first time ever that 85 could be cut?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Re: first time ever that 85 could be cut?

I think you guys made him Off himself...hahahaha

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

ok so we are gonna keep slater over johnson??? how do you even justify this post or maybe farnham buddy will start ? really ? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

The OP is entitled to his opinion. 

Why is it that if a poster offers an opinion that is critical of a PATS player or the team or the coach, that he is instantly a YETS troll?  I have noticed in perusing the YETS forums that they do the same exact thing but they use worse language..  Its childish.  If you disagree why not just state why and move on? What's with the elementary school yard behavior?  Some of you have enough football knowledge for sure to say why this poster is wrong without calling him a fan of another team.

That said Ocho sticks, he is not going to be cut.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston2009Champs. Show boston2009Champs's posts

In Response to Re: first time ever that 85 could be cut?:
    [QUOTE]am I a jets fan?  really?  I'm not over 1k post or anything, but NO.  I'm not a fan of any other team and NO I won't say it again. But NO.  85 isn't a lock to make the team.  In fact, TODAY, I'd say he's a bit of a long shot to make the team.  That roster spot's looking mighty valuble on defence right now.
    Posted by norichcrybabies[/QUOTE]

you must be a re tard

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to first time ever that 85 could be cut?:
    [QUOTE]Not sure he makes the team, guys.  thoughts?

I think you are nuts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Good points Russ.

I agree CJ looked a bit rusty and even clueless at times last night, but it's just a matter of time. I expect him to come up to speed by day 1, enough to contribute in a more meaningful way. His learning process will continue through the season.

I have to give the guy some slack. He comes from an undisciplined team and offense, to a machine cranking out yards and points. He must be drinking from the firehose and as consumate a pro as he is, he's probably never witnessed anything like this in his 10 years in the league. It can be overwhelming.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

[QUOTE]Can we stop the with really ignorant threads? Is that too much to ask? 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I'm w/you bro....lets stop responding to dumb threads..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

what is so hard to envision? Wes, Branch and Edelman are either better WR's or more versatile (Edelman). Price will stick due to potential. Hernandez is a WR per se. Slater is a ST ace. Chad is not.
    Are the Pats a better team with another DL (Warren?) or TE (Smith?) or 3rd QB? 
    Most on this post think not and feel Chad is a lock. I have been to 7 practices and 1 game. (I was not at last nights game). At this moment, Chad is not one of the 5 best WR's on the team. Is it due to learning the system? His decline due to age? I felt he had a tremendous drop off last year after his dominant opening day game against the Pats.
    My opinion, if not for the $$$ compensation issue, cutting Chad w/b a definite possibility.    

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Russ,
    Simple question. Is BB going into opening day with a 53 man roster that gives the team the best chance to win regardless of player reputation or salary? If the answer to that question is yes, then imo Chad, Ellis and Warren, as well as Tate, Morris and a few others might not be on the team.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I absolutely loved the "I play for Belichick now" line. No one thought he could keep his mouth shut but he's proving he can. It shows the measure of the man that he can make such a change in his life for a much greater goal. It's obvious he's trying his best and he's slowly getting there. The idea of him getting cut is crazy. If you give him the yards for the helmet hit penalty he had a pretty great night!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]I absolutely loved the "I play for Belichick now" line. No one thought he could keep his mouth shut but he's proving he can. It shows the measure of the man that he can make such a change in his life for a much greater goal. It's obvious he's trying his best and he's slowly getting there. The idea of him getting cut is crazy. If you give him the yards for the helmet hit penalty he had a pretty great night!
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

Doesn't this also show just HOW MUCH of an absolute joke Cincy and Lewis are as well?

I don't know if that franchise will ever be successful.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Look at the game again. I looked over Chads "targets" The first one was high and he got clobbered. I'll give Brady a little fault on that one. then the next one to the sidelines wasn't that easy a ball to catch then then the TD pass.

2 things that I'll fault Chad for solely, He didnt finish a route once and he didnt block for welker. I'm happy for Chad Being on this team, he'll be one of the hardest workers on the team. For him to get the ball he has to be open or Brady will throw it too someone else.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to first time ever that 85 could be cut?:
    [QUOTE]Not sure he makes the team, guys.  thoughts?

why you think he's not making it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: first time ever that 85 could be cut? : Doesn't this also show just HOW MUCH of an absolute joke Cincy and Lewis are as well? I don't know if that franchise will ever be successful.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

I was thinking this exactly. It'll take a whole regime change anyway. It must be a kind of do what you want locker room haha

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

[QUOTE]Explain WHY you think he should be cut other than your stirring the pot with this thought?  All off of one game in the pre-season? You may "claim" you are a Pats fan, but, seems these types of ridiculous discussions are started by out of towners who want to get a rise out of Pats fans.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

First of all, I didn't say he WOULD or SHOULD get cut.  I said he COULD get cut.  And the thread was more along the lines of, (likely) For the first time in his life, Chad Johnson is not an absolute lock to make a team.  Star in college, star for the Bengals.  So far not getting it for the Pats.  Must be a strange feeling for him.

