First thought on Super Bowl rematch.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

First thought on Super Bowl rematch.....

Like most of you true Patriots fans I am giddy @ the Pats advance to the Super Bowl. With that said I have a few concerns as all of u do going forward. There will be lots of threads and reposts and if I am I apologize. I fell the Pats have to do a few things to be successful against the Giants. They absolutely have to assemble some sort of running game in this game. They cant put the whole game on his shoulders and have him drop back 40-50 times with success. The law of averages will catch up to him sooner then later. which kind of runs with my next thought. The oline will have to step up and protect him BIGTIME. I also feel like the SECONDARY cant give up huge pass plays..........I am done .......be well all and the game cant get here fast enough............be safe

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: First thought on Super Bowl rematch.....

both secondaries arent great really....going up against ed reed, ledarius webb, and bernie pollard, is alot different than going up against the giants secondary...hopefully the pats take advantage of that with the tall tight ends since gronk and hernandez are 6 inches taller than the giants tallest db's

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Hopefully, Big Gronks ankle is fined and he can run route smoothly.  He and Henandez will have a great game.  This is a heavy weight rematch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to Re: First thought on Super Bowl rematch.....:
    [QUOTE]But it's only a rematch of week nine.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Respectfully, to say that the two participants met earlier in the season would certainly be factual and understandable; but to say, "it's only a rematch", borders on the incredulous.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Shut up troll.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

I just have one concern based on what I see as the attitude of the NY media and Giants fans and Patriots haters across the nation:

Is it possible for the Patriots to survive the invincible 9-7 Giants and ruin their historic perfect season in which they did not lose a single game of the 9 they won?  I just don't see how it can be done, sure they appeared vulnerable against the Jest, Cowboys I, Patriots, at Arizona, Buffalo and the Dolphins and barely survived those 6 games, but they looked completely dominant against the Rams, Eagles and first half of their home game against the Cowboys.  I just don't see how anyone can expect this Giant juggernaut with that brutal 27th overall ranked defense that gave up 20% more points per game than the Patriots to lose at a neutral location.  It would defy logic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

giants are playing really good right now, but i agree with the above poster, i think the giants are being overhyped, but maybe they deserve it considering what they had to go through to get to indy

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]I just have one concern based on what I see as the attitude of the NY media and Giants fans and Patriots haters across the nation: Is it possible for the Patriots to survive the invincible 9-7 Giants and ruin their historic perfect season in which they did not lose a single game of the 9 they won?  I just don't see how it can be done, sure they appeared vulnerable against the Jest, Cowboys I, Patriots, at Arizona, Buffalo and the Dolphins and barely survived those 6 games, but they looked completely dominant against the Rams, Eagles and first half of their home game against the Cowboys.  I just don't see how anyone can expect this Giant juggernaut with that brutal 27th overall ranked defense that gave up 20% more points per game than the Patriots to lose at a neutral location.  It would defy logic.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

Just remember that logic rarely plays a role in the outcome of a football game.

Logic be damned, Go Pats!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

IMHO I think that TB is going to go out there and have the best performance of his superbowl apperances. He will be totally focused and our team will be as well prepared as humanly possible knowing what is on the line. Mark my words. This is a team of Destiny. My one big hope is that they get close to the giants goal line and give the ball to faulk to run it in for a touch down. What a way to end a career eh?

GO PATS.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First thought on Super Bowl rematch..... : Isn't having won ten in a row better than having won five in a row?

Undoubtably. People seem to forget that the Giants lost one shy of HALF of their games in the regular season. That said, I do not see them as the juggernaut the idiots in the media so desparately want to convey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First thought on Super Bowl rematch..... : Undoubtably. People seem to forget that the Giants lost one shy of HALF of their games in the regular season. That said, I do not see them as the juggernaut the idiots in the media so desparately want to convey.
    Posted by xBruzer77[/QUOTE]

Using the regular season to evaluate teams in the play-offs has become fairly meaningless.  There have been numerous wild card teams that have advanced to and won super bowls in the last 10 years.  It is more than ever  about playing your best at the right time, like we found out in 2007/2008 or with GB last year.  Even AZ in 2009, they went 8-8 and came within a play or 2 of winning the Super Bowl. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]1. No turnovers. 2. D holds them to around 20 points. 3. Run BGJE for 20 carries+. SB win.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

I would just go with your first point.  In games between evenly matched teams turnover and points off turnovers are the difference.  Just look at last week.  If the Pats take care of the ball, they win by 2 scores and the Giants score 10 off SF fumbles. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First thought on Super Bowl rematch..... : Using the regular season to evaluate teams in the play-offs has become fairly meaningless.  There have been numerous wild card teams that have advanced to and won super bowls in the last 10 years.  It is more than ever  about playing your best at the right time, like we found out in 2007/2008 or with GB last year.  Even AZ in 2009, they went 8-8 and came within a play or 2 of winning the Super Bowl. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

My point is merely to show they can be beaten. They may be peaking now but there are inherrant defects, exposed earlier in the season.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First thought on Super Bowl rematch..... : My point is merely to show they can be beaten. They may be peaking now but there are inherrant defects, exposed earlier in the season.
    Posted by xBruzer77[/QUOTE]

The Pats are favored to win.  I don't think anyone thinks the Giants can't be beaten.

Again, I don't think "earlier in the season" means anything at this point. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I agree on the turnovers. I read a piece today on coldhardfootballfacts about turnoverdifferentials in the playoffs. Prior to the Pats-Ravens game, teams with a +2 TO differential were something like 110-1. So now it's 110-2.

So protect the ball, turnovers will kill any team.

If the can keep turnovers to zero or maybe one, I fully expect a Patriots win. It will be close, but not as close as the Ravens game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]So was NY-SF a rematch of the 1990 NFCCG?

Constructive.  The 1990 NFCCG was a rematch of a game earlier in the season which the 49ers won.

Sections
Shortcuts