Flacco MVP...But Bolden Should Have Been

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Flacco MVP...But Bolden Should Have Been

Joe Flacco played well...but Anquan Boldin made a ton of big plays when needed. The 49ers had no answers for him...just as was the case with the Patriots, after Aqib Talib got hurt:  http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330203025 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: Flacco MVP...But Bolden Should Have Been

Flacco was the correct call.  And Boldin dropped an easy crossing pattern in the RZ that might have been his 2nd TD.    Flacco's numbers win SB MVP every time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

3 TD and 0 picks, Flacco has to get it...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Can't argue with that TexPat. The man demonstrated that he can go up and get the ball when closely covered and Joe knew where to throw it. He also knows when to get out of bounds.

Keep up your good work.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Go back to SB 36, Brady got MVP....Realistically it should have been Antwoin Smith, he had a very quiet 92 yards rushing...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Tiebreaker goes to the QB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

There was no tie.  If Boldin doesn't drop an easy cross for a 1st down in the RZ they don't have to go for the fake FG.  He may have even scored.  MVPs don't drop passes like that.  Flacco was an easy MVP choice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

There was no tie.  If Boldin doesn't drop an easy cross for a 1st down in the RZ they don't have to go for the fake FG.  He may have even scored.  MVPs don't drop passes like that.  Flacco was an easy MVP choice.

Tom Brady threw an INT in Super Bowl 37 in the endzone and still won MVP.

1 dropped pass doesn't cost you an MVP

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Really??? Was Brady playing for Tampa because they won SB 37....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Really??? Was Brady playing for Tampa because they won SB 37....

Typo. Calm down. The two keys are right next to each other.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I assume you mean SB 38.  Right?  The game when Brady threw for 354 yards (before the new PI rules).  Tell me who your MVP would have been.  This should be good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I assume you mean SB 38.  Right?  The game when Brady threw for 354 yards (before the new PI rules).  Tell me who your MVP would have been.  This should be good.

This is just reinforcing what I said. You said MVP's don't make plays like a dropped pass. Pretty sure an INT is worse than a dropped pass.

In other words, Boldin was worthy of an MVP despite his mistake...Just like Brady was worthy despite his mistake.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

This is just reinforcing what I said. You said MVP's don't make plays like a dropped pass. Pretty sure an INT is worse than a dropped pass.

In other words, Boldin was worthy of an MVP despite his mistake...Just like Brady was worthy despite his mistake.

So you offered no other MVP for SB 38. 

In this game Flacco made no serious mistake and passed for 3 TDs.  Boldin had a bad drop.  I'm sure it wasn't a close vote.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In this game Flacco made no serious mistake and passed for 3 TDs.  Boldin had a bad drop.  I'm sure it wasn't a close vote.

Deion Branch had an MVP caliber game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I'll give you that.  He did.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Vrabel also had 2 sacks, a forced fumble, and a TD catch.

But that's not my point. Point is, I thought Boldin made a ton of outstanding plays that made him a good candidate. One drop shouldn't take away all the good he did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

But that's not my point. Point is, I thought Boldin made a ton of outstanding plays that made him a good candidate. One drop shouldn't take away all the good he did.

As of right now an ESPN poll has Flacco as the correct MVP by 72% of fans without even naming anyone else.  IOW against the rest of the field.  

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/8912341/joe-flacco-mvp-performance

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

As of right now an ESPN poll has Flacco as the correct MVP by 72% of fans without even naming anyone else.  IOW against the rest of the field.  

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/8912341/joe-flacco-mvp-performance

I never said Flacco didn't deserve the MVP. I said Boldin was MVP caliber and was tied with Flacco...so by transitive property I thought Flacco was MVP caliber too.

I have no problem with Flacco winning it, he played great. But I do believe in a tie situation, a QB will always win. I don't know who voted, but I do know it's open to the fans...and casual fans are more likely to recognize a QB over a WR

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I thought Flacco was the right choice. The guy played lights out all playoffs. No pun intended...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bolden played great but Flacco was the MVP. All the Ravens receivers made big plays, not just Bolden. Flacco got it done. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I think you can make a solid argument for Bolden but I can't quarrel with Flacco being MVP of that game.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's a team game.  Hard (and maybe stupid) to pick one guy.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

The LB Bowman was there to make the play. Like Simms said, it would have made it 5 yards closer to score. I've never seen two such physical TEs in a SB like this. Davis being the other.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I just thank god Ray Lewis did not win it!!! Talk about a guy who did nothing the whole game IMHO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

People also forget what Jones did in that game. That deserves some credit. Flacco is the MVP though.

Sections
Shortcuts