First Rookie IN 50 Yrs to Have 2 Pick 6's in a Game J. Jenkins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

First Rookie IN 50 Yrs to Have 2 Pick 6's in a Game J. Jenkins

he aint that bad.

glad we got talib. that was critical

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: First Rookie IN 50 Yrs to Have 2 Pick 6's in a Game J. Jenkins

Jenkins had plenty of help from the home team lol. I still can't believe the miserable Cardinals came into Foxboro and beat the Patriots. Ugh

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

he aint that bad.

Lol I could have picked those 2 passes off.  At the very least Arrington could have.  That Arizona QB was beyond terrible.  Jenkins could turn out to be a good player, but he has gotten toasted pretty badly this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

He also got benched a few weeks ago for breaking an unspecified team rule.  Dude is trouble.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I no longer need choir boys in order to root for the Pats.

As long as these dudes don't commit serious crimes off the field, the only thing I care about is what they do on the field.

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

He also got benched a few weeks ago for breaking an unspecified team rule.  Dude is trouble.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I see it this way:

We all listen to music....most of these musicians are druggies or thugs and definitely not role models for kids.

But we all listen to them anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Jenkins had plenty of help from the home team lol. I still can't believe the miserable Cardinals came into Foxboro and beat the Patriots. Ugh

exactly ugh. thankfully josh has not been as bad lately in calling a game (and we havent suffered from it-lately)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

brdbreu your right JJ isn't bad, and I know you and I wanted this kid on draft day. The problem with him  is he has already served a 1 game suspension for "violating team rules" and has given no indication that he is going to be a team player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

brdbreu your right JJ isn't bad, and I know you and I wanted this kid on draft day. The problem with him  is he has already served a 1 game suspension for "violating team rules" and has given no indication that he is going to be a team player.

hey quag,
    if we extend talib (and or if we win a sb), i may be glad we didnt get him.

given bb had no idea talib would be coming to new england, and that i and a few others knew this def. backfield was not going to be near good enough this year, had we not had a chance to get talib at all, id still take him but would have tried in fa to get finnegan first.

side note, talib has drastically improved as a teammate since he was rookie, and j jenkins is a saint compared to him in the nfl so far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

hey quag,
    if we extend talib (and or if we win a sb), i may be glad we didnt get him.

given bb had no idea talib would be coming to new england, and that i and a few others knew this def. backfield was not going to be near good enough this year, had we not had a chance to get talib at all, id still take him but would have tried in fa to get finnegan first.

side note, talib has drastically improved as a teammate since he was rookie, and j jenkins is a saint compared to him in the nfl so far.

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Bred - the biggest knock I had on Jenkins was that he was a bonehead who was going to run himself out of the league because of off field issues. He's already served a 1 game suspension and that's on a team who isn't very good to begin with and needs talent more then ever. I honestly want to know what he did for the suspension but you can bet BB wouldn't put up with it and you'd see Jenkins on the bench.

Talib also hasn't improved since his rookie year. If the gun incident wasn't enough to prove that then the fact that TB was estatic to get what they did for him otherwise they would have just released him should be proof enough. BB took him because it was a low risk high reward situation. Talib wasn't a rook coming into the league he's in a contract year which if he doesn't behave will most likely not be around on any team next season. Additionally, the Pats had a major need at CB and Talib brings a physical vet presence. Trying to compare the Jenkins and Talib situations are like to compare apples and monkeys.

Now he could end up getting smart and turning his life around but all those babies are going to be a burden and an anchor around his neck his entire career and I'd be willing to wager that in 2 years we'll be hearing about a Cro/Revis type of hold out because he's broke paying child support. You know just as well as any of us BB won't give into demands and he'd be gone off the team most likely for less then what he was drafted at. Face it Jenkins just wasn't worth the risk of a high draft pick for the Pats, he was a much safer pick for a rebuilding team that need talent and could take more of a chance on the kid. Now with that said take a look at Dennard. He's shown almost as much as Jenkins (as far as ability) so far, but was a much lower risk in the 7th and without the long term off field distractions. I'd be tickled pink that we could have found a #2 CB in the 7th and instead of using a 1st or trading up future picks to get Jenkins that instead we ended up with Hightower, Jones, and Dennard. Are you seriously telling us that you'd rather have a Jenkins with his issues over Hightower or Jones?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

As long as these dudes don't commit serious crimes off the field, the only thing I care about is what they do on the field.

I don't need chore boys either but I need players who will stay on the field and not get suspended by the team for violating rules

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

I don't need chore boys either but I need players who will stay on the field and not get suspended by the team for violating rules

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Yeah really, though it wasn't a conference game it hurt losing that one. The Patriots are 3 or 4 points away from being 11-0. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

he aint that bad.

Quick... without picking up a paper or going online for research, who was the Cardinal's QB this week? Anyone other than the school he went to ever hear of him? Tossing two INT's for pick 6's isn't that unusual. We'cve seen good QB's do it. Why, even Brady, if memory serves me.

One INT was a play on teh ball. The other was a badly thrown ball, when Jenkins was standing in the right place at the right time. For this Pat's defense, that would immediately qualify as a "GREAT play!". So, I can see your inability to see beyond the box score.

Rumor has it that this week, the Cardinals are going to activate Jim Hart. Can't hurt any.... If it wasn't for the Eagles, JESTS!, Chiefs, and underachieving Bolts, the press would be full of Cardinal Collapse stories. Every morning, all 5 real Cardinal fans wake upo, face East, and thank God for those other Cities. (San Diego really doesn't count, as most Phoenicians head there in the summer; home away from home.) 

Sections
Shortcuts