Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true?

Im a Patriots fan living here in Florida for the last 15 years. Today a sports show with the Shot Doctor are saying Randy Moss is going to be traded by the Patriots this year. I know this sounds stupid and crazy but this guy as goofy as he is, has been for the most part correct about the Patriots and their dealings over the years. He's saying Moss wants out of New England and wants out Now! Obviously Moss wants his last big paycheck which is fine, but if I hear anything more I will post it here on the board.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true?

Sounds like the guy has been reading too much of the Boston.com message board!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true?:
    Sounds like the guy has been reading too much of the Boston.com message board!!
    Posted by NEGAME

nope

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

In Response to Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true? : nope
    Posted by Stompper

Stomp, I meant the guy doing the show. I don't see anyway the Patriots will trade Moss They need receivers as it is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Thats the rumor thats going around.  Moss says he does not believe that he will be with NE after this season, so I guess that translates to him being traded. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Yeah BB is senile,he plans on trading both Moss and Brady to the Bucs fro their first round pick and Barrett Ruud.Quack!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

We hope he will.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Moss is in a contract year which historiclly have been his best years, and the Pats are thin at the WR position. Unless the Pats can get a 1st or an early 2nd I just don't see a trade coming. But ESPN is sure trying hard to push a trade through

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

If Moss realy wanted out of New England he would say so publicly.

This reporter(joke) is just trying to give Flarida fans some hope for next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I wasn't aware Florida still had any professional sport's teams?  Florida sport's radio talk show host- First, talk about self-induced masochism and pathos.  Second, IF I actually didn't live at the artic circle of upper connecticut, and I believed there still was a Sun I'd be outside playing sports (or would like to think I would).  Third, I'm sure Mr. Shot Doctor just got off the horn with his insider foxboro connection.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I wasn't aware Florida still had any professional sport's teams?  Florida sport's radio talk show host- First, talk about self-induced masochism and pathos.  Second, IF I actually didn't live at the artic circle of upper connecticut, and I believed there still was a Sun I'd be outside playing sports (or would like to think I would).  Third, I'm sure Mr. Shot Doctor just got off the horn with his insider foxboro connection.   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

They have 3 NFL teams, 2 NHL teams, 2 MLB teams and 2 NBA teams......That is more professional sports teams than NY has.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

No chance IMHO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Sounds like wishful thinking from someone who still remembers Randy catching TD passes against the Dullphins with one hand tied behind his back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

m1021-

When I was living in Ft. Myers, Florida- Someone once made mention to me that there was a point when The Bucs were so lowly thought of & had such a meager following that something like Domino's Pizza was giving away pairs of tickets with their pizza delivery orders...  

SEE in otherwords, I was attempting to be overtly satirical on FLA being the Sport's hub of this nation and likewise fire a bullet towards the credentials of someone in this sport's mecca calling himself "The Shot Doctor."  Overall, I feel this thread really could be a live petri-dish for breeding some haughty NE wit (as yet non-fully cultivated).  And so, as it needs (and is really asking for) some formulated injection of the sardonic flowing under this thread's skin for me to trully grasp the full merit of The Shot Doctor's Insider Scoup of NE Patriot Offseason Moves, without turning to the self-cures of bourbine or turpentine for me to take this news as credible...  "Water Helen...wat-er...THIS is wahtrrr."  Oh well, f' it...I'm gonna call it a failed lesson, pour myself some Old Grandad & call it a day.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Trading Moss would be one of the dumbest moves in the history of the franchise.  Because of his age and contract status, he would probably only bring in a 2nd or 3rd round draft choice.  

