First Signing????

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: First Signing????

This is too much money for this guy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Waaaaaaaaaaay too much for a back up...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Who's your relative and how would he/she know this? Are they close to Jenkins or something?

Also, the total $ means very little without knowing the structure and how much is guaranteed/likely to be actually paid to the player. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

PFT:

Jenkins, who turns 28 later this month, has made 48 career starts. His most productive season came in 2009, when he intercepted five passes. However, he fell out of favor in Dallas, which signed Brandon Carr to a lucrative free-agent deal and drafted Morris Claiborne in Round One last offseason. Relegated to a reserve role in 2012, Jenkins notched just 14 tackles and didn’t intercept a pass in 13 games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

spend this kind of money with Talib or DRC not Mike Jenkins

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

If this was a back-loaded deal, I could see this happening.  Jenkins was a 1st round pick a while back, and still has some good years left since he is only 28.  I wouldn't mind having him here as another option at CB.  Muzwell is right.  The contract numbers are completely meaningless until you see how it is structured.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The contract numbers however put into context what Talib and Arrington will sign for

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Just  heard from a relative in Tampa that Mike Jenkins will be signing with the Pat's on Tuesday. Says the deal is 5 yrs 30/32 mil range. I can't be 100% sure  but it seems to make sense seeing Jenkins lives in Tampa and this relative is pretty connected.

Well I'll tell you what, you are always a pretty even and logical poster, so I believe you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Actually I thought this was referring to the other Mike Jenkins, the former Ohio State receiver, who I know is from Tampa as well.  This makes a bit more sense now.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Well another 5'10" CB who blends in well with the rest in the Pats' backfield.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

6 mil per? Seems plausible, I heard that's what the Pats were looking to sign Talib to. Maybe Aqib said no. 

Either way, Jenkins is a man. He can man up a number 1 and take him away as well as play fantastic press coverage.

I'd give this signing a B+...the Pats have 19 mill to spend. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

If legit, and I have no reason to not believe you, this is exactly what I feared was going to happen. Middling money spent on middling players who in this system have high failure rates. 

CB market is going to be crazy. The "glut" IMO will mean nothing. Talib 5/$45 and Arrington 3/$18 seems very real

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

If legit, and I have no reason to not believe you, this is exactly what I feared was going to happen. Middling money spent on middling players who in this system have high failure rates. 

CB market is going to be crazy. The "glut" IMO will mean nothing. Talib 5/$45 and Arrington 3/$18 seems very real

Wait, you'd pay 6 million for Arrington, but only 5 million for Aqib? You really think Talib and his agent are that dumb? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Wait, you'd pay 6 million for Arrington, but only 5 million for Aqib? You really think Talib and his agent are that dumb? 

Re read what I Wrote

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Cowboys shopped him last spring, didn't get good enough offers.

Injury prone and cannot tackle are the main criticisms.

Great cover and talented is mentioned as positives.

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/9690-im-finally-giving-up-on-mike-jenkins/

http://www.footballnation.com/content/dallas-cowboys-not-extending-mike-jenkins-bad-move/16483/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Look, I am not asking to be believed or not believed. I wasn't going to post this knowing it was something that couldn't be confirmed. Based on the the way I was told and who told me I figured why not. The dollars he told me were a general number he seemed more confident about the years.

Look at it this way, you just donated more useful information and insight than any writer on boston.com (now weather it's legit or not, it's still more than what this website offers in their sports section).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Look, I am not asking to be believed or not believed. I wasn't going to post this knowing it was something that couldn't be confirmed. Based on the the way I was told and who told me I figured why not. The dollars he told me were a general number he seemed more confident about the years.

Look at it this way, you just donated more useful information and insight than any writer on boston.com (now weather it's legit or not, it's still more than what this website offers in their sports section).

Tell me about it...the Patriots page has had the same Welker picture and headline about Donald Thomas on the side for quite a while now.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Assuming this rumor has any legitimacy I guess we'd have to wait until they take the field to see who is more productive, Jenkins or Talib. They are around the same age and both have #1 CB potential but also baggage.

I was hoping Talib wanted this type of Cash (5/30) and would accept the Bodden contract (4/22) but maybe he felt he was due a lot more, like Finnegan #'s? Not sure he is really worth much more than 5/35, so we shall see how it works out in the end.

Dennard, Jenkins and Ras-I, all healthy and with training camp here, etc. will provide a nice trio of outside guys. Arrington will have to be replaced for covering the slot, and not with Cole, maybe Mathieu in rd 3?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

LOL, kinda high dollar amount for a short part time CB? I'm tired of watching our CBs get out muscled. can't be true

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Jenkins could be a nice piece of the puzzle. If it's true, though, I hope he's not the only FA they are looking at there.  We need two to replace Arrington and Talib, plus we need some insurance in case Dennard ends up in jail. If they sign Talib and Jenkins or Grimes and Jenkins, I'll be ecstatic. If it's just Jenkins, then we'll have to see.  He's shown signs of being a good starter but has been injured a lot and relegated to back-up duties last year.