a good play and Underwood did nothing to help Brady out on the play. As a former reciever you are taught to come "down hill" on the ball to keep the DB from getting to it. Underwood didn't do that and thus the pick. I don't know about anyone else, but I am more willing to lay the blame on a guy who was on the streets 2 weeks ago than I am to lay it at the feet of one of the greatest QB's of all time. Just sayin...

at what point exactly was underwood open?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d824f2ef5/Redskins-defense-INT

by the time tb finished his pump fake, underwood was already covered. by the time he cocked his arm for the real pass, there was no way underwood was going to be open. now that i looked at this again, one could argue actually that the ball was thrown slightly behind underwood. had that ball been thrown further ahead of underwood, the db might not have made the int. in that situation tb shuld ahve thrown it where the db could not get it. he did not.

when you say you you are willing to blame the guy from the street regardless of what actually happened i will only conclude that you let your bias cloud your judgement.

and given the fact that underwood was picked up from the street, isn't it foolish to expect that he would make an elite wr move?

Sections
Shortcuts