Flags for Colts!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Flags for Colts!

Come on Dogg- You know the Colts are a lock in this one. The only way the Jets win this game is if Manning gets struck by lightning at the coin toss and that's not too likely in the dome. The Colts controlled that game in week 16 except for the 106 yd kick return. I just pawned off all my gold to put on the Colts. This one is in the bag.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

TP - not a wagering kind of guy, but my statements are not incorrect. 

The point is that if the Jets have beaten more playoff teams than the Colts, if most (not some) on this board think the colts are not all that good, and that they need the help of the refs (referred to by you as striped shirts) to win, then I am just not sure how you can honestly say that a Jets win would be one of the biggest upsets in NFL History or "quite a choke".  

I think Jules might be right about you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg(g)...you stated:

"...The point is that if the Jets have beaten more playoff teams than the Colts, if most (not some) on this board think the colts are not all that good, and that they need the help of the refs (referred to by you as striped shirts) to win, then I am just not sure how you can honestly say that a Jets win would be one of the biggest upsets in NFL History or "quite a choke".  

RESPONSE: What a cowardly response. Your statements about the Colts not playing playoff teams only serves to underscore the fact that they've played a relatively weak schedule...and have had an easy road to the AFC title game. It says nothing about the relative strengths of the teams.

Are you saying that the Jets are better than your ponies? Are you saying that you are expecting the Colts to lose? Or, are you merely attempting to give yourself cover, just in case the unthinkable happens? 

LOL!!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Maybe the colts did have an easy schedule, which might suggest that with all of those comebacks that they are not that good.  I don't know.  What do you think?

What I am saying is that the Jets have won 2 playoff games on the road, one of them against the formerly considered hottest team in the NFL.  Given that, I just don't know how a colts loss would be considered as much of an upset as you think.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

I know that a COLTS Loss would not be upsetting to me......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg(g)...you said the following:

"Maybe the colts did have an easy schedule, which might suggest that with all of those comebacks that they are not that good.  I don't know.  What do you think?

RESPONSE: I think that the Colts are the best team in a relatively weak AFC.   

What I am saying is that the Jets have won 2 playoff games on the road, one of them against the formerly considered hottest team in the NFL.  Given that, I just don't know how a colts loss would be considered as much of an upset as you think.

RESPONSE: LOL!! The Jets are by far the weakest team to play in an AFC  championship in this decade. Its' not even close. Don't believe me? Check out these match-ups (* goes to eventual SB winner):

1.) 2000: *Baltimore Ravens (14-4) @ Oakland Raiders (13-4);

2.) 2001: *New England Patriots (12-5) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (14-4);

3.) 2002: Tennessee Titans (12-5) @ Oakland Raiders (12-5);

4.) 2003: Indianapolis Colts (14-4) @ *New England Patriots (15-2);

5.) 2004: *New England Patriots (15-2) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (16-1);

6.) 2005: *Pittsburgh Steelers (13-5) @ Indianapolis Colts (15-2);

7.) 2006: New England Patriots (14-4) @ *Indianapolis Colts (13-4);

8.) 2007: San Diego Chargers (13-5) @ New England Patriots (17-0);

9.) 2008: Baltimore Ravens (13-5) @ *Pittsburgh Steelers (14-4);

10.) 2009: New York Jets: (11-7) @ Indianapolis Colts (15-2)

Never has a team had an easier path to the SB than the 2009 Colts. Peyton Manning v. Mark Sanchez?? Jets' defenders Bart Scott and Kerry Rhodes are slowed by gimpy knees, LB David Harris has a bum ankle, and DE Shawn Ellis will play with a broken hand.

The Colts, of course with some assistance from the zebras, should win this game by at least 2 TDs. If they flop in their home dome, it will be one of the greatest upsets ever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Hold the phone there TP - I believe the Ravens of 2000 were very similar to this Jets team.  Besides records are meaningless. 

