First Time at Gillette. Any advice?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

First Time at Gillette. Any advice?

I am a transplanted NE'der and I scored tickets to the Sept 14 game.  I am really looking forward to my first visit to the Razor.  Any good advice for a first timer?  Also, how are the festivites at Patriot Place after the game?  Would love some feedback.  My predicition:  Pats 28 Bills 13

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Re: First Time at Gillette. Any advice?

Lucky dog...enjoy and a Monday night too. Bring lots of cash,for parking, food, and get there early as you can and tailgate if you can. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

The Krafts did a tremendous job with Patriot Place. First class joint.

After a Monday Night game, your best bet might be CBS restaurant.

But most importantly, the new crop of Patriots Cheerleaders were plucked right out of Hermosa Beach, California....outstanding talent. Bring the binoculars.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Here is what U do. The 1st thing 2 do is go in your back yard and plant a money tree, because your gona need it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I went there for the first time a few years back.  Get there early to tailgate, the local are wonderful, share food, alcohol, etc.  They are so much nicer than at most other stadiums.  The stuff inside is pricey, but isnt every stadium?  After the game, some do continue to tailgate, it is a good way to kill off the time when the crowds are leaving.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

I got season tickets, nobody shares food. I never seen that ever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In Response to First Time at Gillette. Any advice?:
    I am a transplanted NE'der and I scored tickets to the Sept 14 game.  I am really looking forward to my first visit to the Razor.  Any good advice for a first timer?  Also, how are the festivites at Patriot Place after the game?  Would love some feedback.  My predicition:  Pats 28 Bills 13
    Posted by soxfan33928

Sox Fan, get there very early for good parking, and drive all the way past the stadium and come back on the left hand side of the road parking spots (that way you can turn right towards the interstate coming out and save hours of waiting on the left hand turn side post game trying to get back into traffic!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NastyPatriot. Show NastyPatriot's posts

In Response to Re: First Time at Gillette. Any advice?:
    I got season tickets, nobody shares food. I never seen that ever.
    Posted by ZigZig

Agreed....noone ever shares food....I got to an avg of 4-5 games a year....I tailgate at the End Zone, the walk is worth getting home earlier and not sitting in the parking lot at Gilette.

My advice, definitely bring beer, get there early...I usually get a good buzz on, eat, then go into the stadium and buy 2 beers....$8 beers is just ridiculous.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: First Time at Gillette. Any advice? : Agreed....noone ever shares food....I got to an avg of 4-5 games a year....I tailgate at the End Zone, the walk is worth getting home earlier and not sitting in the parking lot at Gilette. My advice, definitely bring beer, get there early...I usually get a good buzz on, eat, then go into the stadium and buy 2 beers....$8 beers is just ridiculous.
    Posted by NastyPatriot
    WoW I was wondering how expensive it was to go to a Patriots game these days!Let me hazard a guess 25.00 for parking,50.00 a seat for the game,32.00 for 2 beers for you and whom ever is with you,a couple of dogs/Sausage another 20.00,and if you decide a restuarant is your choice too eat make that another 50.00 so basically you can kiss 300.00 goodbye and then you get to play in traffic for your nights enjoyment?Skrew that!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Posted by soxfan33928

You should go decked out in a full Yankees outfit and start punching random big dudes.  That would be memorable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

and while you're running away from the "big dudes", yell out "Brady stinks!!" to get their adrenaline going up a little higher...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I haven't been to Foxboro in years, so I really couldn't say what the tailgating is like now, but back when a regular working guy could afford to go to the games all the time, the lots were friendly places where you would often see the same people week after week. We would easily spend twice as much time tailgating -- before and after the game -- as we did in the actual stadium watching the game. Depending upon one's level of innebriation, it was not unusual to see neighbors sharing food or beer, although, like any large gathering (and this being Massachusetts), there was also no shortage of a**holes. From the sound of things, it sounds like the Krafts are making great strides in taking people out of the lots and funneling them into their cutesy little mall. It would be nice if you didn't have to take out a second mortgage to afford an NFL game every once in a while, but I guess times change.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

You should go decked out in a full Yankees outfit and start punching random big dudes.  That would be memorable.

I would kick my own a** if I wore anything with a NYY logo. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Posted by soxfan33928
      I'm going and I got a extra ticket, does another 1 of your friends want to go, let me no I'll sell him the ticket, face value $117 my Email is mvieu77@aol.com

Sections
Shortcuts