Five things to know about the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Five things to know about the Pats

Harley lives in Vermont.

He doesn't have neighbors.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

My closest neighbor is 1000 feet down the road.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Killa if you're insinuating that I have the same views as Ghost well go.....
    just kidding bro, no really just kidding.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats : Cripes - If a man has the indecency to trash Dungy for the tragic death of son then he absolutely deserves to be told to shut the f*ck up.  why does he deserve the freedom of his speech but others who view the subject differently don't deserve theirs?  Seems pretty effing biased to me.  You've made perfectly clear that you hate dungy to your marrow so I am not surprised that you would see it this way, but shame on you for allowing the free speech of one view but not the other. By the way, what does one man's faith and his son's suicide have to do with each other?  Do you know if Dungy's faith assumes that a person who kills himself ends up in hell?  Sounds like your personal perspective, but do you know that it is Dungy's?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

It kind of depends on his religion doesn't it. If he is Catholic, Anglican or Eastern Orthodox, then yes. If he is of a Protestant denomination, which I think he is but have not been able to find a report stating his actual religion, then no. Once he accepts Christ as his savior then he is absolved of all sin, past, present and future.

Of course, it is all just superstition anyway. 

Just what religion is St. Dungy anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]"Cripes - If a man has the indecency to trash Dungy for the tragic death of son then he absolutely deserves to be told to shut the f*ck up.  why does he deserve the freedom of his speech but others who view the subject differently don't deserve theirs?  Seems pretty effing biased to me.  You've made perfectly clear that you hate dungy to your marrow so I am not surprised that you would see it this way, but shame on you for allowing the free speech of one view but not the other. By the way, what does one man's faith and his son's suicide have to do with each other?  Do you know if Dungy's faith assumes that a person who kills himself ends up in hell?  Sounds like your personal perspective, but do you know that it is Dungy's? " - Underdogg I was not thinking of it in that light when I posted underdogg and you are right you guys have the same right to tell him to shut the f*ck up as he has he right to talk about Dungy's kids death. My bad, i was just saying teh guy has a right to his opinion. But you are right you both have teh right to say whatever you want. I do hate Dungy and anyone else who acts the way he does. People who use their celeberty status to preach are d*ck heads. But this is not why I said what i said. All i was saying was you may not like what Ghost had to say but he has a right to say it. But you are right I should have been clear and said taht you guys also have the right to tell him to shut up. Your question about what one mans faith has to do with his sons killing himself? I am sorry and i dont mean to sound out of line but are you retarded? Of course Dungys faith can be brought to teh front of the class when talking about his kid killing himself. Most Church going folks consider killing your self a sin so they are directly connected. Now if you can tell me that Dungy belongs to the rare church that does not consider this a sin then please do. Please tell me what faith he practices since you are so upset about it? If you say he is so and so and that they dont consider it a mortal sin then I will take back what i said but assuming he's of the catholic faith or one of teh chruchs that branched off the catholic faith then it is a sin in which case Dungy has to beleave his son went to hell. Like I said if you tell me different I will take that back but he acts like a Christen so I assumed he was one. Is Dungy not a Christen or is he some other religion? Cause last time I checked the Christen faith stated that suicide is a mortal sin but correct me if i am wrong.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Am I retarded?  I didn't realize I was speaking to a theologian.  Are you a hemmorrhoid?  I don't know which sect Dungy belongs to but before you blast him isn't Dungy's sons act between God and Dungy's son?   

I think to better understand all of you who have this problem with Dungy and his son's suicide, what exactly do you expect of Dungy in this situation?  

Because Dungy's son committed suicide does that somehow disallow Dungy from doing what he can to help Mike Vick?  

Someone else here, I think, said it best.  If you don't like Dungy, it might be better to blame the media and the NFL rather than Dungy.  They are the ones who are giving him the access to the public and credence.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats : Good lord--another one with no sense of proportion or perspective.  And digging out a hackneyed quote to somehow 'prove' that I have character flaws, simply because you haven't the psychological capacity for objectivity is laughable.  Further, I never stated that Dungy's kid's fate wasn't tragic or avoidable--the point is simply that Dungy isn't the saint that his merry band of apologists want to claim him to be.  If you haven't the capacity to view these things in this manner, then kindly refrain from, at the very least, passing judgement on someone that can do so. 
    Posted by GhostOfLombardi[/QUOTE]

