Flags for Colts!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

Re: Flags for Colts!

Lstat:

I'm here because it is a good forum to discuss sports.  Much more interactive than other sites.  East coast fans are passionate, one way or the other, which is both provocative and refreshing at the same time.  I just disagree with you.

I've watched plenty of Pats games and Colts games alike.  Living in California, I heard the exact same arguments against the 49ers in their hey day.  I've seen all three teams get calls on a regular basis.  Kobe Bryant also gets calls other guys don't.  If there is any truth to what you are saying, please be objective about it then and unbiased.

Pats got the "tuck" call, a ton of non-calls against the Colts in 2004 AFC title game, and calls here and there along the way.  Every single team that has ever been considered borderline great has gotten calls, from the Lakers, to the 49ers, to the Pats, to the Celtics, to the Yankees, etc. etc. etc.  Just get over it or admit your team gets just as many.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teddydupay4. Show teddydupay4's posts

Regarding the Brackett call, "waving his hand in the face of Ray Rice" is considered faceguarding, which is technically considered a flag-able offense.  The truth is, choker Manning isn't the reason Indy's this far.  It's that defense.  But no one will admit it.  Dan Dierdorf can't get PM's rod outta his cornhole long enough to call it as it is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Any fan of another team who wastes time in this forum calling Pats fans homers in their own sports forum is, frankly, a loser. Every sports forum in the county has homer fans. Everyone I've seen that is, though I've never had the personality of a troll enough to visit them all or actually comment on one. Why not hang out on ESPN.com if you want to interact with fans from other teams? The only reason to be here is because you get a subtle and ongoing enjoyment out of the fact you're riding higher than the Pats. In fact no team that is riding lower than the Pats has a troll here - only Colts and Chargers fans for now. Well I guess we won't be seeing Ravens trolls for a while.

As for the game, I did think the Colts got the benefit of the most important calls in the game. However, I'm not sure any of those calls were clearcut except MAYBE the Brackett non-call. The bottom line is that the Colts came out and spanked the Ravens hard. If the Ravens blamed the officiating after the game that would be a huge and faulty leap in logic. 

"Any M-ron watching the game could see that if the game was "lost" at all, it was lost by Ed Reed fumbling in Colts territory, followed by Ray Rice fumbling in Colts territory."

Exactly. 

Congrats to the Colts on a good solid win. I thought the Jets would have given them a tougher game but the way they played today, probably would have beat them too. Now my hopes for the Colts not going to another Super Bowl rest on San Diego, who should be a formidable opponent if they can get past the green.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Flags for Colts!:
    Ask and he appears. Now where did ud go?
    Posted by EnochRoot

I always say that I wish we could see IP addresses attached to the posts because there are so many frauds. This guy is definitely a regular and his posts ring of familiarity. He just played the tuck rule card on us. How transparent and original!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I've found a way to keep myself from getting upset about bogus calls. Everytime the Refs hand Indy a momentum changing call I do a shot of Bourbon and shotgun a beer. I was LMAO by the 2nd quarter and sleeping by the 4th last night.

Let's hope the Chargers can beat the Jets otherwise we're going to see a replay of last night for the AFCCG. Unfortunately neither the Ravens nor the Jets are in the Same league as the Colts. I still don't know what the Chargers are made of but I'll see today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Here is another reason we know it was a good call.  Frame by Frame (aka Enoch Root) is not here complaining about it.  The man lives for calling out beneficial calls for the colts, even one's that were fair calls.  If he's quiet, and he is, we all know that Brackett did not interfere with Rice.

Really? That is your rationale? That I wasn't there. I already wrote that it was a bad non-call. I don't need to stay up all evening on another team board demonstrating an inferiority complex.

I own you and I didn't even pay for you. I'd send you back, but there is a no return policy on damaged goods.

And stop with the "udinCA" posts. They are pretty obvious. Sad, but obvious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Regarding the Brackett call, "waving his hand in the face of Ray Rice" is considered faceguarding, which is technically considered a flag-able offense.  The truth is, choker Manning isn't the reason Indy's this far.  It's that defense.  But no one will admit it.  Dan Dierdorf can't get PM's rod outta his cornhole long enough to call it as it is.

No it isn't. The defender can play the player, but if contact is made it becomes PI. There is no faceguarding in the NFL. That is a college rule.

