First Signing????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: First Signing????

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

If legit, and I have no reason to not believe you, this is exactly what I feared was going to happen. Middling money spent on middling players who in this system have high failure rates. 

CB market is going to be crazy. The "glut" IMO will mean nothing. Talib 5/$45 and Arrington 3/$18 seems very real

Look, I am not asking to be believed or not believed. I wasn't going to post this knowing it was something that couldn't be confirmed. Based on the the way I was told and who told me I figured why not. The dollars he told me were a general number he seemed more confident about the years.

Look at it this way, you just donated more useful information and insight than any writer on boston.com (now weather it's legit or not, it's still more than what this website offers in their sports section).

Tell me about it...the Patriots page has had the same Welker picture and headline about Donald Thomas on the side for quite a while now.

somebody (s) are gettign paid too much..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Assuming this rumor has any legitimacy I guess we'd have to wait until they take the field to see who is more productive, Jenkins or Talib. They are around the same age and both have #1 CB potential but also baggage.

I was hoping Talib wanted this type of Cash (5/30) and would accept the Bodden contract (4/22) but maybe he felt he was due a lot more, like Finnegan #'s? Not sure he is really worth much more than 5/35, so we shall see how it works out in the end.

Dennard, Jenkins and Ras-I, all healthy and with training camp here, etc. will provide a nice trio of outside guys. Arrington will have to be replaced for covering the slot, and not with Cole, maybe Mathieu in rd 3?

id want a more sure #1 cb

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

LOL, kinda high dollar amount for a short part time CB? I'm tired of watching our CBs get out muscled. can't be true

with you kansas

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Jenkins could be a nice piece of the puzzle. If it's true, though, I hope he's not the only FA they are looking at there.  We need two to replace Arrington and Talib, plus we need some insurance in case Dennard ends up in jail. If they sign Talib and Jenkins or Grimes and Jenkins, I'll be ecstatic. If it's just Jenkins, then we'll have to see.  He's shown signs of being a good starter but has been injured a lot and relegated to back-up duties last year.  

" If they sign Talib and Jenkins or Grimes and Jenkins, I'll be ecstatic."

i'll be"check" not ecstatic. a lot to do and we need moves like those just to be adequate

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Personally, I could see us signing him, but not for that much money. He's a decent/good #3 CB (aka Arrington replacement if he isn't brought back) who would be a slight upgrade over Arrington.

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Just  heard from a relative in Tampa that Mike Jenkins will be signing with the Pat's on Tuesday. Says the deal is 5 yrs 30/32 mil range. I can't be 100% sure  but it seems to make sense seeing Jenkins lives in Tampa and this relative is pretty connected.

Interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  I know this is coming to you second hand so I will take that for what it's worth and certainly I won't be bashing you if it's not true.  You completly stated up front that it's second hand info, gave your source, and that you can't be 100% positive about it.

I hope this isnt true, that's a big chunk of money for him too much!!  However, it seems to fit the CB's that BB like to sign.  Short CB's.  We need taller CB's then 5'10". 

One thing that I has me a bit leary about this rumor is that NO teams are allowed to have anything in place with any player until 4pm Tuesday.  I'm sure the Patriots would be very careful during this time and make sure they don't cross any lines before it's time and if by chance they did I really don't see them allowing it to get out like that.

Even though I hope it's not true it will certainly be interesting to see if this happens.

agreed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I pray this is not true. I watched Jenkins in Dallas for years and is is just not that good. This would be a disaster waiting to happen. He is no better at corner than Gregory at safety...another FA waste of money. Too many better cb 's on the market than to take Jenkins.

hope its a juke

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

Just don't think this makes sense on day 1 of FA. If the numbers were 5/22 I could believe it, but going after a mid level CB with a fairly high contract at the start of free agency doesn't seem like a BB move. There are maybe 10-15 other FA CBs that grade out as well or better and there aren't that many teams in the market with money to burn and in deserate need of a CB upgrade. And I don't remember BB ever praising him to the skies so not sure I believe an 'infatuation' with him like with Reed or even Ocho.

exactly

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Just  heard from a relative in Tampa that Mike Jenkins will be signing with the Pat's on Tuesday. Says the deal is 5 yrs 30/32 mil range. I can't be 100% sure  but it seems to make sense seeing Jenkins lives in Tampa and this relative is pretty connected.

Either you or your relative are full of sh!t!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

Jenkins could be a nice piece of the puzzle. If it's true, though, I hope he's not the only FA they are looking at there.  We need two to replace Arrington and Talib, plus we need some insurance in case Dennard ends up in jail. If they sign Talib and Jenkins or Grimes and Jenkins, I'll be ecstatic. If it's just Jenkins, then we'll have to see.  He's shown signs of being a good starter but has been injured a lot and relegated to back-up duties last year.  

" If they sign Talib and Jenkins or Grimes and Jenkins, I'll be ecstatic."

i'll be"check" not ecstatic. a lot to do and we need moves like those just to be adequate

Well, ecstatic about CB.  Agree there's lots of other work to do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Rusty's right that the market for corner will cool after the initial flurry of deals.  The question will be the talent level of the guys remaining. The guys who have the best resumes will go first at higher prices.  After that, you need to find a guy who has been overlooked and has more potential than other teams beleive.  This can be tricky because other teams have competent scouting staffs too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Who the heck is Mike Jenkins???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Always heard that the Colts have had the hots for him. He ain't bad but I would want to kick the tires on the 6 feet and taller FA first before settling on Jenkins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:

timmy,

repeating what i said earlier:

nfl.com rates jenkins just below arrington or 16th rated cb in fa

of cowboys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:

timmy,

repeating what i said earlier:

nfl.com rates jenkins just below arrington or 16th rated cb in fa

of cowboys.

That means absolutely nothing. Anyone who watched Arrington play know he's completely unusable beyond the slot. Jenkins > Arrington.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Rusty's right that the market for corner will cool after the initial flurry of deals.  The question will be the talent level of the guys remaining. The guys who have the best resumes will go first at higher prices.  After that, you need to find a guy who has been overlooked and has more potential than other teams beleive.  This can be tricky because other teams have competent scouting staffs too.

Often the initial flurry is not the top end of the market but the next group. I am not sure there really is a top end to the CB market. A lot of very good CBs but no 'stars'.

If there were 1 or 2 top of the market guys I could agree. This year WR is that kind of market with Wallace and Jennings (and maybe Welker) as the obvious TOP. After them you have a couple of middle guys like Amendola, and then it is a world of maybes. Decent players that might have a breakout year in a new situation, but no one that has put up any real numbers.

Now maybe the Pats have a list of only three CBs they would want, but I would be surprised if it was that small.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I doubt they would do that. Would have to prove himself here first. Remember when they gave 30 million to Leigh Bodden?? How did that work out? (not talking to you rusty)

Sections
Shortcuts