Flacco Guarantees a Win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Flacco Guarantees a Win

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Like I say, people say these things to try and gain some extra motivation to not look like a complete fool because of their remarks. The downside of that is that if the extra motivation falls short and you lose, you look like a fool.

And again, it's been my experience that when people go around saying things like "no one can beat us, or guaranteeing a win (as Anquan Bolden did earlier in the week)", it's usually because, deep down, they have their doubts...and are trying to convince themselves that they can do it.

Sure. That's much akin to what I'm saying. They have doubts so they talk big to try to call upon a sense of desperation to motivate them to better play to save themselves from their would be self imposed embarrassment in order to fill the confidence gap their likely legitimate doubts grew.

It's a motivation gimmick, much like the "win it for Ray" thing is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

This was a far cry from "I guarantee it", but if it helps with pumping the good guys up (Pats) so be it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

This was a far cry from "I guarantee it", but if it helps with pumping the good guys up (Pats) so be it.

How so? The clown says, "Nobody can beat us!" Doesn't that imply him guaranteeing a win this Sunday? His WR, Anquan Bolden, has already done the same thing...as has Ray Rice.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

What does anyone expect him to say - "aw, we got a really good team, but the Pats are nearly unbeatable and we probably won't be able to get it done?"  He's confident, he should be - heck, he better be.  If you poured truth serem down Brady's gullet, he'd say something similar.  Here's the thing:  TB's done it many times, he don't have to "sing it" anymore.  Flacco's been close, but not quite there - he's decided to "sing it."  Who do you think will "bring it?"  I think we all know that answer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

These pronouncements are always the same. Some guy says we can,t lose and the media runs with it. Sad reality is he can,t say he,s. going to lose to the media . Doesn't. Matter if you,re Brady  or Flacco you always say you,re going  to win....even if logically only one team can win.....and I,ve wasted another post.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

How so? The clown says, "Nobody can beat us!" Doesn't that imply him guaranteeing a win this Sunday? His WR, Anquan Bolden, has already done the same thing...as has Ray Rice.   

The actual quote is “I think we feel like we are a great team and nobody can beat us". 

Nope that's not the same thing as a guarantee.  Even the Baltimore Sun reporter who would gain an advantage in selling the story sees the difference in his first line.

This kind of thing probably gets Pats fans stoked up but I'm pretty confident it doesn't cause much of a stir in the locker room.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

this is a non story, flacco has every right to be confident. he got his team to the afc championship and his team were heavy underdogs last week. should be a good game, hopefully pats execute down the stretch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Nothing wrong with having confidence in your team.  But, saying "nobody can beat us", is more than a bit of confidence.  It is like throwing down the gauntlet to prove it wrong. We shall see in about 28 hours, won't we?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Nothing wrong with having confidence in your team.  But, saying "nobody can beat us", is more than a bit of confidence.  It is like throwing down the guantlet to prove it wrong. We shall see in about 28 hours, won't we?

yea it does come off a bit arrogant i guess, but id want my qb to be very confident leading into the game. both teams think they cant be beaten and both will come out with a ton of energy. the pats dont say anything at all to the media, but im sure they feel just as confident as mr. flacco does.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

Way to go JOE!!!The pats best days are in their rearview mirror. Way back like 10-12 years ago.Brady played himself right out of MVP contention late in the year and the pats defense is RIPE for the picking!

you don't know much about the patriots. it happens all the time though. if you watch the NFL Channel or some of the dudes on ESPN they say the same kind of things about the Patriots and are always wrong. Watch them this Sunday, if you are not a fan already I guarentee that you will be after the game and seeing them win. The Patriots are humble and low key, that's why you don't hear much about how good they really are. Their best years are actually ahead of them, they are the 2nd youngest team in the NFL and their defense has greatly improved. Watch the Patriots on Sunday and enjoy, you will be impressed!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I was surprised by the errors in kick coverage last week.  We do need to get that taken care of this week.  Don't want to see Gostkowski making a lot of tackles again.   So, yeah, Slater is important. So is lane discipline. 