Given the way the Raven easily dispensed of the Pats in Foxb and the Jets the same on the road in Cincy and SD, I'd say the easier road for the colts would have been to play the teams that lost. 

As for injuries - are you serious?  We are without 4 defensive starters, playing 2 rookie corners (one that is currently injured), freeney's been fighting injury all season. 

We are playing a rookie WR and a 2nd yr 6th rd WR and Peyton's got a guy from the Arena League playing Guard for him while a perenial back up is his left tackle.  Let's not forget injuries to Addai and Brown. 

Maybe you are right.  Maybe the AFC is weak, but major upset - not in any way like the Pats Giants thing.  I just hope the colts win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Nice call on that Pats-Blue New Jersey thing, dogg(g).

Such an upset would never happen to the Colts, because (as we have seen) they lack the sack to put themselves in the position to suffer such a calamitous defeat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Some define it as "lack the sack"

Others call it:
     - not killing the goose.
     - not going to the well once too often. 
     - not flaunting your embarrassment of riches. 
     - preparing in the best way possible. 
     - keeping their eyes on the prize. 
     - focusing on what's important. 
     - losing a battle that may win them the war. 

Regardless - the colts still have to play this one and still could lose.  The popular media angle this week has been on how the Jets can win the game.  These pundits are smarter than I am, so I must defer - either that or they are reaching.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm going to preface this statement with the disclaimer that you're just gilding the lily so as not to appear overconfident.

The Jets don't belong in this game . . .  they have absolutely no chance of winning it, and even if they did, Johnny Zebra will never let that happen.

When you face an actual opponent in the Super Bowl, perhaps we can have a rational discussion. Until then, we can at least agree that Green New Jersey is an unfunny joke and that only one of us is willing to admit it.

This notion that the team the Colts let in is going to unseat them is beyond ludicrous. The Jets freakin' s*ck. Watch them play.

Have y'all lost your minds?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg(g): 

Surely you jest...LOL!! How was the Pats/Giants game such a "major" upset, when the Pats played all-out, and barely beat the Giants on the last game of the 2007 season? 

Peyton v. Sanchez??? The edge the Colts have at QB is so wide, its'  laughable. 

Comparing the 2000 Ravens to this years' Jets?? LOL!!! The Ravens' defense that year was comparable to that of the 1985 Bears. 

But, thats' OK. I fully understand your reluctance to admit the obvious...and your need for cover, just in case the unthinkable happens. But Dogg(g), theres' no need to sweat this one. The Colts should win by at least two TDs. 

That said, a choke here will seriously impact Peyton's NFL legacy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

TP - I don't jest at all - In response:

1.  Pats of 2007 were considered (at the time and until they lost) as possibly the best team EVER. 
    2.  Just because the pats were challenged in wk 17 doesn't mean anything.  They played on the road in NJ. 
    3.  Tom Brady - to some, the greatest quarterback of our era was playing Eli Manning who had to date done nothing.  In his 4th year he had yet to crack an 80 passer rating.  With 4 yrs under his belt, most thought he s*cked. 
    4.  Pats were favored by 12-14 points leading up to the game. Significantly more than the colts on this game.

Finally - a loss, if it is not peyton's fault (as the last 2 losses to the Chargers were not) should not affect his legacy. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg(g)...still seeking cover, eh?? LOL!!! You said the following:

"...1.  Pats of 2007 were considered (at the time and until they lost) as possibly the best team EVER.

RESPONSE: Many Colts fans, and many in the media, feel that the Colts could have gone 16-0, had they chosen not to pull their players. Those same individuals contend that the 2009 Colts are one of the greatest teams of all-time.

2.  Just because the pats were challenged in wk 17 doesn't mean anything.  They played on the road in NJ.

RESPONSE: Oh course it matters!! That game turned the Giants' season around. Surely, you're not saying that the 2009 Jets are comparable to the 2007 SB champion Giants?

