Five things to know about the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: Five things to know about the Pats

Oh yea I dont even want to think about how good we will be after next years draft lol

I think we will see Guyton push Bruschi out the door this year. I think Bruschi was going to retire next year anyways so i think Guyton will simply make the choice easier for him.

I think Merriwhether will blow up this season and maybe even make the pro bowl.

Mayo could be the best ILB in the NFL this year.

I think Wilhite will make a name for himself as a young CB on this team this season.

I dont think Pat Chung will be a starter by the end of the year. I think Sanders and Merriwhether hold him off this season but I think he will make a nitch for himself on this D and he will get on the field forplaying time. He just wont be the starter. IMO

And I think Vollmer is the best of teh bunch. I think this kid will end up being the best OT in football before he calls it a career.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Who says the the Pats are "too old". I'm 64, now that's too old....old enough to have watched Ted Williams play for nine years and I saw Jackie Robinson and all the greats on TV in the 1952 Yanks-Dodgers World Series. I was one month old when the bomb went off over Hiroshima. I remember, I was in Boston and I couild hear the BOOM. I attended a Pats game in the first year and remember Babe and Gino well. Are the Pats too old..hell , no, I'm too old ...and that's the truth...with a dash of embellishment. Go Pats...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont think age means anything to a Bill Belichick led team however lots of people say we are too old. We might not agree with them but they say it so that is why I brought it up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats : No, he won't be commish.  Reliable sources are saying he's next in line to be the Pope.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Even more reason to thank god I am atheist.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]I am psyched up right now that this guy also thinks Merriwhether is primed for a pro bowl type of year. I am very high on this kid and I have very high hopes for him. He has been around teh ball more then anyone else in training camp this year and he has quite a few picks some of which were thrown by Brady. This kid is coming around and now that Rodney is gone its his chance to become a leader back there. Is anyone else as pumped up about the young players on this team as I am?
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

He should have been there last season. He outperformed a couple guys who made it, and did so in fewer games. I am pumped about the outlook at OLB and Safety, and CB. But OLB needs an influx of young talent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

congrats to the pats who thus far (according to the posts) have had an injury free camp.  The colts cannot say the same.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Its lonely at the top as is attested by the hatred for dungy here.  what I don't get is Belichick could care less, so why do pats fans?

Blindly follow your leader gents as you are so regularly apt to do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"Who says the the Pats are "too old". I'm 64, now that's too old....old enough to have watched Ted Williams play for nine years and I saw Jackie Robinson and all the greats on TV in the 1952 Yanks-Dodgers World Series."

You're just a kid. I saw Mantle, Berra, Williams, DiMaggio, Kaline, Minoso, Lemon, Wynn and Garcia play at Yankee Stadium in the 50's. Saw Mays and Musial at the Polo Grounds. Saw Snider, Hodges, Campanella, Newcombe play at Ebbets Field. Go Pats!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Damn, guys ease up on Dungy.  He believes in what he is doing.  Vick did more time than most would have, he deserves the chance to get back in.  He still isn't a great quarterback, but hey, he deserves the chance to show it.  I didnt think the original comment had ANYTHING to do with Tony Dungy anyway.  Just Bill being Bill, saying dont ask me questions about stuff that isn't my concern. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Even more reason to thank god I am atheist.

So you are giving thanks to someone who you claim does not exist? Priceless!!!

Its lonely at the top as is attested by the hatred for dungy here.  what I don't get is Belichick could care less, so why do pats fans?

My guess is that most really don't care. But they do see how much it bothers you, so that's why they persist!

Damn, guys ease up on Dungy.  He believes in what he is doing.  Vick did more time than most would have, he deserves the chance to get back in.  He still isn't a great quarterback, but hey, he deserves the chance to show it.

