Florida teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Florida teams

Does it seem odd the 3 Florida NFL teams are struggling to sellout their games and are getting blacked out.

Didn't think the econmy was that bad down there with all the tourism pouring in.

Must be the on field product.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Florida teams

Most people are either asleep or in the long buffet line in Florida by game time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

people are out having fun in the sun. not a great sports state with the exception of colege football.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I live in Florida and this is Gator country! Second on the list of teams too watch the Seminoles! The guys down in Miami had one professional team the Hurricanes unfortunately the NCAA is on to them! The fish,Bucs and Jags couldn't draw flies!!! About the only real Major league level team to draw a decent crowd is Tampa Bay Lightening! Even high School Football teams outdraw the Rays and Marlins....The cause of the attendence problem is two-fold,1 the weather is unpredictable,2 the product that these teams put on the fields of play are second rate with 3 exceptions Rays,'Ning and Magic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

The University of Central Florida and the University of South Florida are also better draws than the Fins, Jags, and Bucks.  The State of Florida has 5 college teams with a shot at the top 25!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Contrary to what Bozo just said, the Bucs have had a good season ticket base and until the past couple yrs, used to sell out all their games.  I live in the area and the economy is definitely a major factor with them.

Jacksonville was never a legit NFL city in my opinion.  It's not a high income area and they don't have the corporate clients necessary to sell things like club seats and luxury boxes.  I went to a Pats game there about 5 yrs ago and couldn't believe how cheap the tickets were compared to Gillette. 

My take on Miami is that it's they'll jump on the 'Phins bandwagon when they're good but when the team's mediocre or bad they're quick to desert.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

My take on Miami is that it's they'll jump on the 'Phins bandwagon when they're good but when the team's mediocre or bad they're quick to desert.

Welcome to New England...

Welcome to New England, now go home if your in New Hampshire.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Have you ever been to Florida outside the tourist areas?  It just like the movie Deliverance. Undereducated and poor population.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Florida teams:
    [QUOTE]Contrary to what Bozo just said, the Bucs have had a good season ticket base and until the past couple yrs, used to sell out all their games.  I live in the area and the economy is definitely a major factor with them. Jacksonville was never a legit NFL city in my opinion.  It's not a high income area and they don't have the corporate clients necessary to sell things like club seats and luxury boxes.  I went to a Pats game there about 5 yrs ago and couldn't believe how cheap the tickets were compared to Gillette.  My take on Miami is that it's they'll jump on the 'Phins bandwagon when they're good but when the team's mediocre or bad they're quick to desert.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE] I know that at one time the Bucs had a great fan base and you are probably right as to the economy playing a major role in the downward spiral for attendance at Bucs games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

[QUOTE]Have you ever been to Florida outside the tourist areas?  It just like the movie Deliverance. Undereducated and poor population.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Florida is the azzpit of the country...except for the places where east coast educated folks reside to vacay or retire, it's a vast desert of ignorance and desolation....some of the folks you meet are truly scary...it's one depressing place to live if you are poor or uneducated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]people are out having fun in the sun. not a great sports state with the exception of colege football.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

In the Florida I remember, especially this time of year, people are trying to get out of the sun and into the A/C. Life without A/C is unbearable in Southern Florida.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

I live in Miami. This is the worst sports town in the nation. They won't even back winning teams. The Dolphins are blacking out games, but with little ticket success. I went on line for the Monday Night game and could have bought tickets in half the sections of the stadium.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

[QUOTE]Have you ever been to Florida outside the tourist areas?  It just like the movie Deliverance. Undereducated and poor population.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

It's no different than western Massachusetts!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

Last I saw, Florida unemployment was at 12.3%. That might have something to do with it. 

The Bucs have an up and coming young team.  It is a good time to get season tickets because after the economy rebounds they will be unavailable again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah a few times. I didn't see any comparisons to Deliverance. Now go to the Ozarks if you want to see Deliverance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Welcome to New England, now go home if your in New Hampshire.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Phil. you dogging New Hampshire? What are you trying to say?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

I went to grad school at UMASS Amherst...in NO WAY is western MA like anything you find in "Gater" country...no way...get off the beaten path in Fla, at night, away from any type of civilization, and it's truly scary...miles of nothing but unlighted roads with the glades on either side of you....no way...I'd take western MA over ANYPLACE in Fla. !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I went to grad school at UMASS Amherst...in NO WAY is western MA like anything you find in "Gater" country...no way...get off the beaten path in Fla, at night, away from any type of civilization, and it's truly scary...miles of nothing but unlighted roads with the glades on either side of you....no way...I'd take western MA over ANYPLACE in Fla. !
    Posted by hambonawilliams[/QUOTE]

Been through northwestern mass a few times coming of the NY thruway on my way to 495 t get to Maine. Its beautiful and the towns look very colonial. I agree from what I've seen of western mass it beats fla.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

[QUOTE]I went to grad school at UMASS Amherst...in NO WAY is western MA like anything you find in "Gater" country...no way...get off the beaten path in Fla, at night, away from any type of civilization, and it's truly scary...miles of nothing but unlighted roads with the glades on either side of you....no way...I'd take western MA over ANYPLACE in Fla. !
    Posted by hambonawilliams[/QUOTE]

At least all those rednecks in Florida know how to spell,Gator, unlike those wicked smaht, birkenstock-wearing North Hampton people.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

Miami has never been a good pro sports town. It is interesting that the Dolphins have a national fan base but not a local one. When I was a kid and the Patriots were bad every year the fair weather fans jumped on the Dolphin bandwagon. It was the same thing with the Cowboys only they had a local fan base. I think fair weater fans were drawn to the pretty uniforms. I always loved the Pat's.

The Marlins don't appear to get anyone to go to their games. The Ray's for a good team don't seen to draw too well either.

Not sure if Miami is the worst sports town. Atlanta may be worse. If you remember when the Braves were in the World Series they were not selling out home games. When the Celtics played the Hawks one year WBZ walked the streets and asked people about the Hawsk and no one seemed to know anything. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Florida teams : At least all those rednecks in Florida know how to spell,Gator, unlike those wicked smaht, birkenstock-wearing North Hampton people.

Posted by TampaPete[/QUOTE]

Good post Pete!  But go easy on the western Mass tie-dyed set.  All the excitement may cause flashbacks to the night they dropped 4 hits of mesc and Jerry's hair turned purple as he played Tennessee Jed for half an hour.  Not a good scene.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Florida teams:
    [QUOTE]Does it seem odd the 3 Florida NFL teams are struggling to sellout their games and are getting blacked out. Didn't think the econmy was that bad down there with all the tourism pouring in.   Must be the on field product.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

The economy in Florida is horrible. Great time to buy a retirement place down there, prices have dropped and continue to go down. I worked for Florida Power and Light (FPL) for 2 years (they own Seabrook Nuclear Plant). Heard nothing but griping about how bad the economy was in Florida and why they couldn't give raises. Of course the CEO got a $17 million bonus while our health insurance doubled and out of pocket for a family went from $2000/yr to $8000/yr. They couldnt understand why I decided to leave...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]Most people are either asleep or in the long buffet line in Florida by game time.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

lol