Flacco Guarantees a Win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Flacco Guarantees a Win

Buzzard QB Joe Flacco took a page out of Joe Namath's book, saying, "We have a great team, and nobody can beat us!": http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-we-feel-like-we-are-a-great-team-and-nobody-can-beat-us-joe-flacco-says-20130118,0,7568739.story

The Buzzards must fall!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Re: Flacco Guarantees a Win

Way to go JOE!!!The pats best days are in their rearview mirror. Way back like 10-12 years ago.Brady played himself right out of MVP contention late in the year and the pats defense is RIPE for the picking!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Buzzard QB Joe Flacco took a page out of Joe Namath's book, saying, "We have a great team, and nobody can beat us!": http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-we-feel-like-we-are-a-great-team-and-nobody-can-beat-us-joe-flacco-says-20130118,0,7568739.story

The Buzzards must fall!!

Cool. Let's see if he has the fortitude to back it up!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Let's see this worked for Thomlinson and that dback from pittsburgh too.... Oh never mind it didn't work then... It won't work this time either.

Brady comes out more relaxed and executes knows he has a d that can back him up if he is not perfect

Is it Sunday night yet????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

That's a dopey thing to say by Flacco. 

I'm getting more and more confident that we're going to bury these guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

That's a dopey thing to say by Flacco. I'm getting more and more confident that we're going to bury these guys.

Sunday night can't come soon enough. The barbarians are at the gate! Pour it on 'em, Pats!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

While I'm not entirely certain that saying "nobody can beat us" is exactly guaranteeing a win -- teams "beat themselves" all the time -- give Falco credit for saying exactly what any reasonable person would be expected to say.

I'm actually getting tired of combatting Ravens honk with reality. We all know this team was garbage down the stretch and parlayed a fast start and Ben Roethlisberger's injury into a division crown it probably didn't deserve . . .   and then went to Denver and took advantage of Peyton Manning's Brett Favre imitation . . .

But seriously . . .

It's over.

The clock strikes midnight at 6:30 p.m. (5:30 Central).

It's enough already.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

While I'm not entirely certain that saying "nobody can beat us" is exactly guaranteeing a win -- teams "beat themselves" all the time -- give Falco credit for saying exactly what any reasonable person would be expected to say.

I'm actually getting tired of combatting Ravens honk with reality. We all know this team was garbage down the stretch and parlayed a fast start and Ben Roethlisberger's injury into a division crown it probably didn't deserve . . .   and then went to Denver and took advantage of Peyton Manning's Brett Favre imitation . . .

But seriously . . .

It's over.

The clock strikes midnight at 6:30 p.m. (5:30 Central).

It's enough already.

3:30 west. 29 hours and counting. Go Pats!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to xBruzer77's comment:

x 2!

Cant wait!  Have no idea how I will make it until game time!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I was surprised by the errors in kick coverage last week.  We do need to get that taken care of this week.  Don't want to see Gostkowski making a lot of tackles again.   So, yeah, Slater is important. So is lane discipline. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I was surprised by the errors in kick coverage last week.  We do need to get that taken care of this week.  Don't want to see Gostkowski making a lot of tackles again.   So, yeah, Slater is important. So is lane discipline. 

Ditto prolate.  They'd beter not let that happen.  One thing we don't ned is easy points for the crows.  BTW are you a Canadian like me?  Argo fan? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You know . . .   it's a funny thing . . .   everybody talks about  how the coaching and "preparation" nod is almost always going to go to Belichick, but it looked for all the world last Sunday that Houston might be able to ride utterly pathetic special teams to competitiveness in a game it was really . . .   you know . . .   in.

Of course, Matt Schaub made sure no such thing would occur . . .  but the Ravens ain't the Texans and -- as much as I like to ridicule him -- Pete Falco has been here before.

If the Pats decide they don't need to try in any particular aspect of the game (special teams, or . . .  whatever) all my bold predictions are going to be wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

Way to go JOE!!!The pats best days are in their rearview mirror. Way back like 10-12 years ago.Brady played himself right out of MVP contention late in the year and the pats defense is RIPE for the picking!

Didn't catch the sarcasm, my bad! :)

Uh......what? You are off your meds dude.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

I think I didn't catch the sarcasm, sorry JRABBB!!! :)

Uh......what? You are off your meds dude.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

missed sarcasm my bad! :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Patriots' best days were in the year 2000? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I hope the Pats beat them and beat them good, if Brady has a good game the Patriots win handedly! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Like I say, people say these things to try and gain some extra motivation to not look like a complete fool because of their remarks. The downside of that is that if the extra motivation falls short and you lose, you look like a fool.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ultpatfan's comment:

Ditto prolate.  They'd beter not let that happen.  One thing we don't ned is easy points for the crows.  BTW are you a Canadian like me?  Argo fan? 

American (New Englander) by birth, but in the Toronto-area now and working on becoming a dual Canadian-American.  Have become a big Argos fan since moving here.  Would be nice to see both my football teams win championships this year!  Last time the Argos won before this year was 2004.  Last time the Pats won was also 2004.  Could that be an omen?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

TO FLACCO FROM THE PATRIOT D

Atomic bomb mushroom cloud explosion

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to xBruzer77's comment:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

x 2!

Cant wait!  Have no idea how I will make it until game time!

------------------------------------------------------------------

I would hope that to mitigate your impatience that, at least, in the previous 3 hours you would be watching the Pats' next opponent, the 49ers beat the Falcons. Nope, I don't guarantee it as I don't want to be like Flacco. A little humility does not infer weakness or fear. I really want a Pat-49ers superbowl.

Flacco is obviously trying to motivate his teammates but his overbearing confidence might be like a boxer who is truly hurt by a punch, starts smiling and he is really fearful of losing. His comments might backfire & P-Off the 49ers and motivate them more !!!  Just Saying !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Do you mean the defense that gave up fewer points than the vaunted Ravens' defense? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Yes that defense and your Qb's subpar play against the Ravens over the years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Yes that defense and your Qb's subpar play against the Ravens over the years.

What's his record against the Ravens?  (I'll save you the trouble of looking it up: it's 5-2.)  Count on the Ravens to do something to mess up at the end of the game.  They always do. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Like I say, people say these things to try and gain some extra motivation to not look like a complete fool because of their remarks. The downside of that is that if the extra motivation falls short and you lose, you look like a fool.

And again, it's been my experience that when people go around saying things like "no one can beat us, or guaranteeing a win (as Anquan Bolden did earlier in the week)", it's usually because, deep down, they have their doubts...and are trying to convince themselves that they can do it.

The quiet ones are the dangerous ones. They tend to truly believe. They already know they can do it. But, they also realize that preparation, not talk, is what leads to success.  

Sections
Shortcuts