Florio reports Pats will sign Amendola on first day of free agancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Florio reports Pats will sign Amendola on first day of free agancy

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Ok, now this I could see if it costs around 4-5 million per season. Slot guy, good talent, young, but a big risk as well.

I love Welker, but at 9 million no thanks.

Agreed. The Pats have too many other holes to fill to spend that kind of money on Wes. He's been fabulous as a Patriot. But, he's 32 years old...and money needs to be spent on the secondary, the OL, the DL, and for a deep threat WR. 

Replacing Welker with someone who misses practically 2/3 of games is like creating a new hole and paying $5 MM in the process for that new hole. I am not saying keep Welker no matter how expensive. I am just saying Amendola, even at a lower number is not a good solution.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

THis reminds me of people who keep buying things they won't use, just because they are on sale. They think the item is of good value.

If I hear the word Value around here one more time I just might throw my computer out the window!  LOL!!

VALUE VALUE VALUE VALUE VALUE VALUE VALUE

LOL!!!

Thats it!! I'm outta here!!! LOL!  Well at least I know of one person who would like to see me gone!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Can you imagine if they were to resign Welker and he and Brady failed together in the postseason again?

Just saying.

What a disatrous finish to each's career. 

Can you imagine if they don't sign Welker and they pick up Amendola and keep Edelman and they both get hurt  and it effect s the team to where they miss the playoffs or something like that.  Man, what a disaster that would be to the reputation of BB and Mr. Kraft and the Patriots Org.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think if we can get some of the players we already have to play 16 + games we would be ok. The heck with injury prone castoffs Play 4 te's and play smash mouth. Hand it to Steven Jackson and then to Ridley and vareen in the 4th qtr. Brady would love his play action I bet. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Amendola will be on the IR a day after signing. The Ras I Dowling of the offense. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:

Amendola will be on the IR a day after signing. The Ras I Dowling of the offense. 

Game one Amendola trips on a hash mark and is out for the season!  Don't worry, here comes Edelman!!!  Hahahahaha!  I can't even type that without laughing!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I think if we can get some of the players we already have to play 16 + games we would be ok. The heck with injury prone castoffs Play 4 te's and play smash mouth. Hand it to Steven Jackson and then to Ridley and vareen in the 4th qtr. Brady would love his play action I bet. 

josh would still do his no back set he is enamored with

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

a goo ddefense wil shut down the short nd middle game. without a big outside wr who cna get downfield and who drwas doubel coverage, the baltimores of the world will beat the pats.

pickup a deandre hopkins or da rick rogers in the draft and even ideally another fa wr and get josh to mix the run and pass well (disgusing both so you cant predict). he has been poor at all of the above. with the talent we have, it onky shows his failure against better defenses.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Eagles to make an offer to Danny Amendola

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 11, 2013, 6:48 AM EDT AmendolaReuters

In 2009, the Eagles signed Danny Amendola to a league-minimum contract and had him on their roster throughout the offseason, but he never got into a regular-season game. Four years later, the Eagles are ready to sign Amendola to a significantly more lucrative contract.

Amendola, a soon-to-be free-agent receiver who isn’t expected to re-sign with the Rams, is in the Eagles’ plans, according to CSNPhilly.com.

When Amendola left the Eagles’ practice squad to join the Rams, Pat Shurmur was the offensive coordinator in St. Louis. Now Shurmur is the offensive coordinator in Philadelphia, and he and new Eagles head coach Chip Kelly apparently see Amendola as a good fit for the offense they plan to run.

Amendola is capable of having a huge impact: He had a 15-catch, 160-yard game against the Redskins, and an 11-catch, 102-yard game against the 49ers last season. The biggest problem Amendola has had, however, is staying healthy. If Amendola can be healthy for 16 games, he’s going to be an important part of some team’s offense. That team may be the Eagles.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Eagles to make an offer to Danny Amendola

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 11, 2013, 6:48 AM EDT AmendolaReuters

In 2009, the Eagles signed Danny Amendola to a league-minimum contract and had him on their roster throughout the offseason, but he never got into a regular-season game. Four years later, the Eagles are ready to sign Amendola to a significantly more lucrative contract.

Amendola, a soon-to-be free-agent receiver who isn’t expected to re-sign with the Rams, is in the Eagles’ plans, according to CSNPhilly.com.

When Amendola left the Eagles’ practice squad to join the Rams, Pat Shurmur was the offensive coordinator in St. Louis. Now Shurmur is the offensive coordinator in Philadelphia, and he and new Eagles head coach Chip Kelly apparently see Amendola as a good fit for the offense they plan to run.

Amendola is capable of having a huge impact: He had a 15-catch, 160-yard game against the Redskins, and an 11-catch, 102-yard game against the 49ers last season. The biggest problem Amendola has had, however, is staying healthy. If Amendola can be healthy for 16 games, he’s going to be an important part of some team’s offense. That team may be the Eagles.

GOOD!  Let this injury prone WR go elsewhere!  Rather have a WR who plays EVERY GAME! Like WES! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Hear the Eagles will sign Goldson as well, cut Namdi and try for Revis

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

Florio of Pro Football Talk quoted in a BING sports article that the Pats back-up plan for Welker is Amendola of the Rams and that he will be signed on the first day of free agency. He reported that he believes the Pats have already got an agreement in place with Amendola made possible when the Rams declined to sign him yesterday.

i think its time to move on from the welker exsperiment

Sections
Shortcuts