Five more days--February 25th

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Five more days--February 25th

Final day for clubs to designate franchise or transition players. I can hardly stand waiting for some news to break!!  I just have the feeling they are working on Wilfork's contract, and although Bodden can't be franchised I believe he can be transitioned. Does anyone know. Then they could use the franchise tag on Mankins if they had to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Five more days--February 25th

Mankins is in a weird position I believe. Because of the agreement ending he becomes a RFA if I remember right which most likely means he'll return for atleast one more year.

I believe you are right where Bodden can fall into the transition player but he's the type of player I view they will either want to lock him up long time playing next to Butler or just let him go.

I'm hoping Wilfork gets signed long term but if they can't I can envision a tag then trade to a team like Tampa who is looking to rebuild their D and has plenty of cap space. Maybe package AD in there for both of their 2nds this year or their late 2nd and a 1st next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I bet they don't franchise the Fork.  I am getting the feeling they are going to let him walk.  And honestly, I thought we got more push with him out, and a 4 man front.  I know I snivel about that alot, but I feel like what we had since 2006 or so does NOT work... and I think it is the decline of the LBs that really caused it.  But for me, give me a 4-3.  And Wilfork doesn't fit that.  Bodden we should lock up.  Almost willing to give him the kind of contract that Samuel wanted, he is solid and doesn't freelance.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

A little reading tells me I am WAY off base with the idea I just put out.  They will have to tag and trade, if they want to let him go, or tag and keep working on the contract,unless they want to save the tag for someone else.  The Pats NEVER do what I think they should anyway, and thats worked out pretty well so far.  It just seems that if they wanted to keep him, why let it get to this point?  

Sections
Shortcuts