Flags for Colts!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Flags for Colts!

"maninud"

The "face guarding" PI call against Ellis Hobbs in the end zone in the 2006 AFCCG. As the NFL sent a letter to the Pats apologizing for the call, I would say this one is beyond subjective scrutiny of bulletin board denizens.

Yapple - 

They should also get rid of this thing about the line of scrimmage. Too confusing and just there to hinder a player from making a play. 

And just why can't anyone bring whatever equipment they want onto the field? We make the technology, we should be able to apply it in these situations. Laser guided trident? VTF* not?

* The moderators have actually put "W T F" (no spaces or quotes in the banned word list. Seriously.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I thought it stood for World Trade Fenter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

During 16-0 Run, Pats got plenty of calls.  I remember people complaining after the 2007 Pat/Ravens game, saying the league had a conspiracy to keep the Pats undefeated.  How did you all like that commentary?

I thought it was a rediculous assertion at the time.  Pats got their share of calls that year, but the calls were just magnified because the Pats capitalized when they got them and never lost.  

Like I said though, all winning teams get calls, or at least capitalize and take advantage when a call goes their way. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

During 16-0 Run, Pats got plenty of calls.  I remember people complaining after the 2007 Pat/Ravens game, saying the league had a conspiracy to keep the Pats undefeated.  How did you all like that commentary?

Sure. Which ones? I don't remember the conspiracy talk so you might actually have to give concrete examples.

The most significant non-call in that game was on the last play - Flacco's Hail Mary. The eventual receiver pulled and pushed the Pats defender not once, but twice, then fell just short of the goal line. No flag. If he fell into the end zone, that would have put the Ravens ahead. I was at the game, btw.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

Lol Enoch,

c'mon, c'mmmmmon, you "can't remember the conspiracy talk" in 2007?  Did you have your head buried in the sand?  Did you not remember Terrel Suggs throwing his helmet after the Pats/Ravens game?    How about the 4th down play on the Pats game winning drive that kept the drive alive?  There were so many calls that season that were borderline, but like I said, THEY ONLY SEEMED BIGGER BECAUSE THE PATS KEPT WINNING.  That's my entire point.  You don't hear about the same calls when it is the Browns v. Bucs.

Laststat;

In 2004 the Pats mugged the receivers, plain and simple.  I could have cared less who won that game, I just wanted to see a good game.  PI is PI period when another player tuggs a jersey or pushes a receiver before the ball gets there.  It's either defensive holding or PI.  Like I said, the rules haven't changed to my knowledge and I've been watching since about 1981.  That was a bs game period, and I wouldn't expect you to agree.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

What is with the chiding? I said I don't recall any conspiracy talk.  Apparently, you have nothing concrete, just vague inaccurate memories so stooping to chiding seems appropriate. Was it the Ravens who were saying this or you and your Indianapolis friends?

Bart Scott threw his helmet and picked up a flag and threw it into the stands DURING the game. Scott was penalized thirty yards on the ensuing kickoff and I believe there was another five thrown in. Gostkowski kicked off from the Ravens side of the field and I think he just missed putting it between the uprights, but it may have gone through. I really wasn't watching Suggs after the game. Really don't care what his reaction was. Gee, a player throws his helmet in a loss? That happens so rarely that it must mean they were talking about a conspiracy.

The 4th down play was Rex Ryan calling a timeout.  There was also a very clear PI called later towards the end zone. The guy didn't exactly tackle Watson, but had both hands on him pulling his shirt. Not exactly a phantom call. 

The truth of the matter is that the Ravens broke down in that game. They had the win and made several errors to give it up. The errors were blatant, not ticky-tack or even unseen by anyone but the ref.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Lastat, perhaps the Colts were moved out of the east because of the 5 teams, they were the only ones not in the east.  Here check out this map.  It'll help you not post stupid things.  http://maps.google.com/

So, the colts are more Southern than the Dolphins?

Polian lobbied to be part of the new division knowing the competition would need to catch up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

"Polian lobbied to be part of the new division knowing the competition would need to catch up."

That's a weird assertion, Root.  I think most Colt fans, myself included, certainly wanted to stay in the East, to continue the rivalry with the Dolphins.  Come to think of it, the whole "Polian complained to the league to change the PI rules" is a weird assertion too, and it's universally subscribed to around here.  If I were Polian I would have brought up the fact that receivers shouldn't be sexually assaulted in play-off games that year.  For God's sake, any application of the existing rules would have made the Colts competitive in that game.  Funny, the entire competition committee voted to make that a point of emphasis that year, and Y'all basterdize (spelling simply to get it past the censors) that to "Polian whined to the league".  Weird.  I wonder what you all think of the Brady Rule...?  Did BB whine to the league to make it illegal to look at a QB the wrong way?  Why can't I depict the situation that way?  If I wanted to, I'd say that BB knows your poosy QB can't take the NFL pounding so he whined to pass a rule making illegal to touch a QB...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I think most Colt fans, myself included, certainly wanted to stay in the East, to continue the rivalry with the Dolphins.

Jules, I think the colts organization demonstrated very clearly in Week 16 that what the fans want isn't relevant. Sorry to be so blunt, but they really need to make that up to you guys. 

I believe the issue with Polian is that he was on the Competition Committee at the time and it is widely believed (and I believe reported) that he pretty much demanded the emphasis based on the game. 

Now, I have no issue with the CC not having a rep from all concerned parties. It would likely be a useless entity with 32 or more members. But I would say that it when such discussion is brought up, it should 1. brought up by a team that would not so obviously benefit from such a rule emphasis change and 2. be a league wide issue in that all teams are affected by it. As the CC passed the emphasis, I would expect the majority of members concurred, but I have no idea about what type of politics are played there - Basically, does the CC play fair.

