Flacco Agent: Ravens Are Dumb!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Flacco Agent: Ravens Are Dumb!!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9313075/joe-flacco-agent-joe-linta-baltmore-ravens-made-dumb-move-2012

And people here mock BB as a GM...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

Re: Flacco Agent: Ravens Are Dumb!!!

only dumb people

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Are they really? Would Flacco have played his rump off in the post-season if he was sitting on a fat new contract?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Are they really? Would Flacco have played his rump off in the post-season if he was sitting on a fat new contract?

You really think Flacco played lights out during the post-season because he was on a contract year? I think people are putting too much stock on Flacco's recent post-season success, without analizing the team's he played against (eg..secondaries) From what I can remember before Talib got injured Flacco wasn't doing much against the pats..and the Bronco's secondary blew that game away...I believe he got the contract he did because there aren't too many QB's out there from which the Ravens can choose and feel confident about...They were going to over-pay him regardless...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

You are correct in that, no way he would have layed it all out if he was post-contract. Not so much that he is playing for money, don't think so. He wants to believe and also have everone else believe he is a top 5 QB. The contract would have partially validated that and he would have relaxed a bit.

I think he might be a top 10 QB but will struggle for awhile before he shows something again. He seemed to have this Eli thing going in the playoffs where he could just chuck the ball up in the air and his recievers, Smith, Bolden, Pitta would grab it. Huge difference from Brady in the past few years where he had to be within inches to make completions. Look for big interception numbers next year from him just as when the magic wore off for Eli, his interception numbers went through the roof.*

*did 42and46 give up on policing the board and defending his hero?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to leonardo0110's comment:

You really think Flacco played lights out during the post-season because he was on a contract year? I think people are putting too much stock on Flacco's recent post-season success, without analizing the team's he played against (eg..secondaries) From what I can remember before Talib got injured Flacco wasn't doing much against the pats..and the Bronco's secondary blew that game away...I believe he got the contract he did because there aren't too many QB's out there from which the Ravens can choose and feel confident about...They were going to over-pay him regardless...

Yes, almost any QB could have had sucess with his recievers..against those secondaries but still, the contract would have taken his edge off a bit...certainly the difference between winning and losing in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think examples of guys playing like their life depended on it vs simply punching the clock are plentiful regarding their contract situation. Whether this would have been the case with Flacco we will never know. But the odds greatly favor him letting it all hang out in a contract year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Baltimore finished their regular season on a 1-4 bender, and it counted for them.  They'll struggle to make the playoffs next year because they ran out of free agent money.  Best guess, Pittsburgh wins the AFC North. 

Lately there's a parade of teams doing half-lousy at the end of the regular season, getting red hot during the playoffs, then collapsing next year.  I wonder whether the NFL playoffs are fixed.  Maybe a billion dollars in gambling money is wagered and so taking a cool $100m is a snap, if an enterprising mobster can swing it.  Beats robbing a bank.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

who won the sb again last year?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Was anyone, apparently including Baltimore sold on Flacco as a guy who could win the SB prior to this year? If Baltimore did not get lucky against Denver on that botched pass play, does that save Balt $20-$40 million?

I think Balt rolled the dice correctly. Flacco came up all Aces. Balt will renegotiate Flacco down the road. They won the SB. 

IMO the dummy is the agent. Agents should never be heard. Make the best deal, get your commission and move on. This agent will have to deal with the Ravens again with Flacco, as well as other players and other teams. No team wants to deal with an agent thru the mEdia. Nothing gained by the agent by speaking out on topic other than looking foolish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Was anyone, apparently including Baltimore sold on Flacco as a guy who could win the SB prior to this year? If Baltimore did not get lucky against Denver on that botched pass play, does that save Balt $20-$40 million?

I think Balt rolled the dice correctly. Flacco came up all Aces. Balt will renegotiate Flacco down the road. They won the SB. 

IMO the dummy is the agent. Agents should never be heard. Make the best deal, get your commission and move on. This agent will have to deal with the Ravens again with Flacco, as well as other players and other teams. No team wants to deal with an agent thru the mEdia. Nothing gained by the agent by speaking out on topic other than looking foolish.

Well said. Flacco went on probably the best post season run I've ever seen, there was a point during that Super Bowl where you could just tell that he was not going to be beat. I got the same feeling from Aaron Rodgers a few years ago...just perfect throws under pressure...a guy that was in the zone.