Gostkowski doesn't want to make a lot of tackles either   The last one cost him 15 K.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I really hope guys like Wilfork and Spikes are being fueled by this stuff and come out tomorrow and absolutely crush this sad sack of a QB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

In response to ultpatfan's comment:

I was surprised by the errors in kick coverage last week.  We do need to get that taken care of this week.  Don't want to see Gostkowski making a lot of tackles again.   So, yeah, Slater is important. So is lane discipline. 

Ditto prolate.  They'd beter not let that happen.  One thing we don't ned is easy points for the crows.  BTW are you a Canadian like me?  Argo fan? 

American (New Englander) by birth, but in the Toronto-area now and working on becoming a dual Canadian-American.  Have become a big Argos fan since moving here.  Would be nice to see both my football teams win championships this year!  Last time the Argos won before this year was 2004.  Last time the Pats won was also 2004.  Could that be an omen?

Let's hope so....!  Lots of Pats fans in Ontario, I'm finding.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The actual quote is “I think we feellike we are a great team and nobody can beat us".

SRESPONSE: Stop it! You know what he really means...and how he really feels. To a man, the Ravens hate the Patriots, and don't respect them. They feel that the Pats are a soft, finesse team, who were lucky to beat them last year. He changed a few words around only to thinly veil his feelings.

Nope that's not the same thing as a guarantee.  Even the Baltimore Sun reporter who would gain an advantage in selling the story sees the difference in his first line.

RESPONSE: Of cpurse he does...LOL!!!

This kind of thing probably gets Pats fans stoked up but I'm pretty confident it doesn't cause much of a stir in the locker room.

RESPONSE: Wanna bet? The media has been bad-mouthing Brady all week, saying how Flacco has outplayed him in the last three meetings between the teams. Other Ravens have been trash-talking since the Pats earned their spot in the title game, with their win over the Texans. Flacco is doing the same. I'm confident that Tom and the Pats will have an appropriate response.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Like I say, people say these things to try and gain some extra motivation to not look like a complete fool because of their remarks. The downside of that is that if the extra motivation falls short and you lose, you look like a fool.

If they need to pump themselves up with comments like that, its already a problem.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Assuming Ghost does not miss average-distance FGs, I have no doubt ST play will be good this week.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Did people even read the article? The opening line is "Joe Flacco didn't exactly channel his inner Joe Namath".

The actually quote about was, "I think we feel like we are a great team and nobody can beat us."  That is hardly guaranteeing a win? 

Yawn... lamest thread ever. I thought Flacco actually said something of note. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I think that Gostkowski horse-collar tackle was the best 15-yd penalty I ever saw anyone take.  He saved a touchdown.  I hope he got a pat on the back on the sidelines for that one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:

I think that Gostkowski horse-collar tackle was the best 15-yd penalty I ever saw anyone take.  He saved a touchdown.  I hope he got a pat on the back on the sidelines for that one.

Yeah, but nothing will ever beat Vinatieri running down Herschel Walker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WooPp3UVCp8

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

I just can't wait for their last dance which is today!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Did people even read the article? The opening line is "Joe Flacco didn't exactly channel his inner Joe Namath".

The actually quote about was, "I think we feel like we are a great team and nobody can beat us."  That is hardly guaranteeing a win? 

Yawn... lamest thread ever. I thought Flacco actually said something of note. 

Sure...if you're too dense to read between the lines as to what he really is saying, you can look at it his statement, in the manner that you are...LOL!!

Throughout this season, the Buzzards have maintained that the Pats' were lucky to beat them, in last years' title game. Heck, they're still making references to "spygate". They see the Patriots as a soft, finesse team, that relies on "gimmicks". Anquan Bolden and Ray Rice previously stated the the Ravens would win...and now, this flack from Flacco. 

Thank God it's Sunday! The chirping ends, soon...except for the obligatory Ravens' excuses made after the game. The only thing that the Buzzards will be flying over tonight is the career of their Reverend Ike wanna be leader, Ray Lewis.  

Sections
Shortcuts