Flags for Colts!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Re: Flags for Colts!

Alfie, it'll actually b fun to see how he responds to this...

Maybe Austin initiated contact with his right hand which is Ok verus using the left...LOL

Let's hear it doggg....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

MB (aka Root) - You'd argue that a square is round - but just as you are on this thread - you'd be wrong.  

Have at it.  I am your confidence man.

Oh, now it is time where you try to say that you are right despite my firmly demonstrating that you are wrong. 

I realize that your sense of inferiority makes you write illogical things, but you should also know that it makes you look like a fool.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

LTP,

Good call. I was going to bring this up myself, but I figured ud would pretend to not remember. BTW, it was Butler who was called. If it was Wilhite, it would have been a TD.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Flags for Colts!:
    Dogg... I'm really trying to understand your logic...you said: Sure there was contact on the play.  It was initiated by Rice putting his hands into Brackett.  The no call on that play was proper officiating at its best.   During the Pats Indy game:  When Austin Collie slowed down and initiated contact with the CB (Wilhite?) that was called a PI and a brilliant move by Austin by you and Collinsworth, but when Rice does it, he is at fault? Both recievers, by all accounts initiated the contact... so how was Indy's call a PI for the Colts, but NOT for the Ravens? All any fan asks for is consitency.... and that's what we feel is Lacking when the colts play.
    Posted by LifeTimePat

Lifetime- Since Underdoggggg has not responded to this I will try and fill in for him as best as I can..Ecchmmm

Spygate, spygate, what about that? huh? And what about Patriot cornerbacks mugging receivers 10 years ago? Zeke Mowatt too! That is all

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

ew - You are totally channeling ud. Nice with the Zeke throw in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Root... Ewhite, bet you Udogg is working his DVR overtime .. to see what counter argument he can come up with.

e- that's the kind of junk he will most likely counter with... spygate and the tuck rule LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Can anyone answer this:

One of the PI calls in yesterday's game appeared to be when Wayne ran directly into a Raven CB.  Neither player was looking for the ball.  I know CB's can't interfere with a WR trying to catch a ball but it seems the defender shouldn't have to actually step out of the way from a receiver running at him. 

If it was basketball it would have been a charge. 

How was that PI?  Wouldn't that be illegal contact if neither is trying to catch a ball, and is there a such thing as illegal contact on an offensive player?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Hey Dogg, Jules, and CA-guy

~Just want to be the first on this forum to congratulate you guys on your 2009-10 Superbowl Win.  Are The Colts going to rest their starters until the big game?  Wait, You guys are at least gonna take the field, right?  See, I Love a good Superbowl Party no matter who's in it...I just...idk, Don't think it'll be the same (except the outcome of course) with just one team.  Anyway, congrats fellas (and somewhere Vince Lombardi died a second death)...  No hard feelings right?  I look forward to The Pats playing Your Team(s) of people next year...   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Flags for Colts!:
    Can anyone answer this: One of the PI calls in yesterday's game appeared to be when Wayne ran directly into a Raven CB.  Neither player was looking for the ball.  I know CB's can't interfere with a WR trying to catch a ball but it seems the defender shouldn't have to actually step out of the way from a receiver running at him.  If it was basketball it would have been a charge.  How was that PI?  Wouldn't that be illegal contact if neither is trying to catch a ball, and is there a such thing as illegal contact on an offensive player?
    Posted by shenanigan

Shenanigan,
    This happened last week I believe in the Pats game. Wasn't it Moss that Ran into the DB that was standing there holding his ground and they called it Offensive PI?
    That reminded me of the NBA rule when it happened.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

You guys do realize that UD and the other trolls that show up here are just doing the job the NY Times is paying them to do right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

Laz;

If there is any team I am pulling for it is the San Diego Chargers.  Who cares about the old, past rivalry that was Colts/Pats.  Haven't the Colts beaten the Pats like 6 times in a row now?  It's not really a rivalry if one team always wins.  Lol you guys think anyone that posts something anti-Pats (or perceived to be) is a Colts fan.

I see the Chargers advancing past Indy; wasn't too impressed with the Colts last night against the Ravens.  SD is a much more complete team at all positions, and with the progression of Rivers they are about even at the QB position.  Actually, I might give a slight edge to Rivers simply because he makes more plays in the clutch.

Should be a good game, but if you still believe I am a fan of a team in a state I have never been to, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

To All:

Guys...give up the ghost! While its' true that the Colts are the prime beneficiaries of PI calls and the Polian passing rules, the bottom line is that they easily disposed of a team that just manhandled our Pats in Foxboro, 33-14. There are three reasons why:

1.) Their OL does not allow a defender to touch Peyton Manning;

2.) Their defense shut down Ray Rice and the Ravens' running game;

3.) Their defense was able to pressure Joe Flacco into mistakes.

Biased officiating has nothing to do with these things.

Its' a shame that Peyton Manning is allowed the time to excel, while our great QB has to play the season with broken ribs, a broken finger on his passing hand, a reconstructed knee...and running for his life. 