Does it sound like a good idea to literally just pi*s away 1200 yards and 13 touchdowns from our already struggling offense?  To me, it sounds like a horrible, atrocious idea.  I have a feeling a guy named Tom Brady might agree with me.  No way BB pulls the trigger on a Moss trade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true? : Stomp, I meant the guy doing the show. I don't see anyway the Patriots will trade Moss They need receivers as it is.
    Posted by NEGAME

I dont disagree with you, but this guy whos kinda goofey ihas been right about the Patriots the last 4 years I listen to his show, from what he is saying the Vikings are waiting on Farve to say hes coming back and he may seek to go a trade to Minn. for a final Super Bowl run. I knwo alot of it is just hype but he was right about stuff going on and dead on when it happened

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Well Im betwen Orlando and Daytona Beach, and all they talk about here in Florida is college sports, I hate it. Even though Tampa stadium is only 1 hour away and Jacksonville 2 hours away and Miami, well thats a whole world you dont wanna get into (Little Cuba) and if you go the wrong way there you get kidnapped held hostage, raped and then kicked out. I went back twice!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true? : They have 3 NFL teams, 2 NHL teams, 2 MLB teams and 2 NBA teams......That is more professional sports teams than NY has.....
    Posted by m1021us

Your right. but no one down here cares, the owner of Jacksonville wants to move, the Orlando Magic, getting a new stadium as we speak no one here cares, the food here in Florida stinks, they cant cook meat and have NO good prime rib, the chinese food taste jewish, its all wrong!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Trading Moss would be one of the dumbest moves in the history of the franchise.  Because of his age and contract status, he would probably only bring in a 2nd or 3rd round draft choice.   Does it sound like a good idea to literally just pi*s away 1200 yards and 13 touchdowns from our already struggling offense?  To me, it sounds like a horrible, atrocious idea.  I have a feeling a guy named Tom Brady might agree with me.  No way BB pulls the trigger on a Moss trade.
    Posted by pyegian

Yeah, because BB never traded away a #1 WR on his team before....oh, wait...he did...TWICE!  One of them was a SuperBowl MVP.....

I really hate it how we have a struggling offense that was ranked #6 in scoring in the NFL.....HORRIBLE!  that is a really struggling offense that was ranked 3rd in total Yards per game.....only 6.5 YPG less than the #1 ranked offense.....HORRIBLE! 

But the only sense to trade Moss is if they get an offer that they can't refuse...otherwise it would be best to let him play it out this year, then tag and trade him next year......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true? : Your right. but no one down here cares, the owner of Jacksonville wants to move, the Orlando Magic, getting a new stadium as we speak no one here cares, the food here in Florida stinks, they cant cook meat and have NO good prime rib, the chinese food taste jewish, its all wrong!
    Posted by Stompper

Isn't it funny how many pro teams Florida has?  I think that they have more than any other state....Texas and NY are close.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

m1021 - When I was living in Ft. Myers, Florida- Someone once made mention to me that there was a point when The Bucs were so lowly thought of & had such a meager following that something like Domino's Pizza was giving away pairs of tickets with their pizza delivery orders...   SEE in otherwords, I was attempting to be overtly satirical on FLA being the Sport's hub of this nation and likewise fire a bullet towards the credentials of someone in this sport's mecca calling himself "The Shot Doctor."  Overall, I feel this thread really could be a live petri-dish for breeding some haughty NE wit (as yet non-fully cultivated).  And so, as it needs (and is really asking for) some formulated injection of the sardonic flowing under this thread's skin for me to trully grasp the full merit of The Shot Doctor's Insider Scoup of NE Patriot Offseason Moves, without turning to the self-cures of bourbine or turpentine for me to take this news as credible...  "Water Helen...wat-er...THIS is wahtrrr."  Oh well, f' it...I'm gonna call it a failed lesson, pour myself some Old Grandad & call it a day.   

