First round of playoff scenarios.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrewserBrad. Show BrewserBrad's posts

First round of playoff scenarios.

Looks like we will probably have to play either the Jets, Ravens, or Colts in the Divisional Playoff round. Most likely it will be the Jets because I think they will beat KC. Jets are the lowest seed and I don't think that will change.
    I wonder if we can have another beatdown of the Jets this time?
    Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: First round of playoff scenarios.

I want the Jets again! The Jets defense has turned into a glorified circus act out there and I want to humiliate them one more time before the end of the season. Also, look for the officiating in the Jets first round game to be as biased as anything you have ever seen. If they can get a Pats/Jets Playoff game in primetime they'll blow everything else on TV away that night for ratings.Not that I believe in conspiracies, I just think it may end up that way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In order of preference:
    1) Jets- how 'bout another 45-3 whippin!!!
    2) Chiefs- might score some points but i doubt they could stop us
    3) Ravens-this would be a dog fight but the Pats would prevail in the end
    4) Colts- as much as i hate to say it this one scares me the most. Of course the Pats still win a shootout!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

if the Chiefs lose this week and Colts win who is the 3rd seed? I'm afraid that the Colts would move into the 3rd seed and they would beat the Jets and the Ravens would beat the 4th seed Chiefs in the 1st round so the Pats would wind up playing the Ravens instead of the Jests.Hopefully the Chiefs can hold onto the 3rd seed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I figure it will be the Colts.

The Chefs should handle their business at home against Oakland, thus securing the #3, and history tells us that Baltimore's defense can't hang with P. Manning. But realistically, it can't work out badly, as far as I'm concerned. If New Jersey (green) escapes Arrowhead (unlikely),  it comes to Foxboro and is bounced from the playoffs by the team it tried to defeat by talking -- it doesn't get any funnier than that.

If K.C. ousts the Jests before the Pats can get to them, that leaves either perennial asspain Indianapolis -- which always needs a beating -- or whiny, too-big-for-its britches Baltimore (which also needs to have its mouth shut). I expect the Colts to handle the Ravens, as they so often do, but no matter what happens, I expect to see a very satisfying beatdown.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrewserBrad. Show BrewserBrad's posts

I highly doubt we will face KC in the playoffs.
    It would be great to see a Jets/Pats and Steelers/Ravens playoff round. That could happen but that would mean the Ravens would have to beat the Colts in Indy.
    The Wildcard round will be fun to watch!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I suspect the Jets can pull it off against the Chiefs.  My up-to-the-minute power rating for KC is 8.3 and the Jets are at 10.4.  My numbers say it's a pick-em game.  However, the Chiefs don't have any playoff experience since maybe Pet Rocks? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

How its gonna go down AFC :

chiefs beat Jests
    ravens beat dolts

NFC:

saints beat rams
    packers beat eagles

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I like our chances against anyone in that first round. Give BB 2 weeks and playing at home a tough combination for any team to beat the Pats. Plus we get some d-lineman back along with Brandon Spikes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I want Baltimore. Not afraid of Flacco and Brady, I am sure, wants to avenge last year's playoff loss and shut T. Sizzle up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

@ shaunk - love your avatar pic, I am an ancient/classics major.

I would love to see the Ravens and Colts beat each other up, with Manning throwing a last second pick. Then, Brady can dismantle the Ravens who will not get the same team they faced earlier this year. I would love to play the Jets here but they would definitely be prepared to make it a close game, not that it would turn out that way. No matter who we go up against we will have some injured defensive players back and I haven't seen any team show a blueprint for beating the Pats. The Patriots have not cared who they have played, they prepare and they make the plays that win the game no matter how the game unfolds.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to First round of playoff scenarios.:
    [QUOTE]Looks like we will probably have to play either the Jets, Ravens, or Colts in the Divisional Playoff round. Most likely it will be the Jets because I think they will beat KC. Jets are the lowest seed and I don't think that will change. I wonder if we can have another beatdown of the Jets this time? Thoughts?
    Posted by BrewserBrad[/QUOTE]

Why is it that all these "experts" have the JESTS! beating KC in KC? Have they not been watching them this season? What they may seem to lack on the field (namely, "name" players and gaudy stats), they more than make up for in coaching (two guys named Charlie and Romeo, anyone? Plus Haney, who was the OC on the Cards when they almost beat the Squeelers a few years ago.)

The Chiefs have NOTHING to lose; they shouldn't be division winners, if you listened to the pre-season drivel. The JESTS! have everything to lose, and have underachieved so far this season. Plus, the Chiefs don't lose at home. They're not the saxy pick, so the JESTS! need to watch out.

The JESTS! have underachieved (at least by their own publicity and trash talking) this season. They're going to be soooo uptight come game time that they will give us a Manning-esque choke immitation. The chiefs are flying unde the radar. If you isted the Top 10 stories of the 2010 NFL season, you'd see the following (not in any order):

1) Vick (Thanks to media hores)
    2) Collapse of the Vikings
    3) Please explain the Bolts!
    4) JESTS! Are Super Bowl Bound (just ask 'em)!
    5) What happened to the NY Giants (Best team in NFL at 6-2)?
    6) The struggles of the Saints
    7) All the whining about the Dolt's injuries (Again, courtesy of media hores)
    8) The joke that is the NFC West (More newsworthy than the Rams "rise")

Nothing in there about the Chiefs, who have turned into a pleasant little surprise. I travel in/out of KC twice each month, and they like being under the radar. BB's "one game at a time" has rubbed off on them via Charlie and Romeo.