I don't think people here are down on Tony for what he is doing with his life. It's the fact that he seems to be promoting himself (and a lot of that is the media pandering to him) for doing it. Most truly religious people will tell you it's nobler to do good deeds unnoticed. And you cannot say Vick was treated more harshly than anyone else would have for his offenses. Illegal interstate commerce carries up to five years, I believe. I'm sure there are those who served more time for similar crimes. And it is your opinion that he deserves another chance. A lot of folks don't agree with that. It's a matter of opinion, so neither side is right or wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]Oh yea I dont even want to think about how good we will be after next years draft lol I think we will see Guyton push Bruschi out the door this year. I think Bruschi was going to retire next year anyways so i think Guyton will simply make the choice easier for him. I think Merriwhether will blow up this season and maybe even make the pro bowl. Mayo could be the best ILB in the NFL this year. I think Wilhite will make a name for himself as a young CB on this team this season. I dont think Pat Chung will be a starter by the end of the year. I think Sanders and Merriwhether hold him off this season but I think he will make a nitch for himself on this D and he will get on the field forplaying time. He just wont be the starter. IMO And I think Vollmer is the best of teh bunch. I think this kid will end up being the best OT in football before he calls it a career.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]
    Merriweather and Mayo and Guyton and Vollmer and Wilhite and Edelman and Chung will be the greatest football players to ever set foot on the earth!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostOfLombardi. Show GhostOfLombardi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats : Tony Dungy has more class, heart and soul in his pinky than Bill Bellichick-Mr Personality-has in his whole body. Bellichick may be a "genius" coach, but, please, don't compare him to a man like Dungy as a HUMAN BEING.
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Right...Dungy is the ultimate philanthropist...tell that to his kid you mope...

And since when does a Giants fan, or any NY affiliated anything, have the wherewithal to judge 'genius' or 'humanity'? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Ghost - tell that to his kid???? what kind of sick fuc are you? 

As for your genius comment - I'll agree.  Gints stepped over the line.  How could anyone who cheated his way to 3 superbowls be called a genius. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostOfLombardi. Show GhostOfLombardi's posts

[QUOTE]Ghost - tell that to his kid???? what kind of sick fuc are you?  As for your genius comment - I'll agree.  Gints stepped over the line.  How could anyone who cheated his way to 3 superbowls be called a genius. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

A sick fuc is someone that glosses over reality to try and create a false impression.  That reality, painful as it may be, is still exactly that. 

But since you are apparently a member of Dungy's Holy Warriors, I will gladly place you and your unimaginative, hypersensitive drivel, on ignore.  Buh bye turd. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I am sorry.  I am not sure what philanthropy and his kid have to do with each other, so why don't you share them with us.   

Funny thing is I called you on your ridiculous comment and you respond by putting me on ignore.  Who is hypersensitive??  

Feel free to make whatever comments you wish but be man enough to back them up. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Gotta agree with dog on this one.  Ghost talking about Dungy's kid makes him one sick f*ck. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostOfLombardi. Show GhostOfLombardi's posts

[QUOTE]Gotta agree with dog on this one.  Ghost talking about Dungy's kid makes him one sick f*ck. 
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]

Actually, no, it doesn't.  It makes me someone that is comfortable discussing reality.  Everybody dies.  You are going to be worm food some day, as will I.  Dungy and his band of merry apologists have all but sanctified the guy, and in doing so, have glossed over that his public persona is not consistent with at least one major aspect of his family life.  If his son was still alive, would it still be verboten to discuss his son's behavioral problems or substance abuse issues?  Is it the death aspect that makes it somehow 'wrong'?  Those are rhetorical questions.  The bottom line is, I refuse to kowtow to a 'pansy nation' that recoils in horror at the mere mention of an uncomfortable reality.  And no, I'm not seeking consensus. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats : Actually, no, it doesn't.  It makes me someone that is comfortable discussing reality.  Everybody dies.  You are going to be worm food some day, as will I.  Dungy and his band of merry apologists have all but sanctified the guy, and in doing so, have glossed over that his public persona is not consistent with at least one major aspect of his family life.  If his son was still alive, would it still be verboten to discuss his son's behavioral problems or substance abuse issues?  Is it the death aspect that makes it somehow 'wrong'?  Those are rhetorical questions.  The bottom line is, I refuse to kowtow to a 'pansy nation' that recoils in horror at the mere mention of an uncomfortable reality.  And no, I'm not seeking consensus
    . - ghost of lombardi

