Five things to know about the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Five things to know about the Pats

In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats:
    In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats : Tony Dungy has more class, heart and soul in his pinky than Bill Bellichick-Mr Personality-has in his whole body. Bellichick may be a "genius" coach, but, please, don't compare him to a man like Dungy as a HUMAN BEING.
    Posted by JintsFan

See . . .  this right here is exactly what grinds my coffee about Dungy. Class? Heart? Soul? What the f*ck are you talking about? And how do you know? Are you and Dungy besties? Ya'll have breakfast together? Where are you getting this information? I'm interested, because it seems to me, that none of us know the first thing about Tony Dungy (or Bill Belichick, for that matter), beyond the media persona they deign to craft for us (or that the media itself crafts for them). I don't know anything about Tony Dungy "as a HUMAN BEING," and neither do you. But quite frankly, if I did -- that is to say, that if I took what I see on televsion to be the sum total of what Dungy is -- I would certainly be more inclined to appreciate a man who went about his business in a professional manner and left his pet causes for his own time. I am more comfortable among people whose personal lives are just that. Tony Dungy represented the face of the enemy for me. I dislike him for the same reason I dislike Peyton Manning without knowing him (and no other), and that is that he personifies a fierce rival. That there are people in the world who believe that Dungy's overt pontificating somehow makes him better than you or I (as this Blue New Jersey fan apparently does) are what make people like Dungy such a deep and abiding pain in my *ss. The notion that an overtly religious person is somehow better "as a HUMAN BEING" simply because he is an overtly religious person is patently laughable. Every time I turn around, it seems, another pious deuschebag is caught with his hand in the cookie jar (or down some kids pants). Spare me the "Holier than Thou" routine. It's not a debate I care to have, nor one you are likely to win.

I was probably as happy as  anyone when Dungy decided to step down to "spend time with his family" and "tend to his ministry" and "get his hands on some of these young men." Of course, I was fooled again as it turned out (much like Cowher before him) his family and his ministry turned out to be living in a broadcast booth. I am almost always amazed at the number of former athletes "families" that live in broadcast booths. But even that is not really the problem for me.

Let me ask you this? Do you know what Brad Childress does in his spare time?
    Or Lovie Smith? Or John Gruden? Or Bill Belichick?

Do you care?

Nor I.

And neither do I care what some pontificating bible belt blowhole does with the currency of his celebrity, except when it interferes with my ability to enjoy my favorite sport without being preached at (to?). I have met a lot of hypocrites in my life, and I can tell you from tired experience that if I had hied myself away from "God's House" at an earlier age, I should have met significantly fewer. This is not to suggest that Dungy himself, or anyone and everyone who prosletizes, is a hypocrite. But as I said, the guy who does his work quietly and with a modicum of humility is far more likely to gain my respect than the guy up on a stump shouting "Hallelujah!"

Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the subject.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

..5 things
    DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T waste time about a coach who ain't even coaching anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

..5 things DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T waste time about a coach who ain't even coaching anymore.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

Agreed.  I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any media coverage of Dungy outside of this forum.  Get over him guys.

5 things about the Pats .... the 5 wide formation they're going to open against the Eagles with tonight and stick with until the end of the first half, with Brady at the helm from endzone to endzone. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

when dungy won the super bowl he said he won the christian way, the right way... did anyone else see this as a jab at belichick?
    dungy is a creep

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostOfLombardi. Show GhostOfLombardi's posts

In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats : Dungy's family is none of your business so shut the f*ck up.
    Posted by themightypatriots

I will most assuredly not be bullied into silence because you find the subject matter <shudder /> distasteful.  As soon as someone chooses a lifestyle that places them firmly in the public eye, they expose themselves to the scrutiny that accompanies it. 

GFY buddy. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"Agreed.  I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any media coverage of Dungy outside of this forum.  Get over him guys." - Mighty

Are you f8cking serious Mighty? Are you really going to try and say that their has been no media coverage of Dungy since he retired? Last time I checked he was inteh booth at the first pre season game, he has been on Mike and Mike in the morning and has been on countless other programs and radio shows trying to get someone to buy his BS about how Vick is a changed man. Dungy has been shuved down football fans throats since he retired what the he ll are you talking about?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Well I never watched any of that stuff but Harley is still right, there's no need to talk about it endlessly on here.  And just because the media covers him doesn't make it right for anyone to talk about his dead son.  Anyone who would do that is a f*cking a**hole. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

Let's not canonize Dungy just yet.  Appearances are often deceiving.  The human tendency to judge another's character from a distance just shows how few of us have wisdom.  Since Dungy's noble character is repeated ad nauseum, why shouldn't his family history be open to scrutiny?  Perhaps, he's not as exalted as depicted.  His son's suicide does make me question whether there is more to this man than what is seen publicly.  It wouldn't be the first time that what we see publicly is different from what takes place privately.  I don't know what the truth is and frankly I don't have an agenda either way.  It's safe to say, Dungy was consistently a very good to great football coach for over a decade.  (however, not in the same class as Belichick - no pun intended) For that, I tip my hat to him.  And, furthermore, Ghost has the right to report the facts.  He made no improper insinuation.  He never suggested that Dungy is some kind of a scumbag.  But perhaps he's not a saint.  Who would be shocked if that comes to pass?  Not me.   Is reality so distasteful that it's better to ignore it and condemn another for mentioning it? 

