Flutie Perspective On Tebow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Flutie Perspective On Tebow

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I would repectfully have to disagree. the 53 spots are precious and important for depth purposes. 

You are very incorrect. Those last few spots are garbage. Any team can pick guys off the street at anytime that are ostensibly as good as those last few spots.

[/QUOTE]

Well then we can agree to disagree. My opinion that depth is more important than carrying a 3rd string QB that will offer nothing on game day is no more or less valid than your opinion.

[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt the Pats are going to want to field the flack that will ensue if they cut TT and keep some virtual street scrub. Opinions are fine and dandy, if they make any sense.

[/QUOTE]

We shall see then. I have been wrong before but I would offer they would prefer to keep an extra TE (Sudfeld) until Gronk comes off PUP or perhaps keep an extra DE (Buchanan/Bernard) to make sure they have enough depth.

As far as fielding the "flak" that has never enetred into any decision BB has ever made regarding putting together a 53 man roster to win football games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We shall see then. I have been wrong before but I would offer they would prefer to keep an extra TE (Sudfeld) until Gronk comes off PUP or perhaps keep an extra DE (Buchanan/Bernard) to make sure they have enough depth.

As far as fielding the "flak" that has never enetred into any decision BB has ever made regarding putting together a 53 man roster to win football games.

I can agree that BB wouldn't think twice about the flack if TT is just plain bad. But I doubt he would want to endure that so he can keep some marginal street scrub over a TT who did okay just to address some backup need with a 4th stringer that he could grab off the street when the need arises.

Any way you slice it if TT gets cut there will be comparisons of him to the last man kept. That last man had better look like a legit keeper, or Kraft/BB will look like stooges. And they HAD to know this was the case going into this, and they had to give that potential bad publicity respect going in as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

a 3rd string QB behind Brady and Mallet who may not make the team is "controversial"?

LOL!!

Get yourself a dictionary. You're a moron.  If Tom Brady wasn't a HOFer or Mallett supremely better than Tebow, then you might have a point.  But, as usual, you don't. You're a very dumb person who absolutely does not read books in order to sharpen critical thinking skills.

The Jets made him controversial in NY. Tebow is not in NY.

This is a perfect example of why you are so so so so so so dumb.

TT isn't controversial because of his status with the Pats dumbkoff. He's controversial because of his status with the league vs what he has actually done.

Here's a clue for you dum bass. Can you name any other 3rd string QB candidates that get the press this one does?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

I would repectfully have to disagree. the 53 spots are precious and important for depth purposes. 

You are very incorrect. Those last few spots are garbage. Any team can pick guys off the street at anytime that are ostensibly as good as those last few spots.

[/QUOTE]

Then you'd have 52 players and 1 ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

can't remember who or where someone said that Tebow loves the fans.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2013/08/04/patriots-quarterback-tim-tebow-connects-with-fans-with-his-signing-autographs/JOdplOoltpfwLGWGjoDWpK/story.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

There's really no comparison. Flutie had a good arm but was considered too short to see over the linemen. Tebow can't throw longer than 20 yards and even under that his acuracy is terrible. Flutie was intelligent Tebow is dumber than a rock.

Evil's work computer name ( don't tell the boss )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

a 3rd string QB behind Brady and Mallet who may not make the team is "controversial"?

LOL!!

Get yourself a dictionary. You're a moron.  If Tom Brady wasn't a HOFer or Mallett supremely better than Tebow, then you might have a point.  But, as usual, you don't. You're a very dumb person who absolutely does not read books in order to sharpen critical thinking skills.

TT isn't controversial because of his status with the Pats dumbkoff. He's controversial because of his status with the league vs what he has actually done.

Here's a clue for you dum bass. Can you name any other 3rd string QB candidates that get the press this one does?

[/QUOTE]

What he's done? You mean 2 wins over teams with .500 + records and 1 playoff win compliments of a good Broncos defense and a major screwup by the Steelers' defensive play caller?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

The whole beauty of carrying an impact guy like Edelman is to save that 3rd QB spot.

