Floyd Reese will not return to the Pats' front office after the season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Floyd Reese will not return to the Pats' front office after the season

ESPN. Boston is reporting that Reese is not expected back after the season

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4738872/sources-reese-not-expected-back-in-2013

Caserio moving up or Pioli moving back ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Floyd Reese will not return to the Pats' front office after the season

idk but the patriots have drafted better since pioli left imo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

idk but the patriots have drafted better since pioli left imo.

I agree.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Agreed with above.  The reason the Pats had to fill their roster with veterans in 2007, 2008, and 2009 was because we drafted so terribly in 2004 (Wilfork aside), 2005, 2006, and 2007.  I thought 2010 was a great draft...2011 wasn't too far behind either. 

As for Reese, I think he's done a good job.  We've got Mayo locked up for a long while (at least there's some stability), Gronk is done, Hernandez is done, etc... The two TE alone were going to break the bank if the Patriots acted like they usually did...stringing the rookie contract out, then paying more at the backend or losing the player completely.  On that front alone, I think there was a little bit of a shift in how the Pats view their own players...other than Welker I suppose.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Too bad, I thought he has always had a solid track record. I don't know if having Pioli back here is a good thing, but in the end it probably won't matter much...I think it's obvious Belichick is heavily involved in drafting and calls the shots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

my understanding was that reese was not that heavily involved in who we picked. his main thing was contracts and sallary cap management. always hard to know the inner workings of the pats though.

either way, you have to think pioli is coming back home...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Too bad, I thought he has always had a solid track record. I don't know if having Pioli back here is a good thing, but in the end it probably won't matter much...I think it's obvious Belichick is heavily involved in drafting and calls the shots.

I think it is fairly obvious that Pioli had good amount of say in the drafting while he was here.  I sure the hell hope they don't bring him back.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

I always complained about pioli's drafts.  homers jumped on me calling me pink.  but now that hes out im no longer wearing a pink hat.  everyone is....?

Sections
Shortcuts