Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true?

In Response to Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true?:
    In Response to Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true? : So true.  The food tastes like air.  I lived in Gainesville for 2+ years.  I was expecting excellent citrus fruit. Wrong!  The oranges tasted like bread.  Pizza is just awful (the highly chorinated water does not help).  The sandwhich meats all taste like baloney.  Even the alligator was bland.  Lobster tasted like whitefish. And there is always the risk of finding a Palmetto cockroach in your food, like my friend found in the bottom of her large cupped soda. But the women?  Well, they make up for it.  Gorgeous.  Amazingly gorgeous.  California has nothing on Florida in that regard. Stomper, you may have a good source for sports talk rumors, but such a move makes absolutely zero sense for the Pats.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Not true.  It does for the right price....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

" Now about that Old Grandad, I actually likeCrown better. And if you hang out around Tampa stadium the only thing you get down here is picked up by the cops for prostitution. Not that I have been charged, Ive actually never been convicted, the cops here are easy to buy off . With as many sport teams here in Florida yo uwould think it would be more alive, but its not, I guess I could go to Miami and hang out with Hulk Hogan ." Stompper ...Lol, and I really wish you had told me about the " He's got a son that's a p!g too; he's collectin' payoffs from a dark alley " BUYOFF part and protocol of FLA police, BEFORE nice guy Laz 6 years ago, came home from working 12 hours at his Ft. Myers Bartending gig in order to cook his extremely unappreciative girlfriend, A Valentine's Day Dinner.  And after said subsequently dumped-girlfriend managed to come home at 2 am, nice-guy Laz hit the wall (I did...literally...with a 40 pound dumbell) after girl clocked me in the head with a thrown remote control and neighbors heard the yelling and called the cops.  And yup, you guessed it, head officerette came in and saw Mr. busted wall and said, "Let's just take him in."  3 days of being forgotten about (to see judge) and I said I was losing it (a big mistake) = 5 more days in Jail psych ward.  8 days, 8! days and No charges...nothin but that fun lil' experience in county for 8 days (they did apologize to me, saying the psych officer left my papers on her desk for that long weekend...so that's sweet).  Anyway, Where were ya then stompper ...WHERE were You then?
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

LAZ...lol One of my friends is a cop here and one of the biggest things they do is 2 times a month run a sting with 2 lady cops to bust guys for stopping and saying hello. the ladys get the guys to say a few things on tape and bang...on go the bracelets and the ruination of their lives.They average 100 busts or more in a month of fresh revenue for the county.
    I would never have believed this could go on in this day and age but welcome to FLorida one of theeeeeee most corrupt states I have ever had the pleasure to live in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

That's the first I've ever heard of that.   Is Jim Mandich pushing this rumor?
    Posted by STP43FAN

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true? : HOW COME YOU ONLY WENT BACK TWICE?
    Posted by james355

They kicked me out cuz I liked it and kept going back for more

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

m1021us, what's your beef with Moss? Are you Breer in disguise?

I know you're a Phins' fan, but the Pats don't shoot themselves in the foot. BTW, we'll trade you guys Thomas for Sean Smith. Will you guys bite?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true? : LAZ...lol One of my friends is a cop here and one of the biggest things they do is 2 times a month run a sting with 2 lady cops to bust guys for stopping and saying hello. the ladys get the guys to say a few things on tape and bang...on go the bracelets and the ruination of their lives.They average 100 busts or more in a month of fresh revenue for the county. I would never have believed this could go on in this day and age but welcome to FLorida one of theeeeeee most corrupt states I have ever had the pleasure to live in.
    Posted by Stompper

So true.  Gainesville had a property owner worth about $6 mill that ran the town. He had large, ugly rental units.  He once hired an acquaintance to build an architectural model  for a planned development.  Only $1000, but he still stiffed her.  She filed lawsuits over and over and over and over and over and every time the courthouse, "seemed to have misplaced the file".  All for a lousy $1000, when he had $6 million. It was also a mob town, which surprised me. 

I grew up in Cranston, which had/maybe still has a large mob presence and I still thought Gainesville was more corrupt.  Even the university prez, Lombardi, was caught stealing from the school and fired.  It is just one, huge, good 'ole boys network down there.