3.  Tom Brady - to some, the greatest quarterback of our era was playing Eli Manning who had to date done nothing.  In his 4th year he had yet to crack an 80 passer rating.  With 4 yrs under his belt, most thought he s*cked. 

RESPONSE: Though Eli came of age against the Pats, it was the Giants' coaching and defense which won that game...as  Tom Brady received zero protection. Furthermore, a bogus, concocted media scandal hasn't been launched on the eve of this game on the Colts, as it was on the Patriots. Unfortunately, the said NY media/Benedict Arlen Specter conspiracy took its' toll on the Pats, who played by far their worst game of that season.  

4.  Pats were favored by 12-14 points leading up to the game. Significantly more than the colts on this game.

RESPONSE: What a joke! The media grossly underrated the Giants...just as they're overrating the Jets. The Colts are favored by 7.5 points...not taking into account the extra 7-10 coming their way from the zebras. But, again. I fully understand your need for cover, just in case.

Finally - a loss, if it is not peyton's fault (as the last 2 losses to the Chargers were not) should not affect his legacy.

RESPONSE: Why are you exonerating Mr. Wonderful? He did not play well in either of those losses to San Diego...not to mention the eggs he laid in playoff  losses to the Steelers and Pats. He needs another ring to validate himself.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

TP - Not seeking any cover at all, just trying support my feeling that if the Jets win it will not be, as you said, one of the biggest upsets in history.  

I've read all year long that the colts are not that great.  If a team is not that great than if they lose it cannot be considered a big surprise. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In response to your post,

1.  The colts may have gone 16-0 but they didn't.  In the 14 games they won, they had to comeback from 7-9 second half deficits.  This is very unlike the Pats of 07 who were dominating nearly everyone. 

2.  A Giants loss in 07 turned their season around.  Please.  Lay off the pipe my friend.  You seem to be losing your rationality.  And yes, I am comparing the 07 SB Champs to the 09 Jets.  Good running game.  Good defense.  Won all of their playoff games on the road.  Very similar. 

3.  As for bogus media scandals, they did try.  Find it interesting that all of this Marvin Harrison stuff was opened up again last week.  Funny thing is, it was the best the media could do. 

4.  The Media doesn't set the line, Vegas does.  and the line moves based on betting.  Vegas, the fans, bettors, the media, and all of the pats fans (except apparently you) thought the Pats would kill the Giants.

5.  You and I disagree about how Manning played in those games.  You say he did not play well, which doesn't surprise me. 
    *Last year he threw for 300+ yds 1 TD and 0 Ints.  90 passer rating. 
    *2007 he completed 69% of his passes for 400+ yds 3 TD's and 2 Ints.  The ints were 1) last play of the half hail mary - no harm.  2) at the SD 5 into the stone hands at the numbers of Kenton Keith on a screen who dropped it and it fell into Weddle's hands who was laying on the ground. 
    *Say what you will.  Those can't be pinned on Manning.
    *Now - going back to 2005 and before - yep.  Manning laid some real eggs earlier in his career.  Manning is the reason Belichick is called a Genius.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Texas...
    You must realize by now that there is NO WAY to say anything about POUTIN Manning to a COLTS fan.....  They think he is a god.. heck some of them even bend down and blow into his happy whistle to show him how much they care.

I personally dislike any TEAM member who will hang out his TEAMmates when they ALL have a bad game, as POUTIN did to his OL so many times before.  I am sure that if his WR's start dropping passes and they lose, he will be the first teammember to let us all know that it was someone else's fault.

Since he has been ordained as the NFL's savior.. and Deirdorf blew him up so huge in his last game.... well We all know that there is NO WAY that the NFL will allow the colts to lose this game....  