GO PATS!            GO SOX!       
                                   GO CELTICS!        GO BRUINS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

I'll canonize his @rse....right back to Tampa. Onward Christian soldier and all that rot.

See full size image

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

lol

canonize.

Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats : Actually, no, it doesn't.  It makes me someone that is comfortable discussing reality.  Everybody dies.  You are going to be worm food some day, as will I.  Dungy and his band of merry apologists have all but sanctified the guy, and in doing so, have glossed over that his public persona is not consistent with at least one major aspect of his family life.  If his son was still alive, would it still be verboten to discuss his son's behavioral problems or substance abuse issues?  Is it the death aspect that makes it somehow 'wrong'?  Those are rhetorical questions.  The bottom line is, I refuse to kowtow to a 'pansy nation' that recoils in horror at the mere mention of an uncomfortable reality.  And no, I'm not seeking consensus. 
    Posted by GhostOfLombardi

This tough talker has yet to relate Dungy's philanthropy to his son's death.  I find it really shallow for people like this dirty sphincter ghost to makle judgements based on very limited knowledge and to assume that somehow every person can "saved" from himself/herself.  Sometimes its just not possible.  

As I see it, few have glossed over his family tragedy.  I think it enhances his persona because he has had to deal with such a thing. 

I don't know what it is about people who have no compassion for others.  I just think they are hateful people.  sphincter ghost must have a small dck and his wife must have left him because of it. 

this guy should not own guns.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Mighty I agree its a bit over teh line to bash Dungy's kid but he has every right in the world to say what he said. Dungy has put and continues to put himself in the public eye so he has set himself up for this type of thing. Those f*cking morons on that show Jon & Kate plus 8 have had their personal lives shot to he ll because why? They opened themselves up to the public. I agree we should all show a little class and leave Dungy's kid in the "no go zone" but telling the guy to shut the f*ck up like you are one of Dungy's best friends or something is not the way to go my friend, teh guy has a right as an American to say what he thinks. And while we are on the subject I think all he was saying is its a bit ironic that a man like Dungy who puts his faith on the record on a normal basis has a kid who killed himself. I dont have much else to say on the subject other then its ironic, i mean if we were to ask Dungy is he thought he kid was in he ll right now what would he say? Cause his faith would say that killing your self is a sin. But other then this what else is there to say? i dont think Ghost should have brought it up but i wont tell him to keep his mouth shut because he has a right to say it.
    Posted by MVPkilla

Cripes - If a man has the indecency to trash Dungy for the tragic death of son then he absolutely deserves to be told to shut the f*ck up.  why does he deserve the freedom of his speech but others who view the subject differently don't deserve theirs?  Seems pretty effing biased to me. 

You've made perfectly clear that you hate dungy to your marrow so I am not surprised that you would see it this way, but shame on you for allowing the free speech of one view but not the other.

By the way, what does one man's faith and his son's suicide have to do with each other? 

Do you know if Dungy's faith assumes that a person who kills himself ends up in hell?  Sounds like your personal perspective, but do you know that it is Dungy's?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

It is he who is flawed if he can not feel another man's tragedy.....I don't know if this is a quote from someone I just wrote it. This Ghost is tragedy unto himself for having no compassion for a person that has done nothing to him another than coach and speak out for Michael Vick. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostOfLombardi. Show GhostOfLombardi's posts

Well I never watched any of that stuff but Harley is still right, there's no need to talk about it endlessly on here.  And just because the media covers him doesn't make it right for anyone to talk about his dead son.  Anyone who would do that is a f*cking a**hole. 

I'll talk about you when you're dead and gone too pookie. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostOfLombardi. Show GhostOfLombardi's posts

It is he who is flawed if he can not feel another man's tragedy.....I don't know if this is a quote from someone I just wrote it. This Ghost is tragedy unto himself for having no compassion for a person that has done nothing to him another than coach and speak out for Michael Vick. 
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

Good lord--another one with no sense of proportion or perspective.  And digging out a hackneyed quote to somehow 'prove' that I have character flaws, simply because you haven't the psychological capacity for objectivity is laughable. 

Further, I never stated that Dungy's kid's fate wasn't tragic or avoidable--the point is simply that Dungy isn't the saint that his merry band of apologists want to claim him to be.  If you haven't the capacity to view these things in this manner, then kindly refrain from, at the very least, passing judgement on someone that can do so. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

Not even sure how he came up in the thread, but a lot of people find the canonization of Dungy nauseating. For me it's more of a beef with the media. They act like the man has never taken a dump that smelled bad. I feel horrible for the man and his family about the passing of his boy and I don't see how that has much to do with his current endeavors.

