Florio reports Pats will sign Amendola on first day of free agancy

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Florio reports Pats will sign Amendola on first day of free agancy

I trust Florio about as much as I trust Ron Borges.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Ok, now this I could see if it costs around 4-5 million per season. Slot guy, good talent, young, but a big risk as well.

I love Welker, but at 9 million no thanks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Just read the article - the article is far far from saying Florio is saying the Patriots have a deal in place for him for the first day of free agency. It's more like just speculation...kind of like what we do around here...doesn't sound like an inside scoup or actual news, which is really all Florio is capable of anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Please no..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If the following is the piece that you're referring to, then I agree with mthurl.  Idle speculation only.  

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio believes the Patriots may view free agent Danny Amendola as a fallback if they fail to re-sign Wes Welker. The idea of Amendola to the Patriots isn't new, but Florio wouldn't be surprised if it's already in the works. "The ace in the hole for the Patriots is (Amendola)," Florio said on the Dan Patrick Show. "It could be that the Patriots already have plans — and tampering’s not supposed to be happening, but every team is doing it. (They) may already have an understanding that on the first day of free agency, they're going to ink (Amendola) to replace (Welker)." Teams can officially begin talking with out-of-market free agents on Saturday. Mar 5 - 3:54 PM

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormymonday. Show stormymonday's posts

would be interested to see what this guy could do with Brady throwing to him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Hmmmm....I don't know...Kid's getting a rep as injury prone.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to stormymonday's comment:

would be interested to see what this guy could do with Brady throwing to him.

I'm actually pretty satisfied in what I've seen with Brady throwin' to Wes....

Just sayin'

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Amendola is like having another Edelman. Loveedelman, but often hurt. 

i would rather take Wes money and give it to Jared cook, and sign David Nelson with the leftovers. We would have 4, 6'5"" guys on the field at once. Cook is a TE, but also plays slot, and has speed...4.49 40, is 6"5", 250. I know he is not as productive as Wes, but Wes is production I think is bloated in this offense. wes is good, but I want to go bigger, and more versatility on the field. I am probably the only one here who doesn't want to resign Wes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

its called negotiations.

Wes leaks out that he has "disdain"

Pats whisper in Florios ear that Amendola could be a viable replacement...

its negotiating

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Amendola is like having another Edelman. Loveedelman, but often hurt. 

i would rather take Wes money and give it to Jared cook, and sign David Nelson with the leftovers. We would have 4, 6'5"" guys on the field at once. Cook is a TE, but also plays slot, and has speed...4.49 40, is 6"5", 250. I know he is not as productive as Wes, but Wes is production I think is bloated in this offense. wes is good, but I want to go bigger, and more versatility on the field. I am probably the only one here who doesn't want to resign Wes.

lifer you might not be seeing? readign my posts around the board.

having the offense go through a 4 yard slot target may help brady against poor teams but its a recipe for failure against better defenses. id rather have a legit outside wr (ie not lloyd).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

LMAO...glad to see there are so many professional journalists on this discussion board....no wonder why so many people have left this board.

The shear brillance of this post has caused my brain to go into shock, I may be unable to post for the remainder of the evening.

In the meantime if you could attempt an explaination as to what the hell you are talking about I would be most appreciative.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Not really a professional journalist, don't play one on tv either but some time ago I did learn to read.  Florio's piece is full of 'may', 'wouldn't be surprised' and 'believes'.  Sure reads like speculation to me and not particularly creative speculation at that.  How often has Amendola's name been mentioned in this forum in the past couple of months?  And, no, there's not a whole bunch of journalists posting in this forum.  But then again, that's just more idle speculation.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

There's probably 7 guys that can be had in the second round to play outside reviever for us if we trade up a little...the vols have three of them (although one will go early first and another may go early second). If Welker or Amendola can be had for somthing reasonable (I'm not saying cheap, but reasonable) sign one of them and draft that outside guy to go with Lloyd. I'm kind of leaning towards the younger and cheaper Amendola because it will leave us some serious money to acquire defensive help. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts