Florio reports Pats will sign Amendola on first day of free agancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Florio reports Pats will sign Amendola on first day of free agancy

By any chance were you "preachin to the choir brother".............

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

its called negotiations.

Wes leaks out that he has "disdain"

Pats whisper in Florios ear that Amendola could be a viable replacement...

its negotiating

Thanks, professor. As if we needed to be told that. Well, maybe you did from Cris Carter. lmao

You wouldn't know about leverage or negotiation if it fell on your face.  Hey, how is that dream job for the Jets going for Idzik?  LMAO

"dream job"

"Lombardi mulling over a deal"

lmao

do you mean the same Lombardi that was ready to give Flacco $25m per year if the Ravens folded? LMAO at your man crush on Lombardi

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

CSNNE reported this afternoon that WW and the Patriots are close to completing a 3 yr deal.So much for the Amendola speculations.Well as the world turns took another turn again last night in the newspaper negotiations between the Patriots and WW. Now WW is saying he will test the FA waters,I can only assume that the Patriots will leak their intentions on signing another SWR! WW may want too know what his FA value is but it won't sit well with BB. There is now an outside shot that the Florio article has merit. They should put all their marbles on Wallace and re-sign Edelman ! Then it will be noone's fault but WW's if they move on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Ok, now this I could see if it costs around 4-5 million per season. Slot guy, good talent, young, but a big risk as well.

I love Welker, but at 9 million no thanks.

I love Welker. If we lose him we had BETTER have his replacement (even if not a lsot guy) in place. But I will say this: for a guy who dropped a (tough) pass in the SB 2 years ago and then a critical pass in the AFC title game he should not be getting $9M. The guy has to step up in big, big games and make big plays and to @#$% it up 2 years in a row in the biggest games is too much to not take it into account at all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Ok, it's settled then Wes is coming back for 7M right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Ok, now this I could see if it costs around 4-5 million per season. Slot guy, good talent, young, but a big risk as well.

I love Welker. If we lose him we had BETTER have his replacement (even if not a lsot guy) in place. But I will say this: for a guy who dropped a (tough) pass in the SB 2 years ago and then a critical pass in the AFC title game he should not be getting $9M. The guy has to step up in big, big games and make big plays and to @#$% it up 2 years in a row in the biggest games is too much to not take it into account at all.

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to threejak's comment:

Ok, it's settled then Wes is coming back for 7M right?

I don't know what his salary is going to be but he's on the verge of re-signing with the Patriots and the length of the deal isn't known yet either it's either a 3 yr deal or a 5 year deal depending on which source has it right. In any case he's a better option than Amendola! Though a healthy Amendola isn't a bad SWR either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Is it not tampering if contact and discusions had started?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

See ya Brandon Lloyd and Deion Branch

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If it's true, Welker is probably gone, but isn't this guy just another version of Welker? A little younger maybe? But not as proven....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

If it's true, Welker is probably gone, but isn't this guy just another version of Welker? A little younger maybe? But not as proven....

I bet Welker gets signed, they get Amendola, and a big WR

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormymonday. Show stormymonday's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Hmmmm....I don't know...Kid's getting a rep as injury prone.

that's ture, we already have that in edelman

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I bet Welker gets signed, they get Amendola, and a big WR

Hope you're right. It'd be nice to have too many good WR's instead of none or one. It'd also be nice to get Mike Wallace--IF he could fit in the system and stretch the field. Not sure if he'd fit in or not, but he might. Worth a look at least, who knows. Lots of money to get him though, it'd have to be a border line sure fit to put out for it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

I love Welker. If we lose him we had BETTER have his replacement (even if not a lsot guy) in place...

I don't think they need to replace him with one guy. I'd prefer they don't myself, if they do they'll have the same problems come playoff time. Don't NEED Amendola if Welker walks, they can just resign Edelman and use him more, involve Vereen and Ridley more in the passing game and oh yeah, Hernandez. The offense would look different, but would still be effective.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

This is great! Someone to keep Ras I company on IR after week 3. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

There's probably 7 guys that can be had in the second round to play outside reviever for us if we trade up a little...the vols have three of them (although one will go early first and another may go early second). If Welker or Amendola can be had for somthing reasonable (I'm not saying cheap, but reasonable) sign one of them and draft that outside guy to go with Lloyd. I'm kind of leaning towards the younger and cheaper Amendola because it will leave us some serious money to acquire defensive help. 

I am leaning towards Edelman who will not cost the 6 million Amendola would.  Do you realize the is more to the field than the routes in and out of the hashes that Brady's top 3 targets run here in this system?

lol

Oh yes I do. Do you realize that Edelman is a former fragile quarterback that has made only 3 catches in his career beyond 12 yards? You want him to replace Welker? LOL! That would last three games - then Edelman will go on the IR for the year with a 7ypc average.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

What' up with the recent tendency to sign oft-injured players?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

This is great! Someone to keep Ras I company on IR after week 3. 

LOL...good one, phil.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Hmmmm....I don't know...Kid's getting a rep as injury prone.

good maybe he will be cheaper then

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It has been reported that Amendola's value is the $6 million mark

----------------------

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport says "at this point it looks like" Danny Amendola will be able to test the free-agent market.

"The Rams have their value on him. We'll see if he beats it in [free agency]," added Rapoport. The fragile slot receiver has missed 20 games over the last two seasons, and he isn't worth the $10-plus million on the franchise tag. Our own Evan Silva set Amendola's value at around $6 million per year in his Top 50 Free Agency Forecast. Rapoport names the 49ers and Patriots as suitors.

--------------------------

So pay in the $6 million range for the china built receiver Amendola or spend a couple extra million on Welker?  No brainer, you re-sign Welker.   But hey, going by some people here they would rather have Edelman and Amendola instead.  Who knows, maybe between the two of them combined the Patriots can get a full season out of them together. LOL!!  And still I doubt combined they have the production of Welker.  I'm pretty sure TFB wouldn't be thrilled about this.    Heck Amendola has only played 12 games in the last two years and has never broke 700 receiving yards an any 1 of the seasons he has played, not even the 1 year he played a complete season.  And Edelman has never played a complete season since he has been a Patriot.  Are Edelman and Amendola related?   No worries tho, it's a pretty safe bet that Florio is wrong. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

$6MM for someone who misses more than half the games and has a chance of not working out with TB

$9MM for someone who plays at least 15 games a season and is proven to work well with TB

Which deal gives you more value?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

$6MM for someone who misses more than half the games and has a chance of not working out with TB

$9MM for someone who plays at least 15 games a season and is proven to work well with TB

Which deal gives you more value?

It's a no brainer!! But even with some of the no brain people here they still don't get it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I trust Florio about as much as I trust Ron Borges.

LOL!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Agreed. The Pats have too many other holes to fill to spend that kind of money on Wes. He's been fabulous as a Patriot. But, he's 32 years old...and money needs to be spent on the secondary, the OL, the DL, and for a deep threat WR.