Earlier in the season Flacco was considered by most to be a QB that might not even crack the top ten of QB's in the league. There is a very real chance that he will not ever play like he did during that run again. This agent (and Flacco) will be sitting across the table from the Ravens soon enough...I can't picture those negotiations going smoothly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

BB's made the same mistake Flacco's agent says the Ravens made, so not sure what your comment's for. Wilfork and Mankins sound fimiliar? How about not resigning Welker the year after his knee injury after he proved he could still play instead of waiting the contract out then tagging him after? It has started to change (re-upping Mayo, Gronk, Hern before their rook contracts are up) but BB's old MO was damn the re-up, let the contract completely run out before starting talks and paying tomorrows prices when he could of paid todays. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

The O-line for the Ravens, played absolutely fantastic throughout the Play-offs. Not much was said about it, and never is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

You are correct in that, no way he would have layed it all out if he was post-contract. Not so much that he is playing for money, don't think so. He wants to believe and also have everone else believe he is a top 5 QB. The contract would have partially validated that and he would have relaxed a bit.

I think he might be a top 10 QB but will struggle for awhile before he shows something again. He seemed to have this Eli thing going in the playoffs where he could just chuck the ball up in the air and his recievers, Smith, Bolden, Pitta would grab it. Huge difference from Brady in the past few years where he had to be within inches to make completions. Look for big interception numbers next year from him just as when the magic wore off for Eli, his interception numbers went through the roof.*

*did 42and46 give up on policing the board and defending his hero?

no i really don't have to defend a 2X SB MVP- i may feel i have to from time to time and i have done so but i don't need to - those accomplishments speak for themselves

besides i understand the rancor and snide comments; after all did the Jews love the Egyptians?

it is hard to be fair to your conquerors  

Kiss

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Nothing gained by the agent by speaking out on topic other than looking foolish.

I hear the agent saying, "Sign with me and I'll rip off a (dumb) owner for you too.  I'm good and I can take full advantage of these (stupid) owners for you."  The guy is advertising to potential NFL players far and wide that he can take an OK but not spectacular quarterback and get him a $120 million contract, with numbers as good as Tom Brady.

On rare occasions a team such as the Patriots will refuse to deal with a really hardball agent.  They won't draft a guy who signs with a hardball agent.  Otherwise the agents can say what they want and it doesn't affect negotiations much. 

Trying to round up players to represent is a different kettle of fish.  No clients, no income.  Double your client base, double your income.   This agent has a good story to tell and he's broadcasting it. 

They were NEVER going to give Welker a second long term deal.

Jonathan Kraft knew what Welker, an old guy, would be worth to the team.  The rest of us should have known that any Patriot free agent is automatically worth 2 or 3 times as much to someone else, because of the Patriots mystique.  Welker's agent certainly knew this.  In the end Welker and his agent decided that putting Denver's extra cold hard cash in the bank was better than getting a few more shots at a ring with New England.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Nothing gained by the agent by speaking out on topic other than looking foolish.

I hear the agent saying, "Sign with me and I'll rip off a (dumb) owner for you too.  I'm good and I can take full advantage of these (stupid) owners for you."  The guy is advertising to potential NFL players far and wide that he can take an OK but not spectacular quarterback and get him a $120 million contract, with numbers as good as Tom Brady.

On rare occasions a team such as the Patriots will refuse to deal with a really hardball agent.  They won't draft a guy who signs with a hardball agent.  Otherwise the agents can say what they want and it doesn't affect negotiations much. 

Trying to round up players to represent is a different kettle of fish.  No clients, no income.  Double your client base, double your income.   This agent has a good story to tell and he's broadcasting it. 

They were NEVER going to give Welker a second long term deal.

Jonathan Kraft knew what Welker, an old guy, would be worth to the team.  The rest of us should have known that any Patriot free agent is automatically worth 2 or 3 times as much to someone else, because of the Patriots mystique.  Welker's agent certainly knew this.  In the end Welker and his agent decided that putting Denver's extra cold hard cash in the bank was better than getting a few more shots at a ring with New England.

rather than bother to refute the unbelievable combination of arrogance and ignorance that is presented here it's better and more apt just to sum it all up this way:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Well, tried to warn here. 

They're running a huge risk and Ozzie Newsome totally blew it. 1 million dollars was the difference under the previous negotiations.  If it was reported that BB did that, and then lost leverage with a Brady deal? Oh my.

Where are all the hypocrites who have been drooling over Ozzie Newsome recently? LMAO

oh no- you back again?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Well, tried to warn here. 

They're running a huge risk and Ozzie Newsome totally blew it. 1 million dollars was the difference under the previous negotiations.  If it was reported that BB did that, and then lost leverage with a Brady deal? Oh my.

Where are all the hypocrites who have been drooling over Ozzie Newsome recently? LMAO

oh no- you back again?

Woooooo wooooooo. Pull over buddy.  Time for a ticket!

Sections
Shortcuts