Fitzpatrick calls Spikes a "Punk"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Fitzpatrick calls Spikes a

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The hit on Fitzpatrick was not a penelty nor a fineable hit, but Spikes is sure to get both. He already got the penelty. Spikes hit Fitz around the shoulders and when they went to the ground his helmet came off. Now maybe Spikes head pushed it off, not sure, but he did not intentionally hit him in the head. It was a clean shot around or under the shoulders. How come, no one on this board is talking about that?... they are on PFT.... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/11/ryan-fitzpatrick-on-brandon-spikes-hes-a-punk-at-times/

Go back and watch the hit... their facemasks got caught and in act of tackling his helmet came off... looked much worst that the hit was.....

Buffalo Bills v New England Patriots

[/QUOTE]

+1

classic perfect tackling form now illegal. nfl has gone to #it

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yesterday on the Post Game Show Troy Brown said I'd go on the field with this guy anyday, wish we had 10 more Spikes on Defense, meaning attitude. Coming from Troy, this means a lot to me.

[/QUOTE]

exactly and he called out the def and the def scheme

he said a lot of what i posted. 

but hes troy borwn.

here, 15 guys call it being negative by observing what IS and calling for steps to improve.

(then much of them go on to attack posters personally [after calling observing football negative])

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

my understanding that he called him punk for flexing while the guy was being helped off the field (injured) as spikes was intentially celebrating him being injured and for all the chirping.  now i dont know if spikes was celebrating that or not. frankly, hes doing his job and punishing players with his tackling (and casuing ffs). id have it no other way. how and why he celebrates is less important. i would not celebrate a guy being really injured (but i laid em out pretty bad[good]). i dont know if he did. but so what if he did or didnt. hes not committing a crime.

punk discussion is moot.

the job spikes is doing and intimidation and ffs is what we shoudl be discussing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The hit on Fitzpatrick was not a penelty nor a fineable hit, but Spikes is sure to get both. He already got the penelty. Spikes hit Fitz around the shoulders and when they went to the ground his helmet came off. Now maybe Spikes head pushed it off, not sure, but he did not intentionally hit him in the head. It was a clean shot around or under the shoulders. How come, no one on this board is talking about that?... they are on PFT.... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/11/ryan-fitzpatrick-on-brandon-spikes-hes-a-punk-at-times/

Go back and watch the hit... their facemasks got caught and in act of tackling his helmet came off... looked much worst that the hit was.....

[/QUOTE

"their facemasks got caught and in act of tackling his helmet came off..."

Sounds a lot like: "I'm sorry, Mr Ref. It may have looked like I was punching him, but all I was doing was trying to help him up when his face kept hitting my fist........"

I've heard that comedy schtick before.

[/QUOTE]

wait a minute. are you saying in this picture this is not helmet on helmet? based on this picture, the ref's call was 100% accurate, and Spikes will be fined, as he should. Not saying the hit was illegal or intentional. Simply saying it was helmet to helmet

[/QUOTE]

Screw the picture, check out the hit on video. He hit his chest first and then because of the laws of physics he slid a bit and fitzbaby's helmet wans't on good and it flew off.

[/QUOTE]

exactly! textbook!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Spikes is a true "throwback" player.  The kind of guy that will try to get into your head verbally, and then get into your chest physically.  Personally, I love the fact that we have him. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to raptor64d's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know I am a Pats fan so sometimes my goggles are not clear when it comes to calls, but I agree it was a clean hit. His helemet hit his chest area and then hes slid up his body, The hit was so hard hit took off the helemt also,  big whoop. But I am glad we have a few "punks " on the D and he sure lays lumber on people and makes them not wanting to hold onto the ball anymore. :)

[/QUOTE]

"Hit his chest area and then slid up his body"???? Are you for real? That picture has them both upright, and their helmets are jammed together. If Spike's helmet hit Fitz in the chest, he'd be up in the air. There was no "slide".....Spikes came in and did his job....he put a solid hit on the QB.....unfortunately he came in too high. As soon as I saw the play I knew he'd get flagged....the refs are following the rules. I personally HATE HATE HATE the rule....but Spikes definitely broke it.

If hitting the QB makes you a punk......then we need way more punks on our roster!!

[/QUOTE]

hitting the QB doesnt make you a punk. taking a personal foul penalty at a critical time in a close game your team is on the verge of losing makes you a dope. then yaping away and flexing over a dumb play makes you a punk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Punk is a compliment in rock and roll. 

I hope Spikes doesn't get fined.  I've seen brutal plays where the tackler spears the side of another player's helmet with the top of his own helmet.  This appears to be Spikes losing control of the situation at the last instant and pushing Fitz's helmet up and off, not damaging Fitz's head at all.  Spikes went in straight at Fitz because Spikes was the only available tackler, and Fitz could have spun left or right.  If anything, credit Fitz for correctly taking the charge so that it counts as if it were a basketball foul. 

It's a bit of a punk play on Spikes's because it gave Buffalo a first down.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Actually, fitzpatricks comment immediately after being hit was, "That Pikes is a Skunk"

Anytime spikes is in dismemberment range , there is a 50/50 shot he will force a fumble, or a concussion. I haven't seen anyone hit as hard recently except for ray ray.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts