Fitzpatrick's 2 Mistakes = Pat's Win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Fitzpatrick's 2 Mistakes = Pat's Win

A fun game to watch and a nice win for the us, but this was a close call for the Pats and a loss for those who picked the Pats to cover.

Take away two badly overthrown passes by Fitzpatrick and this game could have been a certified disaster for the Pats.  Irritating to see the celebrating of interceptions that were not the result of great defensive play but rather a gift laid into their hands by the opposing QB.

The Pat's improve to 2 - 1 but serious questions remain about the defense giving up 30 considering it could have been even more.

But how great was it to see the running game and the play-calling on offense and to see Tom & Randy connect, and to see Tom, with good protection, spread the ball around. Lots of positive take-aways for our offense with the most heartening being the play of our tight ends and our offensive line . . .  and  Woodhead. 

Putting up 38 points should win a lot of games, and we need to put up them kind of points every week while waiting and hoping for the defense to round into shape.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Fitzpatrick's 2 Mistakes = Pat's Win

Both interceptions were overthrows that were the result of pressure off the edge. Once by Cunningham, and once by TB-C. I would think it's safe to give credit to the defense for those turnovers.

Look, we allowed 7 defensive points in the second half, and we foreced 2 turnovers. I'll take that any Sunday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Fitzpatrick's 2 Mistakes = Pat's Win:
    [QUOTE]Both interceptions were overthrows that were the result of pressure off the edge. Once by Cunningham, and once by TB-C. I would think it's safe to give credit to the defense for those turnovers. Look, we allowed 7 defensive points in the second half, and we foreced 2 turnovers. I'll take that any Sunday.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Hmmn, I don't know about that or if I'm ready to give our defense credit for those interceptions.  Both of those throws were passes that most NFL QBs would have completed in my opinion. 

Fitzpatrick overthrew a number of passes today not just those two: it looks as if the ball tends to sail on him sometimes and today at the worst of times for him and the best of times for us.

We'll take them and pad the stats and move on but they were more gimmies than earned.  The Bills could have tied the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fitzpatrick's 2 Mistakes = Pat's Win : Hmmn, I don't know about that or if I'm ready to give our defense credit for those interceptions.  Both of those throws were passes that most NFL QBs would have completed in my opinion.  Fitzpatrick overthrew a number of passes today not just those two: it looks as if the ball tends to sail on him sometimes and today at the worst of times for him and the best of times for us. We'll take them and pad the stats and move on but they were more gimmies than earned.  The Bills could have tied the game.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Just can't stop whining can you. A good percentage of interceptions are errant throws caused by defensive pressure on the QB. Please go back to the Celts board because you don't know squat about football.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fitzpatrick's 2 Mistakes = Pat's Win : Hmmn, I don't know about that or if I'm ready to give our defense credit for those interceptions.  Both of those throws were passes that most NFL QBs would have completed in my opinion.  Fitzpatrick overthrew a number of passes today not just those two: it looks as if the ball tends to sail on him sometimes and today at the worst of times for him and the best of times for us. We'll take them and pad the stats and move on but they were more gimmies than earned.  The Bills could have tied the game.

vertigho is right. They were pressure INTs. 

The defense was getting pressure through the day which Fitzpatrick responded to by releasing earlier in his motion to get it over the D which resulted in overthrown balls. Two were picked.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Yah well, if Tom takes back 2 bad throws for INTs  and a fumble last weel. we win. Mistakes are part of the game; and decide who wins and who loses most days ... nothing new there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fitzpatrick's 2 Mistakes = Pat's Win : Just can't stop whining can you. A good percentage of interceptions are errant throws caused by defensive pressure on the QB. Please go back to the Celts board because you don't know squat about football.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

-

It's always nice to meet a resident ignoramus wherever you go.

If we all had a nickel for every-time you used some form of the word "whine" we'd all have a lot of nickels.  Consider expanding your voculabary.

"A good percentage of errant throws are caused by defensive pressure on the QB."  That is a statement that cannot be argued with.

It's equally true that a good many NFL quarterbacks would have completed the passes that Ryan F. overthrew today for interceptions.

If you can't engage in a discussion on a public forum - a discussion board - with people who have differing opinions, without resorting to juvenile name-calling, then you are indeed The Biggest Whiner.

They could build a TV show around you.

Evil2010  crying:   Mommy, Mommy, he's playing in MY sandbox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fitzpatrick's 2 Mistakes = Pat's Win : vertigho is right. They were pressure INTs.  The defense was getting pressure through the day which Fitzpatrick responded to by releasing earlier in his motion to get it over the D which resulted in overthrown balls. Two were picked.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

-

Releasing the ball earlier in his motion (?) . . . that is pure hog-wash.

I saw the game, I saw the throws, I saw the D line, I saw how much time he had, I saw how open his guys were.  He let the ball sail on him, and it's due only to his inexperience.  Most NFL QBs would have completed those two passes.

Quit making up false positives for the Pat's D.  I'm a fan, not nit-picker, but with eyes and a brain, and I'm not afraid to voice my opinion or point out things that I notice and believe to be accurate:  and by the way, criticism does not equal being disloyal or being a negative nellie.

Some of you guys really got to get over yourselves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Looked like we were chasing him into his line, and he couldn't step up.  THAT is very clearly a mechanic issue that causes sailing throws.  See Donovan McNabb for proof on that one.  Notice on both he was hemmed in.  Not rolling out of the pocket.  The defense didn't look great, don't try to steal what they DID do well from them.  Buffalo thought enough of what Fitzpatrick did to release Trent Edwards this morning, so they MUST have been impressed.  I sure was.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Yeah, but just because he went to Harvard,  and plays for the Bills...it didn't make the Pat's win automatic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fitzpatrick's 2 Mistakes = Pat's Win : - Releasing the ball earlier in his motion (?) . . . that is pure hog-wash. I saw the game, I saw the throws, I saw the D line, I saw how much time he had, I saw how open his guys were.  He let the ball sail on him, and it's due only to his inexperience.  Most NFL QBs would have completed those two passes. Quit making up false positives for the Pat's D.  I'm a fan, not nit-picker, but with eyes and a brain, and I'm not afraid to voice my opinion or point out things that I notice and believe to be accurate:  and by the way, criticism does not equal being disloyal or being a negative nellie. Some of you guys really got to get over yourselves.

Good for you, telling it how it is. It's not a crime and doesn't mean you don't like the pats. Watching the game it's easy to see this defense is lacking talent in a lot of places and it's going to kill our chances this year. I't a shame when you consider what is on the offensive side of the ball. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

a win is a win is a win. mistakes are part of the game, but credit our defense for putting pressure on him and picking it off. good defense caused the mistakes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Fitzpatrick's 2 Mistakes = Pat's Win:
    [QUOTE]A fun game to watch and a nice win for the us, but this was a close call for the Pats and a loss for those who picked the Pats to cover. Take away two badly overthrown passes by Fitzpatrick and this game could have been a certified disaster for the Pats.  Irritating to see the celebrating of interceptions that were not the result of great defensive play but rather a gift laid into their hands by the opposing QB. Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

another girl scoutCry:

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Fitzpatrick's 2 Mistakes = Pat's Win : another girl scout :
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

-

Another real good example of the ever clever Pat's fan base on this forum.

How many ways can you spell L-O-S-E-R?

One liners and cartoons:  your Mum must be very proud.

LoL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Along those lines of thought-  

wow, if McNabb hadn't started puking, we would have lost that superbowl!  

Good thing Peyton thought Ty Law played for his team, or we would have lost!

We sure got lucky that SB 38 was indoors or Vinatieri would have NEVER made that kick!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Rajon: check out Mike Rodak's piece on ESPN Boston...

"1. Patriots safety Patrick Chung’s end-zone interception to start the fourth quarter was set up when OLB Jermaine Cunningham met blocking RB C.J. Spiller in the backfield with a blow to the chest, pushing Spiller aside and hitting QB Ryan Fitzpatrick as he threw. The pass sailed well over his intended receiver and was snagged out of the air by Chung. "

The pass was not JUST an errant pass - it was caused by pressure from the front 7 !!