My hope is that the Jets let Poutin know they are on the field all day long.... I'd like to see him on his backside 4-6 times during the game.... and I'd love to see three Picks in the game.....  BUT that would all be the OL's and the WR's for not fighting hard enough for the ball .... It surely wouldn't be the fault of the King of Sourpuss... Poutin Peyton's fault.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg(g): Surely, you jest, as you continue to try to run for cover...just in case. Thats' as cowardly a stance as Bill Polian's decision to pull the plug on trying for a perfect season. Admit the obvious!! The Jets are a second-rate team...and that the Colts should blow them off the planet!! 

That said, let me address your last, silly post: 

1.  The colts may have gone 16-0 but they didn't.  In the 14 games they won, they had to comeback from 7-9 second half deficits.  This is very unlike the Pats of 07 who were dominating nearly everyone.

RESPONSE: Yes, the 2007 Pats were better than the 2009 Colts.  

2.  A Giants loss in 07 turned their season around.  Please.  Lay off the pipe my friend.  You seem to be losing your rationality.  And yes, I am comparing the 07 SB Champs to the 09 Jets.  Good running game.  Good defense.  Won all of their playoff games on the road.  Very similar.

RESPONSE: Lay off the pipe?? Oh, Dogg(g), how original...LOL!!! Thats' about as stale as the Lucas Oil Dome air. 

The 2007 Giants were a dominant team after they nearly beat the Pats on the last game of that season. They went to Tampa, and bull-dozed the Bucs. Then, they went to Dallas, and handled the Cowboys...a team that had crushed then twice, previously. Finally, they went into frigid Green Bay, and knocked off Brett Farve and the Packers. They did it with a dominant defense, a dominant running game, solid QB play, and dominant play by WRs Plaxico Burress, and Amani Toomer. 

The Giants repeated their great play in 2008. They were the best team in the NFL til Plaxico Burress shot himself, and the Giants, in the leg. They had even dominated the champions to be Steelers, in Pittsburgh. 

You continue your tendency on this forum
    to spout arguments with selective, or totally devoid of, facts. The only thing that the 2009 Jets have in common with the 2007 Giants is that both teams list NY as their home. The 2007 Giants would destroy your phony ponies.   

3.  As for bogus media scandals, they did try.  Find it interesting that all of this Marvin Harrison stuff was opened up again last week.  Funny thing is, it was the best the media could do.

RESPONSE: Marvin Harrison?? LOL!! Whose he? He's not even on the team!! Two weeks ago? The bogus bomb that Pearl Harbored the Patriots was dropped on the very eve of the biggest game in franchise history. It was clearly aimed to distract the Pats...which it clearly did.   

4.  The Media doesn't set the line, Vegas does.  and the line moves based on betting.  Vegas, the fans, bettors, the media, and all of the pats fans (except apparently you) thought the Pats would kill the Giants.

RESPONSE: The Giants were underrated. The Jets are grossly overrated. Eli Manning is a far better QB than Mark Sanchez. Plaxico Burress was a dominant, tall WR. Who do the Jets have to compare? The Giants had great edge pass-rushers in Osi Umenyiora and Hall of Famer to be, Michael Strahan. They had Mathias Kiwannuka and Justin Tuck shuffling in and out in passing situations. Who do the Jets have rushing from the edge? They must depend on blitzes to get any pressure on a QB.  

5.  You and I disagree about how Manning played in those games.  You say he did not play well, which doesn't surprise me. 
    *Last year he threw for 300+ yds 1 TD and 0 Ints.  90 passer rating.

RESPONSE: Manning led his team to only 17 points, in a 23-17 OT loss. Seventy-two (72) yards of Manning's 302 yards passing came on one TD play. Take that play away, and his stats are an extremely mediocre 24/41, for 230 yards. The highly underrated Indy defense kept the Colts in this game:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200901030sdg.htm

*2007 he completed 69% of his passes for 400+ yds 3 TD's and 2 Ints.  The ints were 1) last play of the half hail mary - no harm.  2) at the SD 5 into the stone hands at the numbers of Kenton Keith on a screen who dropped it and it fell into Weddle's hands who was laying on the ground. 
    *Say what you will.  Those can't be pinned on Manning.

