First Wr on my Post Season Pats Wish List

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

First Wr on my Post Season Pats Wish List

Post super bowl analysis yields the need for a hopkins and or a rogers  (my second wr is

da rick rogers (hes compared to julio jones).

DeAndre Hopkins would add outside explosion

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/04/drafting_the_pats_deandre_hopkins_would_add_outside_explosion

10 inch hands. rips the ball in bigtime traffic

36 vetical, 4.51 40

2.61 20, 1.58 10, 4.5 shuttle, 6.83 cone

compares to reggie wayne.

2012 acc best yards catcehs and tds (second in nation)

first team all conference.

Da'Rick Rogers, WR

Rogers is a virtual Julio Jones clone, exhibiting an exciting combination of size, strength and explosiveness.

6 3 -6 -4 , 220

4.5 40

6.71 cone

4.06 shuttle

2.56 20

1.61 10

39.5 vertical leap, 9.5 inch hands.

a plus is that he should be available in 2nd round due ot off field post issue

lead teh sec in 2011 in yards and was first team all sec

unless we get a high 2nd for mallet, 

my current strategy has us nabbing the stud de / pass rusher "tank" carradine (graded a top 10 pick before injuring his knee) in rd 1

and rogers in rd 2 (backups picks wr j hunter,  wr a. dobson)

if we get a top rd 2 pick i like carradine in rd 1, hopkins and rogers in rd 2

cb, dt, safety, cover lb, or  o line in rd 3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

Re: First Wr on my Post Season Pats Wish List

In response to bredbru's comment:

Post super bowl analysis yields the need for a hopkins and or a rogers  (my second wr is

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/04/drafting_the_pats_deandre_hopkins_would_add_outside_explosion

36 vetical, 4.51 40

Da'Rick Rogers, WR

Rogers is a virtual Julio Jones clone, exhibiting an exciting combination of size, strength and explosiveness.

6 3 -6 -4 , 220

4.5 40

6.71 cone

4.06 shuttle

2.56 20

1.61 10

my current strategy has us nabbing the stud de / pass rusher "tank" carradine (graded a top 10 pick before injuring his knee) in rd 1

I'd take Patterson first if he's available, but... he probably won't be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

How about the kid from Marshall?  Andre Dobson---not sure if that is his name, but seems to have the tangibles--4.40 40, big, smart (captain on team etc)---and if memory serves right the last two receivers we had from Marshall were pretty decent....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

go with TIGHT END again. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to ultpatfan's comment:

Right on.  Patterson out of U. of Teen. is going to be a star in NFL

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

D'Andre Hopkins would be a great choice in Rd 1. His skill set reads like it would work here.  BB did visit with him at the Combine, for that is worth.

With the 29th pick the New England Patriots pick...DeAndre Hopkins.  Book it!  BB is banking on Armstead being a real find and scoop from north of the border.  He knows Argos fans are crying in their Labatts Blue over his departure. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

D'Andre Hopkins would be a great choice in Rd 1. His skill set reads like it would work here.  BB did visit with him at the Combine, for that is worth.

With the 29th pick the New England Patriots pick...DeAndre Hopkins.  Book it!  BB is banking on Armstead being a real find and scoop from north of the border.  He knows Argos fans are crying in their Labatts Blue over his departure. 

It would honestly be the first time I can think of where I would want him to take a WR in Rd 1. The rookie cap is in place now, there is a need for a well rounded skill set in here and it's worth the risk, IMO.  His interview on NFLN impressed me.  I expected one of these unpolished, awkward kids and he's not. 

Use a 3rd for Emmanuel Sanders, give him a new deal at maybe 3 mil per year (assuming he's the real deal in camp), get 2nd rder back for Mallett, maybe us that 2nd to trade back into the 3rd and maybe add a 4th rounder, and grab one of those DTs early on.

I'd be happy with those kinds of moves along with hopefully getting a vet pass rusher in here.

You'd have Amendola, Sanders and this Hopkins kid which is more than enough WR talent. Jones is your project for a year and you deal with his situation later, assuming he makes the club.

I agree, tool bag.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

36 vetical, 4.51 40

Da'Rick Rogers, WR

6 3 -6 -4 , 220

4.5 40

6.71 cone

4.06 shuttle

2.56 20

1.61 10

patterson wont be. he has huge upside, but a big potential bust who really odesnt knwo how to play wr yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rbetourne's comment:

How about the kid from Marshall?  Andre Dobson---not sure if that is his name, but seems to have the tangibles--4.40 40, big, smart (captain on team etc)---and if memory serves right the last two receivers we had from Marshall were pretty decent....

rebtourne, did you read the whole post? dobson is one of my baKUP possibilities :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Well it seems you are not alone regarding Dobson.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1592043-why-the-new-england-patriots-absolutely-must-draft-aaron-dobson

jj, did you read at bottom of my original post?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

While I think a late first rounder should be used on a DL or really good OL, I have no problem with them taking a decent, fast WR in the first round....several sites have us drafting Hopkins...more likely will pick someone up in rd. 2 or 3..BB rarely likes to pick a WR in rd. 1

i was on the kid early befor he was a first rd projection.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

we need a pass rusher.

did you read my whole draft thought?

check it out and let me knwo your thoughts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

It would honestly be the first time I can think of where I would want him to take a WR in Rd 1. The rookie cap is in place now, there is a need for a well rounded skill set in here and it's worth the risk, IMO.  His interview on NFLN impressed me.  I expected one of these unpolished, awkward kids and he's not. 

Use a 3rd for Emmanuel Sanders, give him a new deal at maybe 3 mil per year (assuming he's the real deal in camp), get 2nd rder back for Mallett, maybe us that 2nd to trade back into the 3rd and maybe add a 4th rounder, and grab one of those DTs early on.

I'd be happy with those kinds of moves along with hopefully getting a vet pass rusher in here.

You'd have Amendola, Sanders and this Hopkins kid which is more than enough WR talent. Jones is your project for a year and you deal with his situation later, assuming he makes the club.

I agree, tool bag.

Here is a perfect example of me being called a name, but everyone always claims I start with the namecalling.

Classic.

if you want to stop calling others names and berating, you woudl be supported (you would hafve a lot of reparaions to make up though dotn overlook that). if you ignore when someone does same (name calls or berates), thats exactly what we are suggesting.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Brandon Kaufman from Eastern Washington is coming out early and could be a nice late round pick. I think he's 6' 5" with good hands and excellent leaping ability.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

Brandon Kaufman from Eastern Washington is coming out early and could be a nice late round pick. I think he's 6' 5" with good hands and excellent leaping ability.

speed?

route running?

nice find

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Well it seems you are not alone regarding Dobson.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1592043-why-the-new-england-patriots-absolutely-must-draft-aaron-dobson

jj, did you read at bottom of my original post?

Sorry, I missed it. I now see you like him in rnd 2. Based on everything I have read about this kid he seems to have all the intangibles BB looks for in any player.

I didn't see any Marshall games this year and I am wondering if anybody has sen the kid play?

hey jj,

seen some highlights. dont remember where, try youtube

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

speed?

route running?

nice find

He's not a blazer (4.5) but has a terrific knack for shielding smaller CBs from the ball. He's supposed to be pretty bright, so that's a plus when you think about how difficult it was for guys like Ocho Cinco to learn the Patriots offensive schemes.

Sections
Shortcuts