Florio Continues to Peck Away at Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Florio Continues to Peck Away at Patriots

What a jerk this guy is turning out to be. He, along with Greg Easterbrook and Ron Borges, are vying for the title of greatest Patriots hater. In his latest whine, Florio complains about the "obvious conflict of interest" between ESPN and the Pats: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/24/espn-patriots-create-an-obvious-conflict-of-interest/  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Re: Florio Continues to Peck Away at Patriots

In Response to Florio Continues to Peck Away at Patriots:
         What a jerk this guy is turning out to be. He, along with Greg Easterbrook and Ron Borges, are vying for the title of greatest Patriots hater. In his latest whine, Florio complains about the "obvious conflict of interest" between ESPN and the Pats: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/24/espn-patriots-create-an-obvious-conflict-of-interest/   
    Posted by TexasPat3

Florio criticized ESPN for it's handling of the Ben Roethlisberger sexual harrassment case as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

Florio's always had it in for the Pats (little jibes here, innacuracies there), unfortunately his site is too good at reporting general football news to stay away from it.  I can't read the comments though, it's amazing the number of crazies who still believe that ESPN favors the Patriots (I bet they beleive in aliens, too). 

After two years of being largest mass media outlet driving the hate bus through New England, proliferating the false story of the Patriots taping the Rams practice, three on air ESPN analysts calling for someone to hurt Brady to take him out of the game (Mike Schlerath, Mike Wilbon, Steve Young), and the travesty that has been their "coverage" of the video fiasco (Trey Wingnut, Chris Carter, Merrill Hodge, Greenburg, Felger, etc.), I have a hard time beleiving that any sane person would actually believe that ESPN favors the Patriots.  True, they do favor the negative stories from the Patriots, or any negative non issue (Mangina handshakes anyone?, Wilfork poking Jakobs), but that is becuase the Patriots drive traffic and bring in viewers. 

Florio's a child, ESPN still bites but hopefully ESPN Boston doesn't follow suit.  Yeah, I guess I still hold a grudge, although on a scale of importance (10 being most important) the whole thing is still a 1.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i have never seen anyone at ESPN ever taking shots at the pats...if anything...its the other way around...they su.ck so much pats man milk down that anything less than swallowing seems like a slight to pats "fans"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Florio Continues to Peck Away at Patriots:
    Florio's always had it in for the Pats (little jibes here, innacuracies there), unfortunately his site is too good at reporting general football news to stay away from it.  I can't read the comments though, it's amazing the number of crazies who still believe that ESPN favors the Patriots (I bet they beleive in aliens, too).  After two years of being largest mass media outlet driving the hate bus through New England, proliferating the false story of the Patriots taping the Rams practice, three on air ESPN analysts calling for someone to hurt Brady to take him out of the game (Mike Schlerath, Mike Wilbon, Steve Young), and the travesty that has been their "coverage" of the video fiasco (Trey Wingnut, Chris Carter, Merrill Hodge, Greenburg, Felger, etc.), I have a hard time beleiving that any sane person would actually believe that ESPN favors the Patriots.  True, they do favor the negative stories from the Patriots, or any negative non issue (Mangina handshakes anyone?, Wilfork poking Jakobs), but that is becuase the Patriots drive traffic and bring in viewers.  Florio's a child, ESPN still bites but hopefully ESPN Boston doesn't follow suit.  Yeah, I guess I still hold a grudge, although on a scale of importance (10 being most important) the whole thing is still a 1.
    Posted by fuzzy1

Fuzzy:

Do you think that ESPN is trying to mend fences with Bob Kraft and Pats fans, in the aftermath of bogus spygate...with ESPN Boston? Could this signal  a "truce" between both organizations?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucas182. Show lucas182's posts

wow.

theres five minutes of my life ill never get back.

actually more like ten..

from minute one to minute ten all i could think was "who gives?"