And then there are the speed traps, whereby they go from 60 mph to 30 mph in a flash, the 30 mph sign placed behind some tree branches, and they hit you up for hundreds.  They'll even nab you for going  5mph over the limit.  They make Connecticut staties look comparatively easy going.

But I did meet some cool people, too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true? : Not true.  It does for the right price....
    Posted by m1021us

Theoretically, you are right. 

But we all know the Pats would take future picks, not another player to replace Moss, and then the receiving corps would be even worse than last season, meaning another year slips by for Brady w/o a realistic chance of winning the SB.  That alone might risk driving a wedge in Brady's contract negotiations.  It is a dangerous, too-risky idea.  You don't trade a known star commodity that is still producing strongly in exchange for two or three future maybes, especially with the Pats' recent failures at drafting receivers.  Do you see what I mean?

If anything, I would like them to get Moss a new, big contract this year.  He has been fantastic for them, playing through bad injuries last season and still tied for most receiving TDs in the league and 1300 yards. Welker won't contribute meaningfully in 2010, if at all.  Now is not the time to shed a star player,at any price.  I see him as a Pat for the rest of his career, despite his rhetoric.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

m1021us, first of all, if you are comparing Deion Branch to Randy Moss, the argument just stops there.  Branch was a very good player for us, but he's not a shadow of Randy Moss as a player, both in terms of production and drawing defenders away from other receivers.

But, if you do want to play that game...how did trading him away work out for the Pats?  Well, Reche Caldwell was the #1 receiver in 2006.  No explanation needed.

The fact is, if they trade Moss, there is nobody of even remotely close talent who will be there to replace him.  The only way I would do it is if it were for either: an emerging star receiver like Miles Austin or Sidney Rice (not going to happen), or a top 10 pick (where we could get Dez Bryant to replace him).  Barring that, trading Moss would be suicide for this team.  I know you said that you only think they'd do it for the right price, but I really don't think that getting the right price is realistic in this case.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Stompper and Laz
    You guys are too funny! Great stuff.
    Anyway, my two cents: Who thought we would trade Seymour last year? If a bad team wants to give us their first round pick for Moss, I say take it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

digger and stompper (lol...sorry, just the 2 names side by side feels like I'm responding to a couple fluorescent mutants from an Atari game-nevermind):

~I forgot to mention about my 8 day sabbatical in a FLA county...I was in there in my pj's (yeah).  And I'm a pretty big guy and I was lucky enough to go with the red & black pajama bottoms instead of the blue and white striped silk ones, so I had that little bit of extra added steely hardcore toughness in my corner- cause really, ya have the choice between f'ing with 2 people, someone in silk OR someone else in flanel pjs...well, the guy in flanel's as good as gold.  Unfortunately the guy sportin' the silk bottoms didn't get arrested that particular week...  When the cops are keepin you in your pajamas in County, you just know the pigs are simply sadists (oh except, the entire first of the 5 days in the psych ward ring of cells...when they strip you entirely).  I LOVED hearing of how my younger brother got arrested for being intoxicated in a CT town and the cops got him some McDonald's because he was at the station for 6 full hours, oh-before giving him a lift home (roflmao).  I said to him, "Seriously bad-#ss Scott...because 1 of the 8 days I was in before being released without charges, I ended up getting a blanket and rubber mat to lie on, the night after I was maced.  Hope you didn't fall in with the wrong crowd just to survive Scotty, joining the Aryan-Brotherhood or something?"  He said, "Nah, but there was a pretty mean looking girl complaining about a parking ticket...and there was only 1 packet of ketchup for the fries AND the cheeseburger, pigs treat'cha like your sub-human or something...".         