RESPONSE: Of course they can. The Colts lost to a banged-up Charger team, 28-24, with Billy Volek at QB for most of the second half, for San Diego. You conveniently left out how Manning tossed a pick to Antonio Cromartie, who returned it for a TD...only to have it called back by a bogus flag.

*Now - going back to 2005 and before - yep.  Manning laid some real eggs earlier in his career.  Manning is the reason Belichick is called a Genius.

RESPONSE: Again, your selective memory for facts shines through. Remember 2001? Second year QB Tom Brady, taking over for an injured Drew Bledsoe, led the Patriots to the second best record in the AFC (after the team had a 1-3 start). That team went on to defeat the "greatest show on turf" (the "Colts", before the Indy Colts got good), in SB 36.

Wasn't that a great achievement? Don't like that one? How about in 2004, when the Pats went into Pittsburgh, and hammered the 16-1 Steelers?

Don't like that one? How 'bout winning 3 SBs in 4 years? Of course, there was that referee gift wrapped Colts win, 38-34, over the undermanned Pats in the 2006 AFC title game...after the Pats had gone into San Diego, and knocked off the #1 seeded Chargers.

Yeah Dogg(g)...if it wasn't for Peyton, no one would have ever heard of Bill Belichick...LOL!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

TP - again - I don't jest at all.  While the Jets may be the underdog, they are not as big an underdog as the giants were to the pats.  No one picked the giants to win, but that is not the case with the jets.

It certainly appeared that the 09 pats were the most dominant team in history thus failing miserably with the biggest upset loss in history.  Too bad there is trophy form most dominant 2nd place team.

Originality isn't my bag.  Getting the point across is more important.  You got it.

Jets soound eerily similar to the Giants, crushing teams on the road in the playoffs while demonstrating mediocrity in the regular season.  Thanks for making my point to me.

Why would you compare a rising 07 team with the following year's 2008 team.  Are you suggesting that the Jets won't be better next year than this year?  I'll take that bet.

I find it very convenient of you to claim the Giants were underrated (especially after mentioning how they were destroyed in the Reg season twice by the Cowboys) after they beat the Pats.  Revisionist History is what they call that my friend. 

Now you are pulling stats from stats to make your stats look better.  I could say the Jets won't run on the colts well, because 1) when the colts played half their starters they held the jets run game in check.  2) the Jets did not run well against the chargers if I remove the 53 yd TD run.  The stats are the stats.  Take away a long touchdown from the colts and you remove points too. 

And what exactly does Billy Volek have to do with Peyton Manning - stay on task boy - this was about Manning.  I guess when you can't refute an arguement you change the subject. 

I did mention the Manning pick to cromartie.  It was at the end of the half and was called back for a block in the back.  Isn't it funny how so many big plays end up not being big because someone was breaking the rules in order to make it happen?

Again you're going off subject.  This was not about Brady.  This was about Manning, and I was simply saying that Belichick's scheme success vs. Manning was what vaulted him to "Genius" status in the minds of the media.  Now no other coach in the league has been given that moniker, but there are plenty that have won playoff games and superbowls with less talent than the pats, but it was Belichick's previous dominance over Manning that got him that label.  Of course, with losses against Manning 6 of the last 7 times, now he is just another good coach and Manning is the most cerebral QB in the NFL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Sim - Didn't say it wouldn't be an upset.  The colts are favored so that alone would suggest a Jets win is an upset.  I am just not buying TP's hyperbole.  Now the pats win over the Rams - That was a major upset.  maybe that's when the Belichick genius thing started.  That's probably it.

Back to Colts/Jets - I have gone over this thing many many times and keep coming up with, "how can the Jets win".  but then I am bombared with media analysis suggesting it should not be all that hard for the Jets to beat the colts. 

sure I am hedging a bit, but not where TP's over the top posts are concerned.  I am not buying that.  And I know why TP is doing it.  He is trying to set it up so that if the Colts lose he can go on and on and on about how the colts choked again.  He's as transparent as they come, you know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I guess this is what happens when you eat cow patties - turd just flows right out of every orifice.

TP - again - I don't jest at all.  While the Jets may be the underdog, they are not as big an underdog as the giants were to the pats.  No one picked the giants to win, but that is not the case with the jets.

About 25% picked the Giants in 2007.

10% are picking the Jets tomorrow.

I couldn't find the same breakdown for both games (meaning the same individuals picking), but this easily refutes your point that no one picked the Giants and that more are picking the Jets.

It certainly appeared that the 09 pats were the most dominant team in history thus failing miserably with the biggest upset loss in history.  Too bad there is trophy form most dominant 2nd place team

The 09 Pats were dominant? Hmm. News to many.

Originality isn't my bag.  Getting the point across is more important.  You got it.

Neither are logic and honesty. You are in sales after all.

And what exactly does Billy Volek have to do with Peyton Manning - stay on task boy - this was about Manning.  I guess when you can't refute an arguement you change the subject. 

His point was that the Chargers beat the Colts with their backup when they shouldn't have beaten them in the first place. Manning's poor play had much to do with that. I didn't think it was too hard to understand.

I did mention the Manning pick to cromartie.  It was at the end of the half and was called back for a block in the back.  Isn't it funny how so many big plays end up not being big because someone was breaking the rules in order to make it happen?

Actually, it was funny that it was called back. The only rule broken on that play was the refs only going halfway to favor the colts. I understand Manning is still upset that they didn't reverse the INT.

Again you're going off subject.  This was not about Brady.  This was about Manning, and I was simply saying that Belichick's scheme success vs. Manning was what vaulted him to "Genius" status in the minds of the media.  Now no other coach in the league has been given that moniker, but there are plenty that have won playoff games and superbowls with less talent than the pats, but it was Belichick's previous dominance over Manning that got him that label.  Of course, with losses against Manning 6 of the last 7 times, now he is just another good coach and Manning is the most cerebral QB in the NFL.

Not really. Beating the Indy game plans had something to do with cementing the status. Out scheming Martz in 2001 was what vaulted him to genius.

With apologies, Tex. I know you own this guy, but some of the stuff he has been spouting on this thread just became too much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Root (or should I call you Texas Pat - you are answering for him)

1.  so ESPN is the Vegas line.  Got it.  And the experts are different (choke).  Nice Sample.
    2.  Sorry about 09 pats (you're right, they s*cked), as you probably gathered, I meant the 07 pats.  don't really proof read these things.
    3.  Nice opinion dig.  Every time you do it, it brings a smile to my face because you've been bothered by something I said and have no decent retort so you insult. 
    4.  And my point was that the subject was Manning, which relates to Indy's offense to which Volek was no effect and vice versa.  If you bring up Volek, you might want to criticize the colts D, not manning.  That would be more appropriate, which shouldn't be hard to understand.
    5.  Of course you have a different (incorrect) perspective on this.  I never expect you to agree with a call the colts get.  You probably thought Bart Scott should not have been called for tripping in the earlier colts/jets game that stopped a drive.  Scott can't be responsible for and thus should not be called for a crap that caused his leg to stick out straight in the air for a few seconds just as the running back is entering the hole.  
    6.  Yes, I noted that about BB in my response to Sim.  You are both likely correct about that.  His future success vs Manning likely merely solidified the label. 
    7.  LOL - there is that own thing again.  Say it all you like.  In fact, say it after every post I write.  The broken record only makes you look petty.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

1.  so ESPN is the Vegas line.  Got it.  And the experts are different (choke).  Nice Sample.

Your post states "no one picked the Giants to win". That doesn't indicate experts or that you are specifically talking about Vegas. Conveniently redefining what you meant to "prove" me incorrect is, well, let's just say it is what you need to do because you know you won't win an argument in any other way.