(PS.. I wish bradys bodyguards would have just killed the damn paparazzi.. leave people alone once in a while)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MudCityManglers. Show MudCityManglers's posts

I have to agree about this, but disagree about that! I know things are being done, but there are some things that are not being done and its finding a solution to making these solutions happen that is key to getting this done. Once we are able to score our scoring will go up, but its when we don't score, then we don't get any points. Once we have solutions to these problems then the problems won't exist. Waitress can I have another drink please? Oh my name is Dan Marino and that's my ESPN update of the week!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to Florio Continues to Peck Away at Patriots:
    Posted by TexasPat3

Florio is wrong 95% of the time, and this article is proof of it.....He is a moron.

It is funny that he has been called a Patriot Yahoo for years and now he is a hater.....Why did he change his tune?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Posted by MudCityManglers

Holy cow, that is one hideous avatar.  That should be illegal.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to Re: Florio Continues to Peck Away at Patriots : Holy cow, that is one hideous avatar.  That should be illegal.  
    Posted by carawaydj

Dude, that is his sister.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

So what exactly was wrong about what this guy said? It seems pretty fair to say this is a conflict of interest i mean that is pretty clear. That is all he was saying and he is right so what is the issue?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Bob Kraft does not seem to think ESPN lied since he is helping them out....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

wow now i have to get back to work, can't belive I waste my time on that piece of C R A P,  did he get paid to write that?

the comments were funny too, can't belive I subjected myself to those.  I forgot how many dumb a s ses "sports fans" there are.

ESPN blows the Boston Region?  I am a Boston Sports Fan living outside Mass,  I have watched more St Louis, San Fran, Chicago, Both Ny teams on their weekly Baseball Games. 
      During Basketball season I sure as hell heard more about the Western Confrence, Kobe and of Course LaBron, then I did anything on the Celtics.
      The Bruins were the best team in the eastern confrence and they couldn't get in a National Telecasted Game, even their playoff games were blacked out in markets! Watched Sidney, Alex, and the Ny Rangers. 

Which now brings me to Football.  The Patriots have been covered pretty well the last few years, yes mostly positive except for SpyGate, Brady and BB's off the field love intrests. But do you guys remember before the run started and and the Pats were teh laughing stock of the leauge?  When they won thier first SB it was "Luck".  Even after that SB win all the Experts always had the Pats as underdogs going into the next game. Don't know how you can be positive on the Pats when you have them losing ever week but Every week the Pats would prove them wrong. 

the Patriots have been one of  the best teams in the NFL for the last 9 years fighting deep into the Playoffs every year,  after each season the Pats also go out and make changes to thier Roster which makes ESPN cover them.  /thus offseason you had Tom Brady coming back after a year off, something worth covering, not like Flip-Flop Farve.

If the other fans teams did these things maybe the Pats wouldn't be a story on ESPN and Esppn would finally have a story to do on their team. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achainsaw. Show Achainsaw's posts

i have never seen anyone at ESPN ever taking shots at the pats...if anything...its the other way around...they su.ck so much pats man milk down that anything less than swallowing seems like a slight to pats "fans"
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Really? how bout Merril Hodge? Tom Jackson? Chris Carter?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

From ESPeeN 

is this a little too cheesy???

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/3549/too-soon-to-get-worked-up-over-shaky-patriots

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

In Response to Re: Florio Continues to Peck Away at Patriots :      Fuzzy:      Do you think that ESPN is trying to mend fences with Bob Kraft and Pats fans, in the aftermath of bogus spygate...with ESPN Boston? Could this signal  a "truce" between both organizations?
    Posted by TexasPat3

Absolutely.  I was surprised Kraft never complained publicly, but I don't think they appreciated getting thrown under the bus for so long and I have to think that ESPN has some serious mending to do.  I still think ESPN has lost a ton of market share in New England, and they have been desperately trying to win back the Boston sports fans.  So they give awards and try to pretend that no bias existed, but I don't think much has changed (I still don't watch or read their stuff). Besides, with NESN, CSN, NFL Network, Patriots All Access, SI, WEEI and the new SportHub, I don't need ESPN anymore.  You're right on about Florio, though, I really wish one of the other news sources would produce the same kind of consistant reporting that we see on PFT, without the bias or the childish TMZ stuff, but nobody else is even close.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Mike Florio is at it again...this time rumor mongering about Randy Moss: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/28/freeman-moss-is-dogging-it-again/

Sections
Shortcuts