Any questions why the Colts are still playing, and the Patriots are not?  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

One of the PI calls in yesterday's game appeared to be when Wayne ran directly into a Raven CB.  Neither player was looking for the ball.  I know CB's can't interfere with a WR trying to catch a ball but it seems the defender shouldn't have to actually step out of the way from a receiver running at him.  

I don't remember this play, but last week they called Moss for OPI in the same situation you describe. Oddly, the announcer described it just like basketball when the defender has the lane.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

You guys do realize that UD and the other trolls that show up here are just doing the job the NY Times is paying them to do right?

rt - They are the same guy. I wonder if ud gets paid twice when he uses a second id?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

"NOTE TO UD AND JULES; Shouldn't you two be in church this morning praying for the Jets to win?....Hee Hee bring on the......draft"

Actually, I believe the Jets are going to beat the Chargers.  I'm three-for-three so far this weekend...so hopefully I can go 4-0.  But I think the Colts will beat either team next week...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

sim - Good points. Remember the Seahawks/Steelers SB? I don't remember a lot of specific plays, but I remember a lot of talk about the horrid officiating and even Mike Holmgren saying something about it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Yeah, Root.  Best I could tell, the Seahawks won that SB, but the refs gave the Steelers eleven points off of bad calls.  One bad call took away a TD from the Seahawks and another took away a TD and the Hawks had to settle for a FG.  The Steelers ended up winning by...eleven points.

Of course, my position is that every team benefits from some bad calls and gets screwed by other bad calls.  What you guys do here is pick out every single close call that goes in the Colts' favor and call it a bad call.  You ignore every bad call that goes against the Colts, and then present the situation as the Colts getting "all the calls".  Then a few of you like to say that the fact that the Colts get called for fewer penalties than most opponents means that the refs are biased...as if a team has no control over whether they're called for penalties.  Fact is: a well disciplined team like the Colts will be called for fewer penalties, because they commit fewer penalties...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Even Roethlisberger's TD was suspect. He was on Letterman later that week and admitted he didn't think he crossed the goal line.

I think what people are saying is that the colts get the calls at just the right time. There is a big difference between getting some and losing some each game as happens v. getting some in key points often. 

This PI with the colts yesterday is pretty irrelevant. From what I have read on this thread, I don't think anyone thinks it changed the outcome of the game. It did change that particular drive which might have changed things, but there were far more palpable errors committed by the Ravens that took them out of the game. But, as the theory is that they do get key calls (and I didn't actually give much credit to this line of thought until this year when watching the Colts/Pats game), that PI would be the one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

What did you think of the Robert Mathis offsides penalty?  To me, Mathis is clearly not offsides.  I can see how a ref would think he was offsides since he was in the backfield so quickly and he timed his jump perfectly.  But the replay shows he wasn't over the line at the time of the snap...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

What did you think of the Robert Mathis offsides penalty?  To me, Mathis is clearly not offsides.  I can see how a ref would think he was offsides since he was in the backfield so quickly and he timed his jump perfectly.  But the replay shows he wasn't over the line at the time of the snap...

Both you and ud have written that. I thought at the time that it was legit and I haven't gone back to review it.

When was it during the game? If I have time later, I will check it out.

The PI on the Ravens and Ray Ray's penalty in the endzone were legit in my opinion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Pretty early in the game.  I want to say it's the Ravens' first drive, but it could be a little later...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Manning's signature pass is the one nobody catches! He throws it 45 yards- pass interference is called- and the ball is placed at the one yard line. Welcome to the new NFL! This is not football! It's all about high scores and keeping the 60 million dollar QBs healthy. You cannot play defense in the NFL anymore. The Ref's are deciding the outcome of the games!
    The league truly needs to change the rules! If there is some illegal contact by the corner back, then the offense should get a 10 yard first down. No way they should put the ball on the one yard line. This rule should be changed ASAP.  If the NFL wants to spice up the game then allow WRs to have only one foot in bounds. The NFL need to do something to level the playing field for the defense!!! Otherwise look for another pro football league to emerge. The fans will not put up with this goofy stuff !! I for one want to see the WR catch the dam-n ball! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Gents - you seem to be off subject.  This thread is about the colts/ravens playoff game.  The game that you refer to, is past.  If we wish to argue calls in the pat/colts reg season game, lets look at the hold on the welker punt return that resulted in points for the pats.  Shall we? 

But if we must, Wilhite (was that who was defending Collie?) took Collie down with his momentum (and lost balance) disallowing Collie an opportunity for the ball.

How'd y'all do this weekend?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

sim - The team he roots for is in it. That isn't one up on anyone. He is still many names - all of them ending with the word "bag".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Laz - I dig you.  You've got kwan (which is a pathetic reference to Jerry McGuire, but given the things you've been through {based on what you've told us} you are channeling some serious reality).  I don't expect you to like me, but as you have done here, so have (without so much kwan-because I have no other real word for it) congratulated those who deserve it. 

I wish your pats the best in the off season.  the only thing I hope for is that given their position and the labor issue, they don't go the way of the Yankees (which would be their preogative).

Sections
Shortcuts