However, there was contact on the play despite ud's assertions to the opposite. But, he has been known to lie to "prove" his point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I've found a way to keep myself from getting upset about bogus calls. Everytime the Refs hand Indy a momentum changing call I do a shot of Bourbon and shotgun a beer. I was LMAO by the 2nd quarter and sleeping by the 4th last night. 

And up before 0700. Impressive.

Say Goodnight, Don Fanucci. (Still love that avatar.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I've found a way to keep myself from getting upset about bogus calls. Everytime the Refs hand Indy a momentum changing call I do a shot of Bourbon and shotgun a beer. I was LMAO by the 2nd quarter and sleeping by the 4th last nigh t.  And up before 0700. Impressive. Say Goodnight, Don Fanucci. (Still love that avatar.)
    Posted by EnochRoot

I'm an old man..I'm sleeping by 10:30 and up by 5:30 every day. Hung over or not.
    Unless the Pats are playing a night game that is. Those games kill me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hooterdawg. Show hooterdawg's posts

Ahh, here is the typical whining thread that Pat fans are famous for. Pat fans of this millenium have forgotten the humility of previous teams when wins were not so easily obtained. THe 2010 Pats are in reloading scheme, so they should leave their arrogance at the door. The 2010 AFC East will likely be a dog fight between the Jets, Dolphins and Pats, so be a little humble aboubt the success that other teams earn. Whining willl get you nowhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Ahh, here is the typical whining thread that Pat fans are famous for. Pat fans of this millenium have forgotten the humility of previous teams when wins were not so easily obtained. THe 2010 Pats are in reloading scheme, so they should leave their arrogance at the door. The 2010 AFC East will likely be a dog fight between the Jets, Dolphins and Pats, so be a little humble aboubt the success that other teams earn. Whining willl get you nowhere.
    Posted by hooterdawg

Who's whining. Didn't you read my previous post explaining the happiness these calls bring many people such as myself...Others are merely doing the objective play by play analysis that the network commentators seem to be incapable of. I love this country.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

HRK - Had a couple of bottles last night and will have a couple more tonight.  So, I like trying different beers.  One of my favorite Breweries is Bells (out of MI).  They have both a Porter and a Stout, which are not my favorite types but I thought what the heck.  They tasted exactly the same. 

So I looked up the difference in styles online and apparently there is no discernible difference between the two styles.  So why make both?  I have much to learn.

Have a draft for me.  Thanks for the kind words.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Sure there was contact on the play.  It was initiated by Rice putting his hands into Brackett.  The no call on that play was proper officiating at its best. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Credit when credit is do UD, the Colts played well. They shutdown Ray Rice,kept Flacco in check and protected PM from the blitzes. As much as it hurts to say the Colts are playing much better than the Pats right now....alot of changes coming in Foxboro.

*Porter and Stout have alot of bite, they're a heavy beer almost chewable.
    I had a couple of Maple Porters last night, actually made with maple syrup, quite tasty, it has become one of my favorites.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

HRK - who's the brewery of the maple porter?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Sure there was contact on the play.  It was initiated by Rice putting his hands into Brackett.  The no call on that play was proper officiating at its best. 

LOL. Of course, colts fans have no idea what the actual rule is for PI. It is like the old joke "Why can't women parallel park? Answer: Because all their lives they've been told that this (hold up fingers 4 inches apart) is a foot."

It doesn't matter who makes the contact when one of them isn't playing the ball. If Rice is going for the ball, Brackett is in the way and interfering with Rice's ability to get the ball. That is what they mean by "interference". Learn it. Love it.

Two things about this that show you are a tool. Earlier, you stated definitively that there was NO contact. Now, when you think you might have leverage, you acknowledge contact. The second thing is that you still know jack about how the game is played.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