a touchy topic, no doubt.  still, it stands that even the most prudish of individuals cannot ignore the tragic irony that a man who is litterally the spokesman for nfl's "all pro dad" has a son, for reasons debateable, who commited suicide.  be that as it may, coersion on many levels and in many ways has been going on in sports forever.  talk about cheating, how many championship teams through the years were sprinkled or perhaps even littered with anabolic steroid users?  it was rather arrogant of bill to continue that practice after being warned by mangini he would report him, but signal stealing on the whole i'm know has been an nfl practice for decades.  in fact all teams have decoy signal makers for a very specific reason.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats : Actually, no, it doesn't.  It makes me someone that is comfortable discussing reality.  Everybody dies.  You are going to be worm food some day, as will I.  Dungy and his band of merry apologists have all but sanctified the guy, and in doing so, have glossed over that his public persona is not consistent with at least one major aspect of his family life.  If his son was still alive, would it still be verboten to discuss his son's behavioral problems or substance abuse issues?  Is it the death aspect that makes it somehow 'wrong'?  Those are rhetorical questions.  The bottom line is, I refuse to kowtow to a 'pansy nation' that recoils in horror at the mere mention of an uncomfortable reality.  And no, I'm not seeking consensus. 
    Posted by GhostOfLombardi[/QUOTE]

Dungy's family is none of your business so shut the f*ck up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Mighty I agree its a bit over teh line to bash Dungy's kid but he has every right in the world to say what he said. Dungy has put and continues to put himself in the public eye so he has set himself up for this type of thing. Those f*cking morons on that show Jon & Kate plus 8 have had their personal lives shot to he ll because why? They opened themselves up to the public.

I agree we should all show a little class and leave Dungy's kid in the "no go zone" but telling the guy to shut the f*ck up like you are one of Dungy's best friends or something is not the way to go my friend, teh guy has a right as an American to say what he thinks.

And while we are on the subject I think all he was saying is its a bit ironic that a man like Dungy who puts his faith on the record on a normal basis has a kid who killed himself. I dont have much else to say on the subject other then its ironic, i mean if we were to ask Dungy is he thought he kid was in he ll right now what would he say? Cause his faith would say that killing your self is a sin. But other then this what else is there to say? i dont think Ghost should have brought it up but i wont tell him to keep his mouth shut because he has a right to say it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

To any Giants fans on this forum:
    Welcome and perform a stimulating rectal procedure on yourself with your rolled-up poster of Joe Pisarcik.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

And Mighty dont take that teh wrong way I am not coming after you or anything i am just saying the guy has a right ot say what he said. Ignore him if you dont like it you know what I mean?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"Hi MVP...hope you having a nice summer..your fav Gman fan! " -Jintsfan

Hey what is up my man? lol Its been a while since you posted. I got to tell you as high as I have been on the Giants the last few years I think they are going to have a down year this year. I just dont have that same feeling that they will do well this year.

And dont be so hard on Belichick my friend, he has a lot of history with your Giants so show some respect for the man. He helped your team win championships back in the day And yoru beloved Bill Parcells has not won jack with out Belichick by his side so give the man his due. Plus Bill always has nothing but good things to say about the Giants and has always shown your team the respect they deserve. You really have no reason to bash Belichick, for one he is an ex Giant, he does not coach in the NFC so he does not bother you, and he has always been respectful to your team, coach and owner. The Giants are a class act and you are a class act and Belichick is a class act so lets all get along huh? lol