2.  Sorry about 09 pats (you're right, they s*cked), as you probably gathered, I meant the 07 pats.  don't really proof read these things.

I know. You can't be held responsible for your own BS because you don't even read what you write after. Good that you know it too.

3.  Nice opinion dig.  Every time you do it, it brings a smile to my face because you've been bothered by something I said and have no decent retort so you insult.  

Sorry, chief. It isn't an opinion. It has been demonstrated by several posters that you lie to make your points. Your "logic" has similarly been deconstructed by several posters. These issues passed from the realm of opinion into that of fact quite some time ago. 

4.  And my point was that the subject was Manning, which relates to Indy's offense to which Volek was no effect and vice versa.  If you bring up Volek, you might want to criticize the colts D, not manning.  That would be more appropriate, which shouldn't be hard to understand.

OK, so you deliberately misunderstood Tex's point so you could be condescending. Got it.

5.  Of course you have a different (incorrect) perspective on this.  I never expect you to agree with a call the colts get.  You probably thought Bart Scott should not have been called for tripping in the earlier colts/jets game that stopped a drive.  Scott can't be responsible for and thus should not be called for a crap that caused his leg to stick out straight in the air for a few seconds just as the running back is entering the hole.  

Please don't put words in my mouth. It is sad and an obvious (though poor) attempt to distract.  And, please, stick to the point, son. I don't even know what call you are talking about wrt colts/Jets. 

The call that brought back Cromartie's TD was bogus. The colt player engaged the Charger blocker and pulled him down. If anything there should have been holding on the colts. The fact that you can't speak to the event and try to use another one speaks volumes about your memory. To you it was just a call that vaguely happened. I actually remember the play. 

6.  Yes, I noted that about BB in my response to Sim.  You are both likely correct about that.  His future success vs Manning likely merely solidified the label. 

Thank you for acknowledging this.

7.  LOL - there is that own thing again.  Say it all you like.  In fact, say it after every post I write.  The broken record only makes you look petty. 

Sure. Not sure how it makes one look petty though. The fact is that Tex has dismantled your points and refuted them. In current parlance, he owns you. You don't like it - stop whining like a Cowboy defender and man up - make better arguments, take a class in remedial logic, use facts instead of bluster when writing...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Enoch - your use of semantics is petty.  My conversational tone is fine on the boad.  This isn't debate club as much as you would like it to be.  Your tactics are obvious.   

My points and facts stand firmly on their own and were not refuted effectively at all. 

For example, one cannot remove a long Manning touchdown pass from consideration of his performance.  That would be like taking the chocolate out of chocolate almond ice cream.  

Finally, you really need to give up the ghost re: the calls for the colts (although I know you won't - It's become your raison d'etre).  There is no doubt the colts have benefitted from calls, but when you can't even accept good calls, like in the Chargers game, you've lost credibility on the subject.  Obviously, credibility is not a big thing to you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg(g)...LOL!!!! Still desperately trying to gather cover, just in case the Jets somehow upset your lovables. Here we go again. You stated the following:

"...While the Jets may be the underdog, they're not as big an underdog as the giants were to the pats.  No one picked the giants to win, but that is not the case with the jets.

RESPONSE: As many commentators picked the Giants as are picking the Jets. Why? Because some commentators figure that they have nothing to lose by picking an underdog, and everything to gain, should the dog come through.   

It certainly appeared that the 09 pats were the most dominant team in history thus failing miserably with the biggest upset loss in history.  Too bad there is trophy form most dominant 2nd place team.

RESPONSE: The 2007 Pats failed miserably?? How...by losing in the last minute to a very good Giants' team by three points in the dying minutes...after being pearl-harbored by the media/Specter conspiracy on the eve of the big game? Want an example of "failing miserably"? The Colts getting crushed by the Patriots in 2003-2004...losing at home to the Steelers in 2005, and allowing themselves to lose to inferior Charger teams in 2007-2008, are examples of "failing miserably".  