Who claimed him to be a saint?  And when an idiot like yourself wants to trash him because of his son's death, Dungy deserves some defense.  You've shown that you know nothing about the incident except that it happened and now you wish to indict him for it as if it is his fault.  So much for your objectivity.  Seems what you excel at, bias, is the very opposite of what you claim to have.  What a pathetic excuse for someone who thinks he's smarter than everyone else. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]"So it's ok for you to pass judgment on Dungy because his son committed suicide, but we're not allowed to pass judgment on you for sticking your nose into another man's family affairs?" - Mighty Mighty you do realize that Dungy himself put his family in the public eye when he started preaching about his family values. If he does not want his family business out in the public and open to critics then he should get the he ll out of teh public eye. He is on the USA family value committee and was apointed by George W. Bush himself so teh moment he took that job he opened his family up to the critics. I dont care either way I would much rather talk about teh Pats but since you guys are already up in arms about this i thought i would try and keep things in perspective. If Dungy has a problem with people talking about his personal family affairs then he should stop preaching and go be with his family.

Who said his family should not be in the public eye?  Who said he didn't deserve critique?  I am here questioning those who somehow think Dungy has no right to his opinions on family, faith, rehabilitation or anything else for that matter a) because he is Dungy and b) because his son committed suicide. 

Its pathetic that you so quickly demean someone who appears to only want to help.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]LOL thanks PMike I try lol I didnt even realize how bad that sounded till you reprinted it lol my bad Underdogg I know your not retarded lol

No problem.  I apologize for calling you a hemmohoid.  You may be a pain in the a** to me sometimes, but I never really thought you were a pain on the a**. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats : It kind of depends on his religion doesn't it. If he is Catholic, Anglican or Eastern Orthodox, then yes. If he is of a Protestant denomination, which I think he is but have not been able to find a report stating his actual religion, then no. Once he accepts Christ as his savior then he is absolved of all sin, past, present and future. Of course, it is all just superstition anyway.  Just what religion is St. Dungy anyway.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

I found that even some protestant religions consider suicide a mortal sin and accepting Christ does not necessarily absolve this sin because it cannot be repented.

http://www.carm.org/questions/other-questions/if-christian-commits-suicide-he-still-forgiven

But again, isn't this between God and Dungy's son?  Dungy himself has nothing to do with that.  Isn't a Christian supposed to love the sinner but hate the sin?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Has it ever occurred to you that Dungy, as any father who loses a child under such circumstances, may be constantly blaming himself for that tragedy - and as a result, it may make him work even harder to achieve his objectives as a "self-styled" missionary?

I find it astounding that when somebody - whether liked or not - is actually doing what many preach about and never get around to doing: they either get lauded to the rafters or has his persona flayed within an inch of his life.

I say let the media spread the word about what he plans to do and when; let his acts speak for themselves - if they are true to his creed and successfully rescue at least one person from perdition (whether Michael Vick or your next door neighbor), fantastic; if he turns out to be a fraud (which I hope that is not the case, otherwise a lot of good people in my area will be disappointed), the media and their hyena-like minions will destroy him for the rest of us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

B - it is perfectly fine for the fans here to hate Dungy as the former coach of the colts.  I am also ok if they dislike him because he publicly represents something they abhor - religious faith and evangelism. 

But most of what I see from him these days is positive and humane activism without much religiosity.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

u.d.:

Exactly! If anyone doesn't like what he does, they are free to either ignore it or spouse their opinion all they like...just so long as they don't interfere with his right to try to do good (by means both moral and legal)..... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Looks like Dungy was right.  This will now be another thing for the haters to hate.  He actually creates news. 

No one (reporters), repeat, no one had Vick on anyone's radar screen except possibly the Packers because they gave their pat answer (we consider all players - or whatever they said). 

Why does the media cling to Dungy?  Because he offers relevance to things they care about.  Currently, that is Michael Vick, and on Sunday he revealed news nobody had.  That was a coup for NBC. 

Just another thing to hate about Dungy. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]B - it is perfectly fine for the fans here to hate Dungy as the former coach of the colts.  I am also ok if they dislike him because he publicly represents something they abhor - religious faith and evangelism.  But most of what I see from him these days is positive and humane activism without much religiosity.  
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

I am fine that he is sticking up for Vick. Vick's crime was bad, but some people are reacting like he is worthless as a person. Just maybe he realized he did something wrong. The point of jail is rehabilitation, not punishment. But unfortunately, a large portion of America think it is aout making someone *pay* for their actions.

