Flutie Perspective On Tebow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Flutie Perspective On Tebow

Viewpoints from an atypical qb.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/08/flutie_tim_tebow_s_unique

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Flutie Perspective On Tebow

Yeah, Flutie got the same idiotic screw job from the "experts", both fan and pro, that TT is getting. It's the same cliche driven mindless drone now as it was then. The fact is we don't know either way about TT. He has shown some good things and shown some things that cause concern. BB will figure this out. He is the greatest expert in the world on if a guy is for real once he can get him on his practice field.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I'm fine w/ the coaching staff giving Tebow a look. That being said, and the overall state of the team and team's priorities - if Tebow can't help the team this year, should the Patriots let him go or keep him as a project?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

I'm fine w/ the coaching staff giving Tebow a look. That being said, and the overall state of the team and team's priorities - if Tebow can't help the team this year, should the Patriots let him go or keep him as a project?

It just depends on what value BB sees in the #53 scrub. How much that last 3rd stringer be worth compared to TT is the question. That's why I say TT has to be terrible to end up getting cut.

Of course you realize what will happen if he doesn't make the final cut? The media will have a field day comparing him to a handful of very doubtful NFL prospects that end up barely staying. I think by Kraft/BB/McD signing TT, it is basically his roster spot to lose. They would never have signed him if this wasn't the case.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

But if they cut him, they can just resign him later if they need to for whatever reason. He won't get picked up, nobody else wants him. Nobody else wants to accomodate the hullabaloo.

That's pretty well established.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

So it's settled then FINALLY.................please

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Per Flutie...

"Flutie doesn’t believe for one minute we’ll see a position change. Tebow isn’t going to be a tight end. Or morph into an H-back. He’s going to be a quarterback.

“You don’t just step in at the NFL level, and learn to play tight end, or learn to play fullback, or H-back. I’m sure Tim can line up and run a few routes and catch the ball. And do that,” Flutie said. “But to play a tight end position, or a slot position, or H-back, there’s a lot that goes into that. You don’t just all of a sudden learn it."

Yeah, that's what I have been saying all along.

BTW, What does Brian Daboll bring to the Patriots?  He has been around the block and hasn't been very succesful.  Why is he working with Tebow?

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

It just depends on what value BB sees in the #53 scrub. How much that last 3rd stringer be worth compared to TT is the question. That's why I say TT has to be terrible to end up getting cut.

Of course you realize what will happen if he doesn't make the final cut? The media will have a field day comparing him to a handful of very doubtful NFL prospects that end up barely staying. I think by Kraft/BB/McD signing TT, it is basically his roster spot to lose. They would never have signed him if this wasn't the case.

Babe

You make a lot of sense. Tebow is here for a reason. The 53rd spot being held by a QB makes sense simply because the QB position is the most important on the chess board and Tebow is an interesting chess piece to have in reserve for his proven leadershiip abilities. We don't know how he will develop over time but it is a worthwhile risk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

Babe

You make a lot of sense. Tebow is here for a reason. The 53rd spot being held by a QB makes sense simply because the QB position is the most important on the chess board and Tebow is an interesting chess piece to have in reserve for his proven leadershiip abilities. We don't know how he will develop over time but it is a worthwhile risk.

I would repectfully have to disagree. the 53 spots are precious and important for depth purposes.  carrying an extra RB, OL, DL, DE , LB, DB or possibly an extra wideout would allow for protection against injury to one of those spots and add needed depth on special teams. Carrying a 3rd QB who would most likely be inactive on game day seems counter intuitive to how  BB operates.

I would agree that he has shown leadership abilities. I just don't think that is enough to secure a roster spot. I have been wrong before and certainly will be wrong in the future but I just can't see any way he makes this team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

I think it's interesting that Daboll is spending a lot of one on one time with Tebow. Part of the dyslexia?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

The whole beauty of carrying an impact guy like Edelman is to save that 3rd QB spot.

Bwahahahaha!!  Stop the madness!!  Just stop it!!

Are you really still talking about Edelman could be used as a #3?  He hasn't played 1 down in the NFL, ever.  Hasn't played 1 down as a QB since 2008.  You are nut's dude.  Just stop pretending you know more then others around here.  With statements like that you clearly don't!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

The whole beauty of carrying an impact guy like Edelman is to save that 3rd QB spot.

Bwahahahaha!!  Stop the madness!!  Just stop it!!

