Flacco or Rice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Flacco or Rice

We know BB takes away the opponents strength. Looking at how both Flacco and Rice have recently played, do the PATs focus on stopping the run first and make Flacco beat us? Flaccohas tossed the ball pretty good as of late.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Flacco or Rice

In response to PATSthebest's comment:

We know BB takes away the opponents strength. Looking at how both Flacco and Rice have recently played, do the PATs focus on stopping the run first and make Flacco beat us? Flaccohas tossed the ball pretty good as of late.

Our defense has always been about stopping the run first and foremost.  Hence the size of our LBs.  There are not many QBs that can win without any help from the run game and I don't think Flacco is one of them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You have to take Rice and put the ball in Flacco's hands. Flacco tends to have 1 great playoff game in his belt but he's always hit or miss, Rice is consistent. If I had to choice you take away the consistent player and force Flacco to beat you with his arm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

I think the Ravens try and test Talib and the secondary first to set up Rice. They know they need 30+ to win and I don't think they do it on Rice's back in NE.

Flacco has had success against us in the air and they know we are built to stop the run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Lately, the Ravens have been going for the long pass play a lot!  If anything, this is an invitation to get some PI calls against the Pats given their aggressiveness.  Bolden has been a beast lately going up for and catching the ball on some amazing plays.  Rice has not been as much of a factor as he could have been and the way the Ravens have been using him, going with the formula to have Rice get at least 20 touches a game, has been inconsistent.  The game against the Broncos was a rare game in which both players did well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Stop Rice and win, prepare for those ugly lob passes and you stop Flachole. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Will need to stop rice and pierce.   They use them booth and pierce has played pretty well 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

1.  Stop Rice

2.  Stop the deep ball

3.  Make Flacco move the ball with short and intermediate passes

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Stop Rice and win, prepare for those ugly lob passes and you stop Flachole. 

Flachole?? Bwahahaha, that is great!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

I think the Ravens try and test Talib and the secondary first to set up Rice. They know they need 30+ to win and I don't think they do it on Rice's back in NE.

Flacco has had success against us in the air and they know we are built to stop the run.

I agree. Look out for the deep ball. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Take away the threat of Torrey Smith going long.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'd rather the Pats make Flacco beat them than allow Rice to get going.  Flacco is not a tomato can QB.  He can get flustered but even Brady gets flustered when under pressure.  The Pats will have to find a way to bring pressure while accounting for Ray Rice's abilities.  If they get Rice going the Pats secondary will give up some big plays.  I see the Ravens more than covering the spread, I expect a very close game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rice ran for 101 yards last time we played them, on 20 carries.

Not that the first game means much but:

Flacco threw for 382 yds, 3 TD, 1 int.  9.8 yrd. avg, QBR - 93.2

Rice 101 yds, 5.1 per carry, 1 TD

Let Rice have 101 yds, do not let Flacco throw for 382. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Stop Rice/Pitta.

The deep ball develops when they get too many people scrambling after Rice. 

If you can contain him, and get a lead, then you force Flacco to make tight throws instead of lobbing it downfield and letting his speedsters grab it. 

If you come out, conceding underneath space to Rice, he will cut your heart out. Lest we forget, Rice can take it to the house. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Talib 1 on 1, safety help on the other side, stack the box and move MAyo around on blitz's so Flacco doesn't have time to chuck the ball down field

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Rice ran for 101 yards last time we played them, on 20 carries.

Not that the first game means much but:

Flacco threw for 382 yds, 3 TD, 1 int.  9.8 yrd. avg, QBR - 93.2

Rice 101 yds, 5.1 per carry, 1 TD

Let Rice have 101 yds, do not let Flacco throw for 382. 

Except Rice has 101yd games all the time Flacco is the outlyer here. Those stats are not the norm for Flacco, so if it had to roll the dice I'd say it's much more likely Flacco doesn't put up those numbers again than Rice puts up 101yds

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

We average 35 points a game and have a stout front D line. If the D line and Brady do business as usualy Rice doesn't get 36 points. I'm not saying don't pay attention to him, I 'm suggesting we don't let Flacco get the ball down field. 

Sections
Shortcuts