I am not even against faith even though I am an atheist. That is fine too.

Unfortunately, Dungy can never be in my good book because he actively tries to curtail civil rights of gay Americans.

The Vick/Dungy thing, is blown waaay out of proportion . . .on this board and elsewhere. Advocay is what it is. And if he has the celebrity, he can use it whatever way he wants, imo, as long as it doesn't hurt someone else.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats : My friend MVP-always thoughtful and fair (a rare combination in Pats Nation) Even when we disagree it's all cool. Actually, yes, Bellichick is a member of the Parcells Tree and, truth be told, he is the best coach of his generation. If you go in order-based on a variety of factors and here is always room for argument, i would say this: 60's best coach: Lombardi 70's: Noll 80's: Walsh 90's: Shanahan (debatable) 00's: Bellichick Agree?
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

You would put Shanahan above Jimmy Johnson?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats : He's the other...that's why it's debatable...I will start a new thread with this question and see what the people think...
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]
    Do it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats : You would put Shanahan above Jimmy Johnson?
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
    That was my thought

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Not even sure how he came up in the thread, but a lot of people find the canonization of Dungy nauseating. For me it's more of a beef with the media. They act like the man has never taken a dump that smelled bad. I feel horrible for the man and his family about the passing of his boy and I don't see how that has much to do with his current endeavors. Who cares if he's Christian or won the Super Bowl the Christian way? The Christian way of spreading Christianity was through war and destruction of other cultures not by preaching the good news. Christianity has been one of the most destructive forces in recorded history.
    Posted by heisthejuan[/QUOTE]

Juan, I was with you the whole post until the Crusades were related to Dungy's Christianity today.  I think he had yet to be born. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Five things to know about the Pats : I am fine that he is sticking up for Vick. Vick's crime was bad, but some people are reacting like he is worthless as a person. Just maybe he realized he did something wrong. The point of jail is rehabilitation, not punishment. But unfortunately, a large portion of America think it is aout making someone *pay* for their actions. I am not even against faith even though I am an atheist. That is fine too. Unfortunately, Dungy can never be in my good book because he actively tries to curtail civil rights of gay Americans. The Vick/Dungy thing, is blown waaay out of proportion . . .on this board and elsewhere. Advocay is what it is. And if he has the celebrity, he can use it whatever way he wants, imo, as long as it doesn't hurt someone else.  
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Z - well said.  Additionally, even if there are those who see jail as "pay" for their actions, he served his time. 

You also make a very acceptable point as to why you do not support Dungy, in general.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

ud:

Like the song says: ".....this is a story of love and compassion only heroes can tell..."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Not half as eloquent as you B, but my basic issue is people throwing sh*t (and I am not talking message board smack talk) against a wall just to see if it sticks. 

Ol Ghost throws his dung and then presses ignore when when questioned about it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"I am fine that he is sticking up for Vick. Vick's crime was bad, but some people are reacting like he is worthless as a person. Just maybe he realized he did something wrong." - Z

Well if he realized that he did something wrong then why has he shown no remorse for his actions what so ever? Dungy can speak out for him all he wants but Dungy saying he is sorry and Vick saying he is sorry are two different things. Vick has not made any public statements or press conferences or anything what so ever. He has done nothing to support your claim that he might have realized that what he did was wrong. Daunte Stallworth shows real remorse for a horrible mistake that he made and he gets suspended for a year for staining the NFL name but Vick does what he did and shows absolutly no remorse what so ever and he can play? Yea one guy killed a human and the other killed animals but for one Vick premeditated his crimes, it was a well thought out criminal entrerprise and he lied to the investigaters and Stallworth made a mistake, he did not plan on hurting anyone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

My friend MVP-always thoughtful and fair (a rare combination in Pats Nation) Even when we disagree it's all cool. Actually, yes, Bellichick is a member of the Parcells Tree and, truth be told, he is the best coach of his generation. If you go in order-based on a variety of factors and here is always room for argument, i would say this:

60's best coach: Lombardi
    70's: Noll
    80's: Walsh
    90's: Shanahan (debatable)
    00's: Bellichick

Agree?

I would agree the only thingi would change is Jimmy Johnson was the coach of the 90's.

Sections
Shortcuts