Who cares if he's Christian or won the Super Bowl the Christian way? The Christian way of spreading Christianity was through war and destruction of other cultures not by preaching the good news. Christianity has been one of the most destructive forces in recorded history.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"Cripes - If a man has the indecency to trash Dungy for the tragic death of son then he absolutely deserves to be told to shut the f*ck up.  why does he deserve the freedom of his speech but others who view the subject differently don't deserve theirs?  Seems pretty effing biased to me. 

You've made perfectly clear that you hate dungy to your marrow so I am not surprised that you would see it this way, but shame on you for allowing the free speech of one view but not the other.

By the way, what does one man's faith and his son's suicide have to do with each other? 

Do you know if Dungy's faith assumes that a person who kills himself ends up in hell?  Sounds like your personal perspective, but do you know that it is Dungy's? " - Underdogg

I was not thinking of it in that light when I posted underdogg and you are right you guys have the same right to tell him to shut the f*ck up as he has he right to talk about Dungy's kids death. My bad, i was just saying teh guy has a right to his opinion. But you are right you both have teh right to say whatever you want.

I do hate Dungy and anyone else who acts the way he does. People who use their celeberty status to preach are d*ck heads. But this is not why I said what i said. All i was saying was you may not like what Ghost had to say but he has a right to say it. But you are right I should have been clear and said taht you guys also have the right to tell him to shut up.

Your question about what one mans faith has to do with his sons killing himself? I am sorry and i dont mean to sound out of line but are you retarded? Of course Dungys faith can be brought to teh front of the class when talking about his kid killing himself. Most Church going folks consider killing your self a sin so they are directly connected. Now if you can tell me that Dungy belongs to the rare church that does not consider this a sin then please do. Please tell me what faith he practices since you are so upset about it? If you say he is so and so and that they dont consider it a mortal sin then I will take back what i said but assuming he's of the catholic faith or one of teh chruchs that branched off the catholic faith then it is a sin in which case Dungy has to beleave his son went to hell. Like I said if you tell me different I will take that back but he acts like a Christen so I assumed he was one.

Is Dungy not a Christen or is he some other religion? Cause last time I checked the Christen faith stated that suicide is a mortal sin but correct me if i am wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This right here is why killa rules this board:

"I am sorry and I don't mean to sound out of line, but are you retarded?"

Y'all are gonna have to show up early and stay late to top that one.Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"So it's ok for you to pass judgment on Dungy because his son committed suicide, but we're not allowed to pass judgment on you for sticking your nose into another man's family affairs?" - Mighty

Mighty you do realize that Dungy himself put his family in the public eye when he started preaching about his family values. If he does not want his family business out in the public and open to critics then he should get the he ll out of teh public eye. He is on the USA family value committee and was apointed by George W. Bush himself so teh moment he took that job he opened his family up to the critics. I dont care either way I would much rather talk about teh Pats but since you guys are already up in arms about this i thought i would try and keep things in perspective. If Dungy has a problem with people talking about his personal family affairs then he should stop preaching and go be with his family.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

LOL thanks PMike I try lol

I didnt even realize how bad that sounded till you reprinted it lol my bad Underdogg I know your not retarded lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostOfLombardi. Show GhostOfLombardi's posts

So it's ok for you to pass judgment on Dungy because his son committed suicide, but we're not allowed to pass judgment on you for sticking your nose into another man's family affairs?  In case you didn't hear me the first time: F*** YOU!!!

Your comprehension skills, or lackof therein, have been duly noted.  Kiss

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Ghost you are just pushing all the right buttons arent you? LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

So it's ok for you to pass judgment on Dungy because his son committed suicide, but we're not allowed to pass judgment on you for sticking your nose into another man's family affairs?  In case you didn't hear me the first time: F*** YOU!!!

Good post Mighty couldn't said it better myself. This Ghost thing must have no flaws and never has experienced a tragedy in his life. He's the type who spies on his neighbors but calls the police if they look his way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Mighty I agree its a bit over teh line to bash Dungy's kid but he has every right in the world to say what he said. Dungy has put and continues to put himself in the public eye so he has set himself up for this type of thing. Those f*cking morons on that show Jon & Kate plus 8 have had their personal lives shot to he ll because why? They opened themselves up to the public. I agree we should all show a little class and leave Dungy's kid in the "no go zone" but telling the guy to shut the f*ck up like you are one of Dungy's best friends or something is not the way to go my friend, teh guy has a right as an American to say what he thinks. And while we are on the subject I think all he was saying is its a bit ironic that a man like Dungy who puts his faith on the record on a normal basis has a kid who killed himself. I dont have much else to say on the subject other then its ironic, i mean if we were to ask Dungy is he thought he kid was in he ll right now what would he say? Cause his faith would say that killing your self is a sin. But other then this what else is there to say? i dont think Ghost should have brought it up but i wont tell him to keep his mouth shut because he has a right to say it.
    Posted by MVPkilla

MVP, 

Freedom of Speech does not include the right to have no one comment on what you have said or to tell you to shut the f up. When one person responds to another's words, he is merely exercising his right to Freedom of Speech.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Sounds like Harley has some experience spying on his neighbors lol just kidding bro

Sections
Shortcuts