Fitzpatrick calls Spikes a "Punk"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Fitzpatrick calls Spikes a "Punk"

Awwwwwwwwwww,sounds like someone needs some Kleenex.

From ESPNBoston:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Buffalo Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick called New England Patriots linebackerBrandon Spikes a “punk” after the Patriots’ 37-31 win, during which Spikes was called for an unnecessary roughness penalty on a third-quarter shot to Fitzpatrick’s head that left him on the ground without a helmet. 

"I think the biggest thing is we're not going to back down from anybody," Fitzpatrick said after Sunday’s Bills loss. "I think that Spikes is an emotional player. I think that he's a punk, at times. (He) took a cheap shot at Scott (Chandler) in the first game (the teams played this season). He was doing a lot of jabbering and talking and hitting out there. (He's) not one of my favorite players, not high on my list." 

The hit on Bills tight end Chandler that Fitzpatrick referred to resulted in Spikes receiving a $21,000 fine from the NFL and forced Chandler out of the game with a concussion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Fitzpatrick calls Spikes a

yes! Finally we got a "punk" and a thug (Talib) on this defense! Now maybe it will give the defense the nasty attitude it needs to have to start playing some decent ball!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

yes! Finally we got a "punk" and a thug (Talib) on this defense! Now maybe it will give the defense the nasty attitude it needs to have to start playing some decent ball!

AGREE !!! Spikes is making plays every week !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Spikes is a total punk, but that is good. It is one of these things the defense needs. If Talib can bring  that sort of attitude to the DBs it may actually help.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Maybe he just mistook Fitz for a spider in his bathtub.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

The hit on Fitzpatrick was not a penelty nor a fineable hit, but Spikes is sure to get both. He already got the penelty. Spikes hit Fitz around the shoulders and when they went to the ground his helmet came off. Now maybe Spikes head pushed it off, not sure, but he did not intentionally hit him in the head. It was a clean shot around or under the shoulders. How come, no one on this board is talking about that?... they are on PFT.... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/11/ryan-fitzpatrick-on-brandon-spikes-hes-a-punk-at-times/

Go back and watch the hit... their facemasks got caught and in act of tackling his helmet came off... looked much worst that the hit was.....

Buffalo Bills v New England Patriots

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

The hit on Fitzpatrick was not a penelty nor a fineable hit, but Spikes is sure to get both. He already got the penelty. Spikes hit Fitz around the shoulders and when they went to the ground his helmet came off. Now maybe Spikes head pushed it off, not sure, but he did not intentionally hit him in the head. It was a clean shot around or under the shoulders. How come, no one on this board is talking about that?... they are on PFT.... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/11/ryan-fitzpatrick-on-brandon-spikes-hes-a-punk-at-times/

Go back and watch the hit... their facemasks got caught and in act of tackling his helmet came off... looked much worst that the hit was.....

Buffalo Bills v New England Patriots

Yeah I agree, I thought it was a pretty clean hit, but even if it's clean you're going to get called most of the time. How many of those calls has Brady gotten over the last 5 years? Can't complain there.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Times have changed. You can NOT hit the QB in the head, or even close to it. Several years ago, that hit was no flag & no fine....but not in today's NFL. Do I like the pussification of the league?....nope...not at all. But these guys have got to lower their head so there is (ZERO) contact to the QB's head...or it will get called everytime. I think it sucks....but it's also today's reality.

For Fitzpatrick to call someone a "punk" just because he got hit hard and a little high....he's acting like a little cry baby. Unfortunately, Mr Spikes will be getting a nice little "invoice" from the NFL this week....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

Ridiculous call.   

I agree....but those are the rules. We can hate those rules all we want, but a hit to the head is going to get called every time. Total wussy call? No doubt....but they can either get a little lower, or they can suck up the extra 15......just the way it is. I disagree about the Mayo hit out of bounds....he knows better....they were 4 feet out of bounds when he slammed him down....I knew the flag was coming on that one....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Sorry....it was face-mask to face-mask all day long.....

Do I hate the rule? Yes.....but I saw it 10 times....and the facemasks collided. It will get called every time no matter how much we hate the rule. Not reality in todays NFL....get over it.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

That was a silly call but in the bang bang play I could see why it was made, in all honesty. Frankly that's how you're taught to hit and wrap up with your head up. Face masks are sure to make contact but it's a much safe hit and force dispersement then hitting with teh crown of the helmet.

I might get crap for this but I actually have respect for Fitz with that comment. He didn't call Spikes dirty, just called him a punk and more importantly didn't mention the roughing call only the one that hurt his fellow player.

As for the punk thing well good it's about time we had one on the team. I don't want a dirty player but I want a punk who will hit you and get in your head

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

spikes certainly brings the boom when he hits. we need that intimidator

Yeah, but the problem yesterday was seeing Fitz get better after that hit.  

He shredded our D yesterday.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Punk > whiny b!tch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If I could only keep 3 players from this defense, Spike would be one of them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Maybe he just mistook Fitz for a spider in his bathtub.

that could work.

I'm getting tired of the officials calling anything remotely looking like a shot to the head. Steelers on V.Cruz was a joke !  

Spikes first point of contact was a bear hug and then of course the helmets will kiss , in this case touch.  It was rolling over him that made the helmet come off.  Maybe Fitch should strap it better.

This goes for the whole league, refs have no balz and take the easy way, flag it !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Mayon on the otherhand..... dumb dumb penalty.  They couldn't tackle their RBs on the field so he decides to do it out of bounds ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

did fitzpatrick call RB Jackson a punk? spikes KO'd him causing hisecond fumble.....keep the hits coming big guy 

Sections
Shortcuts