At the end of the game, Dumbdorf pronounced that the Jerks game is now officially irrelevant ( or words to that effect ) as if it might have BEEN relevant.
    He conveniently omitted the fact that the unworthy Jerks are still in this thing, thanks to the Colts "relevance".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Sorry, I'm not going to go back and read eight pages of whining about the refs.  (That's what happens when you show up late for the party.)  I don't recall any kind of questionable call with Brackett and Ray Rice, but has anyone mentioned the bogus off-sides penalty on Robert Mathis?  It kept a drive alive as it turned a 3rd and 7 into a 3rd and 2, which the Ravens then picked up.  And yet the replay shows he was not off-sides - he just timed his jump so well that that the refs thought he left early.  Just thought I'd point out one legitimately bad call that went against the Colts, since you guys like to pick apart every close call that goes in the Colts' favor...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Sorry Root - if you think that offensive initiated hand fighting is grounds for PI, thne you really are stupid and that confidence thing is going to quashed pretty damn soon.  All Bracket did was get Rice's hands off him and then waived a hand in his face.  It was incredible pass defense.  Incredible. 

somehow, I anticipate that your frame by frame HD DVR did not work on that particular play or maybe you are just being your usual self (MB).  Whatever the case, it doesn't matter.  It wasn't PI.  It wasn't called PI (correct non-call).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

UD, Saranac Brewery Utica NY

Maple Porter

Availability: 12 Beers of Winter 12 Pack 2009

Brewers Notes:

Saranac Maple Porter is a robust, flavorful porter reminiscent of a by-gone era.  True to brewing tradition, we've used dark caramel and chocolate malt as well as Fuggles and East Kent Goldings hops for a smooth, yet slightly bitter, roasted flavor.  Look for hints of maple syrup flavoring used in this deliciously different brew.  Enjoy!

www.saranac.com/files/images/maple-porter/Maple%20Porter.jpg" alt="Maple Porter" />

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

All this game did was show how pathetic the Pats were last week.  Stop the run and the Baltimore offense is Toast.  Baltimore's defense can be had in the Secondary due to all their injuries if you can give your qb more then 2 secs to throw.

Pats should have wiped Baltimore last week.  Just shows how unprepared they were. 

Indy played better and deserved to move on.  No whinning about refs.  Baltimore was outclassed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

*NOTE TO UD AND JULES;
    Shouldn't you two be in church this morning praying for the Jets to win?....Hee Hee

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Sorry Root - if you think that offensive initiated hand fighting is grounds for PI, thne you really are stupid and that confidence thing is going to quashed pretty damn soon.  All Bracket did was get Rice's hands off him and then waived a hand in his face.  It was incredible pass defense.  Incredible.  

somehow, I anticipate that your frame by frame HD DVR did not work on that particular play or maybe you are just being your usual self (MB).  Whatever the case, it doesn't matter.  It wasn't PI.  It wasn't called PI (correct non-call).

Once an sfb, always an sfb:

Here, this is from the NFL rule book. In your local idiom, try n edumacate yerself. I highlighted the relevant portions so your brain didn't implode.

Section 2 Pass Interference/Ineligible Player Downfield

Article 5 It is pass interference by either team when any player movement beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible player of such player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. Defensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is thrown until the ball is touched.

Actions that constitute defensive pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch.

(b) Playing through the back of a receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball.

(c) Grabbing a receiver’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass.

(d) Extending an arm across the body of a receiver thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, regardless of whether the defender is playing the ball.

(e) Cutting off the path of a receiver by making contact with him without playing the ball.

(f) Hooking a receiver in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the receiver’s body to turn prior to the ball arriving.

So, was Brackett playing the ball? No. Was there contact? Yes. 

As noted, you really aren't to blame. As a colts fan, you really don't know what PI actually is since they never call it correctly in Indy.

BTW, nice try on using some information to prove your point. Alas, it just shows that you will lie to "prove" an assertion - a fact well known by all. Next time, use all the verbiage - not just that which you think supports your argument. Oh, the OPI definition that you posted isn't in the rule book? I wonder where you made that one up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Dogg... I'm really trying to understand your logic...you said:

During the Pats Indy game: 
    When Austin Collie slowed down and initiated contact with the CB (Wilhite?) that was called a PI and a brilliant move by Austin by you and Collinsworth, but when Rice does it, he is at fault?
    Both recievers, by all accounts initiated the contact... so how was Indy's call a PI for the Colts, but NOT for the Ravens?

All any fan asks for is consitency.... and that's what we feel is Lacking when the colts play.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Trying to understand dog's logic is impossible because he has no logic. Everything he believes is seen through colt-colored glasses. I've  stopped contributing to global warming by just ignoring him. basically he's just a particularly  argumentative troll.

Sections
Shortcuts