That does not mean our D is great - it just means that the interceptions were not just errant throws..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Rajon: check out Mike Rodak's piece on ESPN Boston... " 1. Patriots safety  Patrick Chung’s  end-zone interception to start the fourth quarter was set up when OLB  Jermaine Cunningham  met blocking RB  C.J. Spiller  in the backfield with a blow to the chest, pushing Spiller aside and hitting QB  Ryan Fitzpatrick  as he threw. The pass sailed well over his intended receiver and was snagged out of the air by Chung. " The pass was not JUST an errant pass - it was caused by pressure from the front 7 !! That does not mean our D is great - it just means that the interceptions were not just errant throws..
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

-

I'll check it out.  Is there vid on this play? I hope it's a confidence builder for the D no matter how it happened.

But the real gist of my argument is that many other NFL QBs would have completed that pass, but of course that is speculation, but it looked to me that, despite whatever pressure, that pass could have been completed.  

However we got it, we'll take it.  As I said, it was a good win for us, especially following the Jets debacle.

But it's mos def something for the D to build on.  The D line is not the biggest part of the Pat's defense problems, in fact they are a positive.

But I'll check out the article and look for the vid.  You may be entirely correct in your assessment.  I made my assessment right during game time.  I guess a good flim clip would go a long way in settling this debate.  it could be we are both partially right, RF responded to pressure, but a more experienced QB could have made the completion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a4d28a14f-f950-4f33-aecf-6905e312f1a3&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:4d28a14f-f950-4f33-aecf-6905e312f1a3Post:c914b009-710a-4a4c-9e53-deee01ea2cc4">Re: Fitzpatrick's 2 Mistakes = Pat's Win:
    [QUOTE]Your Parents 1 Mistake = Our Loss! If they hadn't cracked open that Bottle of Cold Duck That night we wouldn't have to be reading this trash.
    Posted by TexasPatJR[/QUOTE]

-

Here's another clever one from the Clever Crew.   LoL

Thanks for offering proof of my assertions about the intelligence-challenged, simplistic mind-set of some of the Pat's fan base on this forum.

Cheap one-liners that would not have been either funny or clever in the 8th grade:  a complete inability to write a rebuttal to the content:  and insulting another poster for participating on a public discussion board.

You win a boobilly prize for being . . . just plain ignorant.  LoL

Your Mum must be so proud of you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fitzpatrick's 2 Mistakes = Pat's Win : Just can't stop whining can you. A good percentage of interceptions are errant throws caused by defensive pressure on the QB. Please go back to the Celts board because you don't know squat about football.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]
    If only they had defensive pressure. It's almost non existent. Don' kid yourself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fitzpatrick's 2 Mistakes = Pat's Win : -  One liners  Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

that's your whole problem you write a fricking essay and repeat that with an essay that doesn't shite 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fitzpatrick's 2 Mistakes = Pat's Win : that's your whole problem you write a fricking essay and repeat that with an essay that doesn't shite 
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

-

LoL

Thanks for making my case for me.

"that's your whole problem you write a fricking essay and repeat that with an essay that doesn't shite "

With friends like yourself, you don't need enemies.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Rajon: check out Mike Rodak's piece on ESPN Boston... " 1. Patriots safety  Patrick Chung’s  end-zone interception to start the fourth quarter was set up when OLB  Jermaine Cunningham  met blocking RB  C.J. Spiller  in the backfield with a blow to the chest, pushing Spiller aside and hitting QB  Ryan Fitzpatrick  as he threw. The pass sailed well over his intended receiver and was snagged out of the air by Chung. " The pass was not JUST an errant pass - it was caused by pressure from the front 7 !! That does not mean our D is great - it just means that the interceptions were not just errant throws..
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

-

Since we're comparing media notes, I guess Fitz has a different take on that Chung interception:

"Fitzpatrick later said he could make the pass intended for an open Roscoe Parrish “100 times’’ in his sleep, but it sailed into the belly of Chung for his first interception of the season."

www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2010/09/27/patriots_defense_reaches_for_positives__two_interceptions/">http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2010/09/27/patriots_defense_reaches_for_positives__two_interceptions/

That sounds like a guy who blew a throw, not a guy who was pressured or hit.

Sections
Shortcuts