Fitzpatrick calls Spikes a "Punk"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Re: Fitzpatrick calls Spikes a

Not sure if that is exactly what Fitz called him. I'm pretty sure he used another word (nothing racial) when they were face to face on the field. And that was a legal hit! The refs overreacted to Fitz's helmut coming off!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:

A punk is what a punk does-Spikes is a punk!

Really? You mad bro? I'm sorry...but that will never get old. Especially with your blatant, one-sided rants! lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

no a punk is the #5 pick and cant score a point in this offensive driven league

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to soups's comment:

He shredded our D yesterday.

So did Sanchez....it's not tough to do. I just hope Talib makes a difference back there.

I also hope that Spikes continues to bring the big lumber....no doubt that we need that "nastiness" on defense. Really haven't had that huge hit threat since Rodney left.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

A punk is someone who hangs out on a rival teams message board acting like a douche!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

He is a punk and I'd say we could use a few more like him. The Raven, Jets and Steelers have had plenty of Punks that played good defense over the last few year. I hope Talib is a punk too.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Maybe he just mistook Fitz for a spider in his bathtub.

that could work.

I'm getting tired of the officials calling anything remotely looking like a shot to the head. Steelers on V.Cruz was a joke !  

Spikes first point of contact was a bear hug and then of course the helmets will kiss , in this case touch.  It was rolling over him that made the helmet come off.  Maybe Fitch should strap it better.

This goes for the whole league, refs have no balz and take the easy way, flag it !

Stop it with the refs! The league dictates the penalties and it's up to the refs to enforce the rules. They don't get to make stuff up. Spikes hit him helmet to helmet. Billboo's picture shows the hit. THAT is why the call was made.

Where's the defense of all those "stupid" calls against the Bills in the first half? Homie cat got your tongue?  Play dumb, get penalized. It's that simple. No matter WHO you are. If they didn't put themselves into a position to get a call, this wouldn't be happening. But, if it did, THEN you'd have something to go with the whine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I always thought that the pats prided themselves on players that stand for the so called 'patriot way". Are players like Talib and Spikes really doing things the "patrots way"?

I saw one of your guys was caught taking steroids last week too!Tsk Tsk Tsk!

I guess you must have inside information on what the substance was because ESPN,Sports Illustrated and PFW all say that it was unspecified.

The league's announcement Friday did not specify the substance.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/11/09/brandon-bolden-suspended.ap/index.html#ixzz2C2tNqHAa

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The hit on Fitzpatrick was not a penelty nor a fineable hit, but Spikes is sure to get both. He already got the penelty. Spikes hit Fitz around the shoulders and when they went to the ground his helmet came off. Now maybe Spikes head pushed it off, not sure, but he did not intentionally hit him in the head. It was a clean shot around or under the shoulders. How come, no one on this board is talking about that?... they are on PFT.... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/11/ryan-fitzpatrick-on-brandon-spikes-hes-a-punk-at-times/

Go back and watch the hit... their facemasks got caught and in act of tackling his helmet came off... looked much worst that the hit was.....

Buffalo Bills v New England Patriots

[/QUOTE

"their facemasks got caught and in act of tackling his helmet came off..."

Sounds a lot like: "I'm sorry, Mr Ref. It may have looked like I was punching him, but all I was doing was trying to help him up when his face kept hitting my fist........"

I've heard that comedy schtick before.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

The hit on Fitzpatrick was not a penelty nor a fineable hit, but Spikes is sure to get both. He already got the penelty. Spikes hit Fitz around the shoulders and when they went to the ground his helmet came off. Now maybe Spikes head pushed it off, not sure, but he did not intentionally hit him in the head. It was a clean shot around or under the shoulders. How come, no one on this board is talking about that?... they are on PFT.... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/11/ryan-fitzpatrick-on-brandon-spikes-hes-a-punk-at-times/

Go back and watch the hit... their facemasks got caught and in act of tackling his helmet came off... looked much worst that the hit was.....

[/QUOTE

Sounds a lot like: "I'm sorry, Mr Ref. It may have looked like I was punching him, but all I was doing was trying to help him up when his face kept hitting my fist........"

wait a minute. are you saying in this picture this is not helmet on helmet? based on this picture, the ref's call was 100% accurate, and Spikes will be fined, as he should. Not saying the hit was illegal or intentional. Simply saying it was helmet to helmet

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

While I hate the call,it's probably the right one.I don't agree with it,or like it,but that's how the rule is written.