Because he hasn't actually done anything yet I guess is my reasoning...

Why'd I say Woodhead?  Because the guy has diminishing returns to scale.  Nothing we haven't talked about here before. He's MY size.  It's much easier to get knocked the %^%^, or just plain hurt, when your so much smaller than everyone else.  We seem to have some big bruisers now and, to me, it would be preferable to have one of those guys picking up a 265lb blitzing backer than Woodhead.  Plus, with all the DL we have, it wouldn't surprise me if they saved the roster spot to keep an additional one.

We're cutting +/- 40 players, you don't think there's going to be a surprise or two?

It wouldn't be the first time someone that was "supposed" to be a lock for the team didn't turn out to be, ask Lawyer Milloy.

Gesus Krist...  It's called speculation and debate.  Anytime you say anything that doesn't involve blowing a player or coach on this team, you're considered a troll on this board... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

It's because you wrote your post from a troll's perspective.

And your criteria for why Woodhead might not last is because you and he are the same size???  That is a trollish argument.  There's a pretty good reason he's been in this league for 4 years now.  He's a lot tougher than you, me, or anyone here.

But you continue to not provide any reason in support of your claim that Ocho might get cut.  That's part of the reason people think you're trolling.  And there have already been a couple of surpises here so far; Chad Johnson will not be one of them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Why would 85 agree to a pay cut, to after get cut?? Same goes to Haynsworth. I am pretty sure that they agreed to pay cuts with the agreement they would make the team. People need to stop assuming some players are going to get cut just cause they are not looking as good as you want them to look. People also need to remeber that new players like 85 and others didnt have the LONG OFF SEASON AS YEARS PAST DUE TO THE LOCKOUT. I am pretty sure if he was allowed to be traded like 4 months ago and been able to be in camp in those 4 months he would be alot more ahead then most others.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

[QUOTE]It's because you wrote your post from a troll's perspective. And your criteria for why Woodhead might not last is because you and he are the same size???  That is a trollish argument.  There's a pretty good reason he's been in this league for 4 years now.  He's a lot tougher than you, me, or anyone here. But you continue to not provide any reason in support of your claim that Ocho might get cut.  That's part of the reason people think you're trolling.  And there have already been a couple of surpises here so far; Chad Johnson will not be one of them.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

From a troll's perspective?  I said "I'm not sure Chad Johnson makes the team.  Thoughts?"  As for Woodhead, Like I said, we've had the conversation more than once about how many hit's a small frame like his can take.  I guess those were trollish, too?  He's a good, tough player.  No one's saying different.  But if there's someone on the team, or maybe not on the team (clinten portis) that can block better and have "most" of the flash he brings to the table, but is 40lbs heavier, I think I'd rather him picking up blitzes blocking for Brady is what I'm saying. 

And again, that dline rotation is going to be big and need depth as insurance against injuries... (wasn't Mike Wright the one that couldn't even watch tv because he had such a bad concussion last year?  For MONTHS?  Ending the season on IR for the 2nd time since he's been here?)  Last year I thought we had pretty good depth on the Dline until it got devistated by injuries.  Those roster spots have to come from somewhere, especially if we're not cutting a QB, which I don't think we will.  It's not a reach to assume Hernandes could be used as an emergency wideout...  Especially if they keep Yeatman, another good player, which I certainly think they will.

It's just going to be interesting to see how they value the players/positional groups vs. roster spots is what I'm saying.  Not that they should or shouldn't keep or cut any player in particular.  For the record, I'm a fan of both players, but Bills a pretty good businessman who doesn't let sentiment or public opinion effect doing "what's in the best interest of the team".  And I don't think he wants to get caught with his pants down on the Dline again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

I disagreed with the trade for Ochocinco. I think he has lost a step or two over the past few years. That being said, there is no way he is getting cut. The Pats just gave him a $4.5M bonus. You don't do that if you have doubts about somebody.

If he turns out to be an all-pro, I'll admit I was wrong. But I have my doubts on how effective he will be.