I have heard that Polian lobbied for the South so I am subscribing to rumor, but from what I have seen, I don't find it improbable that he did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Oh, great. Just what this board needs - another closeted Manning fan from Indiana.

Really, dude, "ColtsMan"? Why not just start singing show tunes?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Coltsman73 doesn't know that New England is not a state.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

We're talkin' a lotta years between when the Colts left the East and when the Colts eschewed the perfect season.  I don't personally give a rat's petutie about the perfect season.  It doesn't automatically make the Colts the best team ever if they won 19-0.  The '85 Bears are the best ever, and they got beaten at some point.  The '70s Steelers were next best IMHO. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

"During 16-0 Run, Pats got plenty of calls.  I remember people complaining after the 2007 Pat/Ravens game, saying the league had a conspiracy to keep the Pats undefeated.  How did you all like that commentary?
    I thought it was a rediculous assertion at the time.  Pats got their share of calls that year, but the calls were just magnified because the Pats capitalized when they got them and never lost
    ."

~Can't really argue with ManinCA's unbiased logic of not being a Fan of the Pats OR The Colts NOR His Historical Facts on The Patriot's Undefeated 2007 Regular Season on this one...  I mean look at The Colts Vs. The Patriots 2007 Matchup Alone:  Colts had 4 Penalties for a whopping 25 Yards which were called Against Their Team, while The Patriots had a pathetically tiny 10 Penalties for a mere 146 Total Penalty Yards called Against The Patriots.  I mean The Pats still won (due to the obviously biased conspiracy to keep them undefeated)...but when ManinCA is right, he's dead on (and with NO vested interest to boot)...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hooterdawg. Show hooterdawg's posts

it's fun to read this board. Same ol' whiny sore loser Pat fans. You are now reduced to being back on the bench watching the real contenders. Don't it just knaw at you that the J-E-T-S are getting all the publicity now, and their coach Ryan is being hailed as a brilliant motivator . Admit it: you even like Ryan better than your sourpuss. All that bad karma coming back to bite you - like that 59-0 licking you whupped on the poor Titans when they were already reeling. Yes, it's part of the Patriot tradition to whine about Manning and the Colts, It seems like only yesterday that you were bragging how much better Brady is in pressure games. Now? Not so much. It's sad to watch Brady in the twlite of his career. Or Belichick for that matter. In Belichick we trust? Now, not so much.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Whats' the over/under on penalties?

In order to beat Indy, the Jets must pressure Peyton, be able to run the ball, and be able to dodge the hail storm of yellow flags sure to be thrown in their direction.

If the Jets are able to overcome and win...this will be one of the greatest upsets in NFL history. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

What will the referees in Indy have up their sleeves this weekend? Remember the 2005 AFC title game? http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2294214

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

"If the Jets are able to overcome and win...this will be one of the greatest upsets in NFL history."

Interesting statement.  The Colts are only favored by 7.5 points.  The Chargers were favored by more last week - did that make last week's game one of the greatest upsets in NFL history?  You have a talent for hyperbole...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Weird.  I wonder what you all think of the Brady Rule...?  Did BB whine to the league to make it illegal to look at a QB the wrong way?

SSSSHHHHH don't let this guy know that the rules against hits on QB's (treating them like little ladies) actually went into effect BEFORE Brady was hurt.....
    In all Reality they are the Carson Palmer Rules.....

But that is okay- we know that the world hates Brady- because he not only plays well, but looks good... Unlike Peyton who plays well but looks like the back side of a camel during the rush hour in Abu Dabi.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I think the Jets need to rethink their blitz packages. Manning will beat them when he knows it is coming so they will need to disguise it better or give the appearance of total commitment and then drop back into the passing lane. Of course, getting to him would help, but that seems to be a pretty tough thing these days.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

First: 7/14/2008
    Last: 1/20/2010
    "If the Jets are able to overcome and win...this will be one of the greatest upsets in NFL history."

Interesting statement.  The Colts are only favored by 7.5 points.  The Chargers were favored by more last week - did that make last week's game one of the greatest upsets in NFL history?  You have a talent for hyperbole...

If it's hyperbole you're looking for, you can do a lot better than Tex, there Jules . . .  and the point he's trying to make is that San Dago is not under the protection of Johnny Zebra the way Baby Blue Stampede is.

Mark it down and wait for it.

Flags will decide this game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Oh come now, Jules. Does anybody really expect the Jets to win this game? Yes...the spread is only 7.5 points. But, that spread does not take into account the extra 7-10 points that the Colts are sure to pick up from favorable calls from the officials.

It would be quite a choke if the Colts lose this one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Nice dig TP - "If you say it enough, you will begin to believe it" - Rex Rayn. 

As I see it, the Jets faced 5 playoff teams this year and beat 4 of them.  The only team they have not beaten is on the road at New Orleans. 

By comparison, the Colts faced 4 playoff teams this year and beat 3 of them. 

Appears to me that maybe the Jets should be favored. 

Besides if you scour this board from the beginning of the season on, you will find it littered with posts from most people who think the Colts are not all that good.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I can only see as far as the horizon.

Appears to me that maybe the earth is flat.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg(g)....you stated the following: "As I see it, the Jets faced 5 playoff teams this year and beat 4 of them. The only team they have not beaten is on the road at New Orleans. By comparison, the Colts faced 4 playoff teams this year and beat 3 of them. Appears to me that maybe the Jets should be favored. RESPONSE: LOL!!!! Yeah Dogg(g). So, am I safe in assuming that you will be taking the points, and betting the farm on the Jets? Besides if you scour this board from the beginning of the season on, you will find it littered with posts from most people who think the Colts are not all that good. RESPONSE: The Colts, in and of themselves, are thought by some to be not that good. But, them, and their willing accomplices in striped shirts, are an awesome combo.