Football is becoming about as physical as softball.We need more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN_ynOh2PIo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Yes he is a punk, but a least he is our punk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I know I am a Pats fan so sometimes my goggles are not clear when it comes to calls, but I agree it was a clean hit. His helemet hit his chest area and then hes slid up his body, The hit was so hard hit took off the helemt also,  big whoop. But I am glad we have a few "punks " on the D and he sure lays lumber on people and makes them not wanting to hold onto the ball anymore. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

[/QUOTE

wait a minute. are you saying in this picture this is not helmet on helmet? based on this picture, the ref's call was 100% accurate, and Spikes will be fined, as he should. Not saying the hit was illegal or intentional. Simply saying it was helmet to helmet

Screw the picture, check out the hit on video. He hit his chest first and then because of the laws of physics he slid a bit and fitzbaby's helmet wans't on good and it flew off.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Hey handa- basking in the glow of the pats win I see.

Note to tanbass-You see this guy here Harleyroadking12-he's youra typical pats fan-Boasts about the pats past like the pats won the SB a year ago. It's almost 10 years since the pats won anything but they have a very hard time letting go.

It happens all day every day in here

I bet you wish you could boast about a super bowl victory.....ahhhh never mind

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

[/QUOTE

Screw the picture, check out the hit on video. He hit his chest first and then because of the laws of physics he slid a bit and fitzbaby's helmet wans't on good and it flew off.

but the rule is crystal clear. if the helmets touch, it is a penalty and a league fine. the picture clearly shows the helmets touching.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Spikes is a true "throwback" player.  The kind of guy that will try to get into your head verbally, and then get into your chest physically.  Personally, I love the fact that we have him. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

I'll take that penalty every time....F the other QB  "he must go down and he must go down hard"-- Vince Lombardi 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I didn't think the Spikes hit on Fitz was an overly dirty play.  It was a hard hit and Fitz's helmet came off as the two hit the ground.   If the NFL wants to stick to the letter of the law and fine and penalize Spikes for the hit, so be it.  Defensive players are at a disadvantage sometimes in that they can't stop their momentum on a dime.   

If Spikes was truly standing over Jackson after he hit him and after it was clear that he was hurt, that is uncalled for.  I missed that, but if it's true then no one should gloat when someone gets hurt.  Not sure if it's true, just whaqt I've read and heard on the radio. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

lets be clear on a couple of things. The personal foul penalties on Mayo and Spikes were not vicious, nor did they have intent to injure. They were dumb plays that the Pats could ill afford as the momentum of the game had turned to the Bills.

the comment of Spikes being a "punk" were not on the Fitz hit. It was directed at the Jackson hit, with Spikes gloating and flexing. I just dont see any room in the game for this type of behavior over an injured player. I am hoping that both BB and Kraft step in and announce to the team that this is unacceptable behavior when a player is injured.

I do think that Spikes is a punk. I do think that punks make bonehead plays that hurt their own team in the long run. I do not think that the Pats org goes out their way to reward a punk an early/long term contract.

Punks can change as they hopefully mature (Brian Cox)..I hope Spikes is smart enough to see this

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

I know I am a Pats fan so sometimes my goggles are not clear when it comes to calls, but I agree it was a clean hit. His helemet hit his chest area and then hes slid up his body, The hit was so hard hit took off the helemt also,  big whoop. But I am glad we have a few "punks " on the D and he sure lays lumber on people and makes them not wanting to hold onto the ball anymore. :)

"Hit his chest area and then slid up his body"???? Are you for real? That picture has them both upright, and their helmets are jammed together. If Spike's helmet hit Fitz in the chest, he'd be up in the air. There was no "slide".....Spikes came in and did his job....he put a solid hit on the QB.....unfortunately he came in too high. As soon as I saw the play I knew he'd get flagged....the refs are following the rules. I personally HATE HATE HATE the rule....but Spikes definitely broke it.

If hitting the QB makes you a punk......then we need way more punks on our roster!!

Sections
Shortcuts