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If Moss were on another team everybody on here would be talking about how the Pats should make a move for him.  The grass isn't always greener, Moss is a top 5 NFL reciever and no rookie from the draft can replace that, the closest guy available is Marshall who's an even bigger headcase, and he didn't have as many yards or TD's as Moss did last year (with separated shoulder).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true? : So true.  The food tastes like air.  I lived in Gainesville for 2+ years.  I was expecting excellent citrus fruit. Wrong!  The oranges tasted like bread.  Pizza is just awful (the highly chorinated water does not help).  The sandwhich meats all taste like baloney.  Even the alligator was bland.  Lobster tasted like whitefish. And there is always the risk of finding a Palmetto cockroach in your food, like my friend found in the bottom of her large cupped soda. But the women?  Well, they make up for it.  Gorgeous.  Amazingly gorgeous.  California has nothing on Florida in that regard. Stomper, you may have a good source for sports talk rumors, but such a move makes absolutely zero sense for the Pats.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Interesting.   If you order whitefish, does it taste like lobster?   Seems there should be some scenario where you come out ahead financially and gastronomically.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

digger and stompper (lol...sorry, just the 2 names side by side feels like I'm responding to a couple fluorescent mutants from an Atari game-nevermind): ~ I forgot to mention about my 8 day sabbatical in a FLA county...I was in there in my pj's (yeah).  And I'm a pretty big guy and I was lucky enough to go with the red & black pajama bottoms instead of the blue and white striped silk ones, so I had that little bit of extra added steely hardcore toughness in my corner- cause really, ya have the choice between f'ing with 2 people, someone in silk OR someone else in flanel pjs...well, the guy in flanel's as good as gold.  Unfortunately the guy sportin' the silk bottoms didn't get arrested that particular week...  When the cops are keepin you in your pajamas in County, you just know the pigs are simply sadists (oh except, the entire first of the 5 days in the psych ward ring of cells...when they strip you entirely).  I LOVED hearing of how my younger brother got arrested for being intoxicated in a CT town and the cops got him some McDonald's because he was at the station for 6 full hours, oh-before giving him a lift home (roflmao).  I said to him, "Seriously bad-#ss Scott...because 1 of the 8 days I was in before being released without charges, I ended up getting a blanket and rubber mat to lie on, the night after I was maced.  Hope you didn't fall in with the wrong crowd just to survive Scotty, joining the Aryan-Brotherhood or something?"  He said, "Nah, but there was a pretty mean looking girl complaining about a parking ticket...and there was only 1 packet of ketchup for the fries AND the cheeseburger, pigs treat'cha like your sub-human or something...".         
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Well now they can hold you for up to 90 days without pressing any charges, from what my friend tells me the things they get away with is absolutely insane. The thing with Florida is most people dont stay in one home for more than 5 years and thats including young couples. You have no idea how hard it is to get haddock fish. There are no real bakery's no real italian food, I might have to call Chef Ramsey and have him open a restaraunt down here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Florida Sports Radio says Moss Being Traded, is it true? : Interesting.   If you order whitefish, does it taste like lobster?   Seems there should be some scenario where you come out ahead financially and gastronomically.
    Posted by nyjoseph

I can tell you this, You can get haddock at only one place I know of and its 12 bucks a pound

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Im actually thinking of gettin my Light Sport Pilots license for 3900. bucks and going back and forth to New England and selling the Haddock and lobster down here to these people

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Half the people are so baked down there that you could sell sea raven as haddock and eel as lobster and the people won't know the difference.  They're likely to be so famished that they will eat it and think it was the best seafood they ever had.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

We New Englanders are definitely seafood spoiled. Back in my sand worm digging days we would buy hard-shell lobsters right off the boat for 2 bucks a pound.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

We New Englanders are definitely seafood spoiled. Back in my sand worm digging days we would buy hard-shell lobsters right off the boat for 2 bucks a pound.
    Posted by digger0862

In 1998 I got a meal of two 1-lb. lobsters, frnech fries and corn on the cobb for $9.99 down by the docks at Booth Bay.

Five years ago I bought lobster in a posh Stonington, CT restaurant.  It was form Nova Scotia and it did not taste fresh.  $39.00

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

its very possible.if someone would have said, would the pats trade vrabel or seymour?i would have said you were nuts.so it is very possible a moss trade could happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

New England could and would trade Moss only if they were wowed with the offer. They would have to get a huge offer so they could replace the tallent lost for Brady. Technically almost all the players on any given team are available for a trade if the offer is right with exceptions like Brady, and Manning.

My guess is it will never happen he is too valuable in his contract year and we can always tag and trade him in 2011.