Bwahahahaha!!  Stop the madness!!  Just stop it!!

Are you really still talking about Edelman could be used as a #3?  He hasn't played 1 down in the NFL, ever.  Hasn't played 1 down as a QB since 2008.  You are nut's dude.  Just stop pretending you know more then others around here.  With statements like that you clearly don't!!

[/QUOTE]

I have absolutely no idea if there is any corelation in the minds of the organization in going with only two QB's while carrying Edleman the past few years. In fact I doubt it.

However, your assertion that he could not be used as the emergency 3rd QB is just as absurd as one stating that they are specifically thinking of him as a 3rd QB.

Exactly how many regular season NFL , or even college starts/snaps for that matter, did Matt Cassel have while being the active backup to Brady? Edelman has more starting QB experience than Cassel did so if Cassel could be the #2 I don't see why Edelman couldn't be the emergency #3.

Heck the Pats even lined Troy Brown up under center a few times in his day when needed.

Looked like you were just picking a fight with Rusty per the usual so if your point was lost on me then apologies but seemd off the mark to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Personally, I wouldn't want to see Tebow or Edelman as the QB on a full time basis. Maybe a well designed trick play - but trick plays seem to work only half the time...lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Yes, Glen, but Tebow is incredibly "controversial" as a 3rd string QB here in camp.

As long as I don't have to endure his pathetic preaching.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

That's not got nothing to do with how BB handles any player here.

Really dumbkoff, fix that grammar. It's painful to see somebody who claims to be a college grad writing so pitifully.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL!!

[/QUOTE]

That's not got nothing to do with how BB handles any player here. As you can see, or any educated Pats fan can see, Tebow is no distraction and treated like every other player trying to make the team.

The press can spend all say trying to pretend any real Pats fan cares about the 3rd string QB with Mallett and Brady under center.

As predicted, no distractions, no "controversy", nothing. The only way it's a controversy, dummy, is if you can make a case for him being your starter. Here, he's blocked by two clearly superior talents, one a HOFer.

IN Denver he was a 1st rd pick behind Orton and NY TRADED for him with a bust at QB. THAT and his hero worship fanbase combined to create the controversy, dumbo.

BB slapped it quick after his arrival here and he's like no other player even if the media wants to think he is special.

3rd string QBs are not special.

Bludgeoned.

[/QUOTE]

The VI proves his status here yet again.  Here you claim BB treats TT like every other player, yet previously you claimed the only reason BB signed him was to do somebody a "favor". Same old lying dumbkoff who speaks out of both sides of his mouth daily.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

What he's done? You mean 2 wins over teams with .500 + records and 1 playoff win compliments of a good Broncos defense and a major screwup by the Steelers' defensive play caller?

Well he has thrown 2 TDs and no INTs in the playoffs compared to Luck's zero TDs and 1 INT.

Unlike Luck he has actually won a playoff game despite being thrown under the bus by Elway repeatedly while Luck has been azz kissed by the entire world.

Right, that Denver D was so awesome they gave up 45 to the Pats in the playoffs.

Any more spin you would like me to body slam for you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah, Flutie got the same idiotic screw job from the "experts", both fan and pro, that TT is getting. It's the same cliche driven mindless drone now as it was then. The fact is we don't know either way about TT. He has shown some good things and shown some things that cause concern. BB will figure this out. He is the greatest expert in the world on if a guy is for real once he can get him on his practice field.

Except Flutie could throw the ball

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yeah, Flutie got the same idiotic screw job from the "experts", both fan and pro, that TT is getting. It's the same cliche driven mindless drone now as it was then. The fact is we don't know either way about TT. He has shown some good things and shown some things that cause concern. BB will figure this out. He is the greatest expert in the world on if a guy is for real once he can get him on his practice field.

Except Flutie could throw the ball

[/QUOTE]

That's true, and at a much higher frequency to the other team than Tebow. Good point.

Sections
Shortcuts