Flacco outperforms Brady... how?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: Flacco outperforms Brady... how?

In response to agcsbill's comment:

I really meant to say:  How HAS Flacco OUTPERFORMED Brady as everyone has been saying given the numbers.

Is someone going to bite?

I don't know about the game earlier this season as I did not get to see it. I don't remember a bunch about it.

...but in last years AFCCG? You can't be serious. Brady was awful, dreadful in that game. When Brady, a man of ultimate confidence, makes it a point to find Mr Kraft and say sorry and promise that he will play better in the SB, then goes on the MIC and professes I sucked today(or something like that, don't remember exact quote and to lazy to look it up), then yes he got outplayed.

Frankly Flacco could have stunk himself and possibly still outplayed Brady in that particular game.

It wasn't his day and happens even to the great ones.

...and don't bring up the oh if this guy played against that thing and yada yada yada. That's petty and what quitters and whiners do  and not what competetors worry about. No excuses and you play the hand you're dealt and deal with it.

He had a bad day at the office and it happend to come at a poor time but the team moved on inspite of it.

As is always the case, if Brady plays well then I like our chances.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

I believe in a strong running game but Brady's importance to the Patriots is immense (please don't hijack this discussion into a run versus pass religious argument). Football Outsiders have a great metric called Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement (DYAR), which seems a more accurate relative valuation of a QB than QBR or DVOA.

DVOA measures the value of a QB to his team compared to his replacement value. In Brady's case, that would mostly be Ridley/Bolden/Woodhead/Vereen combo. So if Brady disappeared, you would have to redistribute his plays among his replacements. This very nicely adjusts a QB's raw performance into an adjusted performance, taking into account the team's replacement potential and opponents' defensive capabilities.

The following table shows where Brady and Flacco rank among the QBs. Not to over-simplify it but you could say Brady is worth over 6 times to the Pats what Flacco is worth to the Ravens. The opposite end of that argument, however, would be that Ravens are a better-balanced (run/pass, offense/defense) team than the Patriots, although the Patriots have improved on that score from 2011. Tom Terrific is just that - terrifically important to our team's fortunes.

Player

Team

DYAR

Rk

T.Brady

NE

P.Manning

DEN

D.Brees

NO

A.Rodgers

GB

M.Ryan

ATL

T.Romo

DAL

M.Stafford

DET

R.Wilson

SEA

E.Manning

NYG

B.Roethlisberger

PIT

R.Griffin

WAS

M.Schaub

HOU

C.Kaepernick

SF

C.Newton

CAR

A.Smith

SF

S.Bradford

STL

J.Flacco

BAL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Correction: Meant to say "DYAR Measures..." in the second paragraph. I was not able to edit the above.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

I believe in a strong running game but Brady's importance to the Patriots is immense (please don't hijack this discussion into a run versus pass religious argument). Football Outsiders have a great metric called Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement (DYAR), which seems a more accurate relative valuation of a QB than QBR or DVOA.

DVOA measures the value of a QB to his team compared to his replacement value. In Brady's case, that would mostly be Ridley/Bolden/Woodhead/Vereen combo. So if Brady disappeared, you would have to redistribute his plays among his replacements. This very nicely adjusts a QB's raw performance into an adjusted performance, taking into account the team's replacement potential and opponents' defensive capabilities.

The following table shows where Brady and Flacco rank among the QBs. Not to over-simplify it but you could say Brady is worth over 6 times to the Pats what Flacco is worth to the Ravens. The opposite end of that argument, however, would be that Ravens are a better-balanced (run/pass, offense/defense) team than the Patriots, although the Patriots have improved on that score from 2011. Tom Terrific is just that - terrifically important to our team's fortunes.

Player

Team

DYAR

Rk

T.Brady

NE

P.Manning

DEN

D.Brees

NO

A.Rodgers

GB

M.Ryan

ATL

T.Romo

DAL

M.Stafford

DET

R.Wilson

SEA

E.Manning

NYG

B.Roethlisberger

PIT

R.Griffin

WAS

M.Schaub

HOU

C.Kaepernick

SF

C.Newton

CAR

A.Smith

SF

S.Bradford

STL

J.Flacco

BAL

You needed some BS stats to tell you this? It's not painfully obvious?

When football outsiders, cold hard football facts, etc etc. starts predicting the SB winner 10 out of 10 times at the close of the regular season using all their fancy numbers and retires to a tropical island they just purchased with all their Vegas SB betting winnings then I will start to pay attention to them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

I really meant to say:  How HAS Flacco OUTPERFORMED Brady as everyone has been saying given the numbers.

I don't know about the game earlier this season as I did not get to see it. I don't remember a bunch about it.

...but in last years AFCCG? You can't be serious. Brady was awful, dreadful in that game. When Brady, a man of ultimate confidence, makes it a point to find Mr Kraft and say sorry and promise that he will play better in the SB, then goes on the MIC and professes I sucked today(or something like that, don't remember exact quote and to lazy to look it up), then yes he got outplayed.

Frankly Flacco could have stunk himself and possibly still outplayed Brady in that particular game.

...and don't bring up the oh if this guy played against that thing and yada yada yada. That's petty and what quitters and whiners do  and not what competetors worry about. No excuses and you play the hand you're dealt and deal with it.

He had a bad day at the office and it happend to come at a poor time but the team moved on inspite of it.

Glad to see your such a competitor you can admit to ther people's mistakes, very big of you.  We sure are lucky to have you here, where your tough talking opinions can win football games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Glad to see your such a competitor you can admit to ther people's mistakes, very big of you.  We sure are lucky to have you here.

Clearly you have a beef with me so not sure what that is but for whatever it is clearly can't be that big a deal. I certainly am not following your comment but I am a bit slow at times. You'll have to enlighten me.

What am I admitting to? I believe Brady to not only be the GOAT but also a stand-up guy. I do not even have to form an opinion on that AFCCG game is all I was saying. I have the mans own words. I accept them to be what he honeslty believes and was simply reminding people of what "he" said of "his" own play in that game.

In any case I hope you feel better for taking a shot at me. Its all good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

When football outsiders, cold hard football facts, etc etc. starts predicting the SB winner 10 out of 10 times at the close of the regular season using all their fancy numbers and retires to a tropical island they just purchased with all their Vegas SB betting winnings then I will start to pay attention to them.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your value-added comment! Next time, just don't read it and move along.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Thank you for your value-added comment! Next time, just don't read it and move along.

[/QUOTE]

You are right I wrote that a bit crass. Apologies. Just meant I believe we all feel that the Patriots go as TB goes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Glad to see your such a competitor you can admit to ther people's mistakes, very big of you.  We sure are lucky to have you here.

Clearly you have a beef with me so not sure what that is but for whatever it is clearly can't be that big a deal. I certainly am not following your comment but I am a bit slow at times. You'll have to enlighten me.

What am I admitting to? I believe Brady to not only be the GOAT but also a stand-up guy. I do not even have to form an opinion on that AFCCG game is all I was saying. I have the mans own words. I accept them to be what he honeslty believes and was simply reminding people of what "he" said of "his" own play in that game.

In any case I hope you feel better for taking a shot at me. Its all good.

I don't believe that your observations and opinions about a game you watched says anything about your toughness or anyone else's.

Maybe I'm just having a bad day. I apologize, I don't think you meant it that way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

You are right I wrote that a bit crass. Apologies. Just meant I believe we all feel that the Patriots go as TB goes.

[/QUOTE]

No harm done. We are all a bunch of passionate fans. Go Pats!!

Sections
Shortcuts