Flags for Colts!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Flags for Colts!

Jules,

Please. Basically what you are saying is that it is OK to hit the QB late if you wait long enough. That just isn't true.

Each official has a job to do. The referee, who lines up behind the offense has the responsibility on passing plays to focus on the QB and approaching defenders. He rules on roughing and late hits to the QB and whether or not a drop by the QB is a fumble or incomplete. That is his job. It isn't to watch where the ball went. It isn't to check his watch once the QB gets rid of the ball. On a pass, his job is to look for roughing. That this was so painfully obvious says he neglected to do his job.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I'm a little disappointed in the obligatory "Colts get all the calls" thread this week.  Here's the justification for the non-call for roughing the passer: the refs missed the call.  Not surprising since there'd be no reason for a ref to be watching the QB after he'd handed off...".

~Ha-ha-hahahah uhhh-ah...this is great stuff...lol, ha-ha man (eye-wipe).  Can't be The Indy Fan form of rationale-I hear ya though jules, The NFL should really run with your idea in order to make officiating changes in a positive light for the next season.  It's actually a pretty brilliant, and up until now-sadly overlooked notion on how the game really should be refereed-Instead of all the refs simply watching the ball-carrier as us fans do, Goodell can use this as a keynote catalyst in order to sometime in the distant future of this game, Assign certain officials that watch things other than the 1 person carrying the football...things like the lineman and line of scrimmage and possibly holding/late hits, etc., AND/OR Goodell can assign certain officials to keep on eye on the receivers vs the secondary with PIs/defensive route interference/offensive pics downfield...only then perhaps in the far off crazy future of the sport, these things might not get overlooked. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~Enoch...lol, just read your previous post after posting my similiar sentiments.  Same wave-length, you and I.  Lol, ha-haha ahhh, good stuff.  Seriously though, Officials really should be assigned different jobs than simply watching whoever has the ball at that particular second in time...really is an intriguing notion at how the sport could be better officiated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Maybe we need 8 more refs on the field so someone can see a colts penalty.  Or maybe the colts really don't commit penalties at the same clip other teams do.  

BTW - the colts did have a second penalty called that Ryan chose to decline.  

But answer me this -  how are you not going to call a false start when it happens - 2 of the penalties.  12 on the field when there are 12 on the field.  Facemask when its obvious.  Illegal contact when its obvious and holding if it happened?

Finally, how come no one is commenting on the Keller push off on his TD?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Sam - what call?  the one missed on Sanchez?  I agree they missed it, but the Jets hit a 19 yard throw on the following play for a 1st.  Didn't stop a drive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Hey dogg, why don't you hang out on a Colts forum.  Oh wait, you already are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Caraway - saw your other post like this.  LOL.  thanks for the love.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Wondering why Pats fans who want calls made correctly aren't banging the drum over the Keller push off on his touchdown catch.  As inexplicable as some of these people find the calls in favor of the colts, I find it equally inexplicable that they never see a call in favor of the colts opposition.  Guess that's what rose colored glasses will do for you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Interesting response to my post...I said it should have been called.  Not quite sure what "The Indy Fan form of rationale" is that's making you laugh so hard you have to wipe your eyes.  I didn't really espouse anything, I just stated an opinion on why that roughing call was missed, as refs would more likely to be watching the action.

At any rate, I'm still amused by the "Pat fan form of rationale", which is that there are always multiple poor calls in the favor of the Colts and none in the favor of their opponents.  Conveniently overlooking any poor calls in the favor of Colt opponents (I can't think of any this week, which I'm sure should amuse you), playing up any close calls which in your minds always fall in the Colts' favor, and whining your arses off when the refs do miss one in the Colts' favor is your regional pastime.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

"Julie:  I agree that the no-brainer RTP call probably didn't determine the outcome of the game.  And the face mask call was equally blatant.  But consider:  if Manning had been hit that hard and that late, do you think it would have been 'missed?'" 

I don't really think a ref was watching.  As Root mentions, the ref missed his assignment.  I don't see how that would have been different if it was Peyton getting hit.  Manning really hasn't gotten many of those "Brady Rule" calls or roughing the passer penalties this year.  And one thing he DOESN'T do is whine for the touch foul when someone lays a pinky on him (like a certain Pat poosie wearing #12).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

I yhink there is a differencew between not watching and ignoring... and the LATTER is what happened.... in SEVERAL plays that benefitted the colts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I don't really think a ref was watching.  As Root mentions, the ref missed his assignment.

Jules, to be sure, I did not say "missed". I said "neglected". I chose that word because I have no idea whether or not this was done volitionally or because he was distracted (and I hope it wasn't because he was watching the ball carrier. If he was, he should not be reffing any more playoff games. In my view, there is no way the head of an officiating crew should miss that call without some consequences from the league.)

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I just realized why the referee blew the late hit on Sanchez. He was doing his job all along. He was watching the quarterback. Unfortunately, he was watching Peyton.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Dogg is blind to anything realistic.....