Although you are correct in some respect( and I use that term very loosely) Even this guy who does the show wants out of Florida. But, with that said he has been correct on most of all the NFL trades, and happenings around the league for the last 4 years I have listened. He does his show in a funny format and is a goofball but he is usually dead on. I know its stupid and Im not trying to create a trade rumor but unless I can sleep with Moss'es girlfriend I cant say for sure. Now about that Old Grandad, I actually likeCrown better. And if you hang out around Tampa stadium the only thing you get down here is picked up by the cops for prostitution. Not that I have been charged, Ive actually never been convicted, the cops here are easy to buy off. With as many sport teams here in Florida yo uwould think it would be more alive, but its not, I guess I could go to Miami and hang out with Hulk Hogan

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

In Response to Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true? : Well Im betwen Orlando and Daytona Beach, and all they talk about here in Florida is college sports, I hate it. Even though Tampa stadium is only 1 hour away and Jacksonville 2 hours away and Miami, well thats a whole world you dont wanna get into (Little Cuba) and if you go the wrong way there you get kidnapped held hostage, raped and then kicked out. I went back twice!
    Posted by Stompper
    HOW COME YOU ONLY WENT BACK TWICE?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Trading Moss would be one of the dumbest moves in the history of the franchise.  Because of his age and contract status, he would probably only bring in a 2nd or 3rd round draft choice.   Does it sound like a good idea to literally just pi*s away 1200 yards and 13 touchdowns from our already struggling offense?  To me, it sounds like a horrible, atrocious idea.  I have a feeling a guy named Tom Brady might agree with me.  No way BB pulls the trigger on a Moss trade.
    Posted by pyegian

How can you say its a dumb move without knowing who or what we'd get in return? No-one should be "untradeable" and you should always listen to offers.

I'm not liking the idea that Moss still has a year on his contract here but he's already planning on his next career move and using the media to advertise his services. 

I'd rather trade him this year and get something significant in return than see him walk next year and get nothing for him. There's a truckload of top end WRs in FA this year. I'm sure Moss could be replaced easily.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Now about that Old Grandad, I actually likeCrown better. And if you hang out around Tampa stadium the only thing you get down here is picked up by the cops for prostitution. Not that I have been charged, Ive actually never been convicted, the cops here are easy to buy off. With as many sport teams here in Florida yo uwould think it would be more alive, but its not, I guess I could go to Miami and hang out with Hulk Hogan."

Stompper...Lol, and I really wish you had told me about the "He's got a son that's a p!g too; he's collectin' payoffs from a dark alley" BUYOFF part and protocol of FLA police, BEFORE nice guy Laz 6 years ago, came home from working 12 hours at his Ft. Myers Bartending gig in order to cook his extremely unappreciative girlfriend, A Valentine's Day Dinner.  And after said subsequently dumped-girlfriend managed to come home at 2 am, nice-guy Laz hit the wall (I did...literally...with a 40 pound dumbell) after girl clocked me in the head with a thrown remote control and neighbors heard the yelling and called the cops.  And yup, you guessed it, head officerette came in and saw Mr. busted wall and said, "Let's just take him in."  3 days of being forgotten about (to see judge) and I said I was losing it (a big mistake) = 5 more days in Jail psych ward.  8 days, 8! days and No charges...nothin but that fun lil' experience in county for 8 days (they did apologize to me, saying the psych officer left my papers on her desk for that long weekend...so that's sweet).  Anyway, Where were ya then stompper...WHERE were You then?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true? : Your right. but no one down here cares, the owner of Jacksonville wants to move, the Orlando Magic, getting a new stadium as we speak no one here cares, the food here in Florida stinks, they cant cook meat and have NO good prime rib, the chinese food taste jewish, its all wrong!
    Posted by Stompper

So true.  The food tastes like air.  I lived in Gainesville for 2+ years.  I was expecting excellent citrus fruit. Wrong!  The oranges tasted like bread.  Pizza is just awful (the highly chorinated water does not help).  The sandwhich meats all taste like baloney.  Even the alligator was bland.  Lobster tasted like whitefish. And there is always the risk of finding a Palmetto cockroach in your food, like my friend found in the bottom of her large cupped soda.

But the women?  Well, they make up for it.  Gorgeous.  Amazingly gorgeous.  California has nothing on Florida in that regard.

Stomper, you may have a good source for sports talk rumors, but such a move makes absolutely zero sense for the Pats.

Sections
Shortcuts