RESPONSE: Yes, we all know that "originality isn't your bag". Neither is veracity...LOL!!

Jets soound eerily similar to the Giants, crushing teams on the road in the playoffs while demonstrating mediocrity in the regular season.  Thanks for making my point to me.

RESPONSE: What a joke!! Crushing teams on the road?? Who did they crush...the "powerful" Cincinnati Bengals?? LOL!! Are you calling a 3 point win in San Diego a "crushing"? If thats' so, I guess that it can be argued that the Chargers "crushed" your Colts in 2007, and 2008...LOL!!!

Why would you compare a rising 07 team with the following year's 2008 team.  Are you suggesting that the Jets won't be better next year than this year?  I'll take that bet.

RESPONSE: I'm stating facts. You're espousing speculation.

I find it very convenient of you to claim the Giants were underrated (especially after mentioning how they were destroyed in the Reg season twice by the Cowboys) after they beat the Pats.  Revisionist History is what they call that my friend. 

RESPONSE: From the point of view of a troll, yes. But, objective folks would see things differently.

Now you are pulling stats from stats to make your stats look better.  I could say the Jets won't run on the colts well, because 1) when the colts played half their starters they held the jets run game in check.  2) the Jets did not run well against the chargers if I remove the 53 yd TD run.  The stats are the stats.  Take away a long touchdown from the colts and you remove points too. 

RESPONSE: I agree that the Jets will not be able to run on the Colts. Why? Because Indy has a very underrated defense. It is by far the fastest "D" in the league. Though they rank something like 24th overall against the run, within the redzone, the Colts rank 6th. Furthermore, if I'm not mistaken, The Colts are #1 in scoring defense. Once the Jets are unable to run, and fall behind, they'll have to depend more on Mark Sanchez. Then, the "reign of turnovers", along with the obligatory favorable flags, will begin.

I also agree that the Chargers did a good job of stopping the Jets running game. They lost because of dumb penalties, and, in my view, their under-use of RB Darren Sproles. Sproles only had 10 touches on offense, yet averaged over 9 yards per touch.  

But, what does that have to do with Peyton's tepid performance in last years' playoff loss in San Diego? The Colts' offense lost that game...not their defense. Why is it that you and the media are so reluctant to criticize ol' horseface?

I'm sorry if the truth is offensive to you, Dogg(g). But, theres' a reason why the Colts have "failed miserably" in the play-offs over the years. Your boys have lacked the heart to get it done. They were very, very lucky in 2006, when Peyton won his sole SB. They were gift-wrapped a ticket to the SB by the referees, when they edged the Patriots (Oh...I'm sorry. The Colts beat the Pats by more than three points...so that was a "crushing"...LOL!). Then, they were lucky again, as they drew an overmatched QB named Rex Grossman (never was a player more aptly named), in the SB.

It pains me to say that, once again, the Colts are lucking out. They've drawn a seven loss team, led by a rookie QB, in the AFC title game. What an easy ride to a SB!!        

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Why does anyone from the PATS board even talk with this clown UNDEROOS?  
    He is a CHRONIC Liar, who is only here to be a thorn in the side of anyone who allows him to feel good about himself by eliciting a reply.

IGNORE the giant TURD and he will just sit in the corn field and decay away in the winter mist.... 
    No matter what he is just like most politicians in the FACT that he speaks out of both sides of his mouth and is only out to make enough lies to use one to cover his backside when he is caught....  

I used to use an abacus to keep track of the lies that were told on this forum... then UNDEROOS showed up and now I need a supercomputer... if he opens his mouth (or types in this forum) you may as well start at the #10 and work from there, as there is destined to be at least that many mis-truths in the writing.

As we speak the man is over licking Poutins feet, and begging him for forgiveness, because stated that BB owner Poutin until the leagus started making all Colts/Pats games in Indy.... What is the over/under on Pass Interferrence calls against the Jets?

Sections
Shortcuts