Are you really still talking about Edelman could be used as a #3?  He hasn't played 1 down in the NFL, ever.  Hasn't played 1 down as a QB since 2008.  You are nut's dude.  Just stop pretending you know more then others around here.  With statements like that you clearly don't!!

[/QUOTE]

what was the video clip from?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Towelie-Toke's comment:

what was the video clip from?

NBC TV series called Community

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I would repectfully have to disagree. the 53 spots are precious and important for depth purposes. 

You are very incorrect. Those last few spots are garbage. Any team can pick guys off the street at anytime that are ostensibly as good as those last few spots.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Edelman's greatest impact for this team so far has been the medical bills.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

it smells like a big favor by BB here tied to nothing more than extended tryout/experiment.

Right dumbkoff. BB Kraft and McD are really eager to run the gauntlet of signing the most high profile controversial guy in the whole league as "a professional favor". Your level of dense always astounds.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Edelman's greatest impact for this team so far has been the medical bills.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, he's arguably the best punt returner in the AFC.  Brady's medical bills were large in 2008 for us.

Good thing BB has Scar in here and has done such great work with the OL here for years and years.

[/QUOTE]

Sure dumbkoff. Only the true superstars are making $600k a year in the NFL on one year deals. Good point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I didn't call him a "superstar". You said he did nothing for our team except add up medical bills.

Caught again.

I'd suggest keeping your old, diseased mouth shut.

I didn't say you called him a superstar dumbkoff. We were talking about impacts. You know, like the one when you landed on your head as an infant and it caused you obvious brain damage?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

it smells like a big favor by BB here tied to nothing more than extended tryout/experiment.

Right dumbkoff. BB Kraft and McD are really eager to run the gauntlet of signing the most high profile controversial guy in the whole league as "a professional favor". Your level of dense always astounds.

His last chance to collect a paycheck will be here (in the NFL), if he makes the team. If he makes it.  Make no mistake.

Last stop, Foxborough, for Timmy.

Urban Meyer and BB are buddies.  Tebow played for Meyer. BB personally took Tebow out to dinner in the North End pre draft, 2010. He's never, ever done that with any NCAA player before a draft. Ever.

Embarrassed yet?

Like I said, maybe you should keep your old, diseased mouth shut. You're out of your league in these kinds of analyses, Gramps.

Spare us your stupidity dumbkoff. Taking somebody out to dinner is a far cry from signing an extremely high profile and controversial player. You are world class dense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I could be used as a #3.  I'll do it for $120K. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

His last chance to collect a paycheck will be here (in the NFL), if he makes the team. If he makes it.  Make no mistake.

Last stop, Foxborough, for Timmy.

Urban Meyer and BB are buddies.  Tebow played for Meyer. BB personally took Tebow out to dinner in the North End pre draft, 2010. He's never, ever done that with any NCAA player before a draft. Ever.

Embarrassed yet?

Like I said, maybe you should keep your old, diseased mouth shut. You're out of your league in these kinds of analyses, Gramps.

Spare us your stupidity dumbkoff. Taking somebody out to dinner is a far cry from signing an extremely high profile and controversial player. You are world class dense.

[/QUOTE]

Why is he controversial?

[/QUOTE]

Even you cannot possibly be this stupid, so I'll assume you are joking.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't want Tebow doing nothing for value here when Edelman plays on STs,

Poor grammar dumbkoff.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

I would repectfully have to disagree. the 53 spots are precious and important for depth purposes. 

You are very incorrect. Those last few spots are garbage. Any team can pick guys off the street at anytime that are ostensibly as good as those last few spots.

[/QUOTE]

Well then we can agree to disagree. My opinion that depth is more important than carrying a 3rd string QB that will offer nothing on game day is no more or less valid than your opinion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well then we can agree to disagree. My opinion that depth is more important than carrying a 3rd string QB that will offer nothing on game day is no more or less valid than your opinion.

[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt the Pats are going to want to field the flack that will ensue if they cut TT and keep some virtual street scrub. Opinions are fine and dandy, if they make any sense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Even you cannot possibly be this stupid, so I'll assume you are joking.

I'll ask again, why is he "controversial"? Because the Jets are morons trading for him and how they handled him with Sanchez being a bust, with the expectation for Tebow to play?

Better yet, are YOU this stupid?

bawhahah

Keep letting the media lead you down the path of moronville.

Oh, I don't know dumbkoff. Maybe the fact that he is controversial is proven by the dozen or so threads that have been put up here regarding him. Ya think?????? You are a certifiable moron.